Author Topic: Rand Paul’s alleged attacker charged with federal crime  (Read 2562 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Rand Paul’s alleged attacker charged with federal crime
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 05:24:20 pm »
It usually jumps the rails when you hit on someone's big issue and that opens up a can of something.

Obviously, Benefit has serious problems with psychotherapy and I think he's right in a lot of what he says.

{They literally ate my family, alive, before it dawned on me just who and what they were. My wife started seeing a 'Therapist' to help her deal with some old wounds she acquired before we were married. Within months, I was married to Sybil. Never knew Who was going to be in the room when I came back from the kitchen. Then the afternoon arrived when she knocked over her purse. 7, yes Seven, different prescription mind altering drugs spilled out of it onto the floor. Taking them all at the same time, each one to deal with a differing concatenation of 'Side Effects' the others induced.}

He's certainly studied it more than I have.

One problem I have with an insanity defense is that it's insane.  Anybody who murders or commits assault is a little (or a lot) off.  But if you can get a jury to fall for an insanity defense, it often results in far shorter incarceration and early release.

Absolutely! As for him being a Danger to Society, that's not the business of Medicine to Control. It's the purview of the Courts.

That's what we Have prisons for in the first place.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 05:26:34 pm »
I agree.  The guy obviously has mental problems but that doesn't mean he's insane.  It means that he is a bad person who apparently nursed a grudge against Rand for a long time.

I'm inclined to agree with you here in part.   I don't think that abject hatred and rage are an indication that he's mentally ill.

Sometimes the problem is one of the heart and not of the mind.

I'd like to see this guy lose his license and spend more than 5 years in prison for attempted murder of someone simply because he opposed his politics.  (The brush excuse is a bunch of hooey).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 05:04:14 am »
You haven't discussed anything.

If you want Discussion, you'll need to bring something To the discussion.

Carl Jung in Hearst's International Cosmopolitan magazine 1939.

About Hitler, Jung says, "There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As somebody commented about him at the last Nuremberg party congress, since the time of Mohammed nothing like it has been seen in this world. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler's is what makes him do things which seem to us illogical, inexplicable, curious and unreasonable...So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a form of a spiritual vessel, a demi-deity or, even better, a myth."

You don't want to discuss anything. I made a one sentence comment about a guy who attacked someone needing a psych exam and you took that opportunity to attack the mental health field including some quote about Hitler? I don't know why you seem to want to pick a fight but  you seem very angry and I'm not willing to be your punching bag today.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 07:28:55 am »
You don't want to discuss anything. I made a one sentence comment about a guy who attacked someone needing a psych exam and you took that opportunity to attack the mental health field including some quote about Hitler? I don't know why you seem to want to pick a fight but  you seem very angry and I'm not willing to be your punching bag today.

I have merely shown you where the concept itself of Mental Health comes from.

There is much, much more to be said about it than I have offered here.

I made a one sentence comment about a guy who attacked someone needing a psych exam

Why? To What End? For What Purpose? Your comment implies that someone, either the guy who attacked Rand Paul or a bunch of unspecified somebodies (Society at Large) would benefit from him getting a Psych Exam.

HOW? In What Way?

What do you expect the Psych/s doing the exam to Do?

Cure Him?

The only people Psychs ever cure are Themselves and their Co-Workers, and That, is Chargeable Federal Civil Rights Crime.

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/California%20Diversion%20Programs

This is a Screaming, Slam Dunk Violation of the patient's 5th and 14th Amendment Rights.

Understand this with perfect, unflinching clarity.

A Psychiatric/Psychological 'Diagnosis' is an Opinion, not fact, and it is a Lifetime Stink. Anyone who gets suckered into being pasted with a 'Diagnosis' has their entire Life dumped into the Toilet in more ways than I have time, or you have the interest, to go through.

A Psych Exam/Diagnosis is Forever. It doesn't expire. It is a legal nightmare and the only road out of it is to go to Court where the Victim will run into the same Laissez Faire, 'I don't know about that and I don't care about that' from Judges which your desire to just Dump it into the Psych's laps advocates.

If you wish to discuss this then Discuss it based on actual Fact and Verifiable information.

Not on uniformed "Well, Everybody Knows Psychs are the Experts in this Area. Let Them Deal With It."

Psychs are not the experts on this issue.

Psychiatrists Are Not Reliable Expert Witnesses

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2014/11/psychiatrists-and-psychologists-not.html?m=0

They are Multiple Unindicted Federal Felons, Racketeers and Federal Civil Rights Statute Violators.

You don't know Why I seem to want to pick a fight?

I don't know Why you're calling yourself a Conservative since your preconceptions/misconceptions identify you as someone who doesn't give a Hoot for the Bill of Rights itself.

I can teach it to you, but I can't learn it for you.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:45:06 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 01:29:58 pm »
Sometimes a thread jumps the rails. Hang in there!  ^-^

We are the "Amtrak" of political discussion sites.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 01:43:03 pm »
Nothing new.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 04:02:07 pm »
It would seem "alleged" is no longer appropriate as he has signed a plea agreement.   For that matter he has admitted the attack in the course of the state charges.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:54 pm »
And to think I used to come here for rational discussion.

And you stay...why?  Irrational discussion?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 05:26:07 pm »
I have merely shown you where the concept itself of Mental Health comes from.

There is much, much more to be said about it than I have offered here.

I made a one sentence comment about a guy who attacked someone needing a psych exam

Why? To What End? For What Purpose? Your comment implies that someone, either the guy who attacked Rand Paul or a bunch of unspecified somebodies (Society at Large) would benefit from him getting a Psych Exam.

HOW? In What Way?

What do you expect the Psych/s doing the exam to Do?

Cure Him?

The only people Psychs ever cure are Themselves and their Co-Workers, and That, is Chargeable Federal Civil Rights Crime.

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/California%20Diversion%20Programs

This is a Screaming, Slam Dunk Violation of the patient's 5th and 14th Amendment Rights.

Understand this with perfect, unflinching clarity.

A Psychiatric/Psychological 'Diagnosis' is an Opinion, not fact, and it is a Lifetime Stink. Anyone who gets suckered into being pasted with a 'Diagnosis' has their entire Life dumped into the Toilet in more ways than I have time, or you have the interest, to go through.

A Psych Exam/Diagnosis is Forever. It doesn't expire. It is a legal nightmare and the only road out of it is to go to Court where the Victim will run into the same Laissez Faire, 'I don't know about that and I don't care about that' from Judges which your desire to just Dump it into the Psych's laps advocates.

If you wish to discuss this then Discuss it based on actual Fact and Verifiable information.

Not on uniformed "Well, Everybody Knows Psychs are the Experts in this Area. Let Them Deal With It."

Psychs are not the experts on this issue.

Psychiatrists Are Not Reliable Expert Witnesses

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2014/11/psychiatrists-and-psychologists-not.html?m=0

They are Multiple Unindicted Federal Felons, Racketeers and Federal Civil Rights Statute Violators.

You don't know Why I seem to want to pick a fight?

I don't know Why you're calling yourself a Conservative since your preconceptions/misconceptions identify you as someone who doesn't give a Hoot for the Bill of Rights itself.

I can teach it to you, but I can't learn it for you.

:facepalm2:

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 05:37:57 pm »
:facepalm2:

Did I or did I not tell you not to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, . . . Troll?

You prepared to offer anything Cogent, . . . beyond a Smiley Icon?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:40:13 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Oceander

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 05:55:56 pm »
Did I or did I not tell you not to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, . . . Troll?

You prepared to offer anything Cogent, . . . beyond a Smiley Icon?

You don’t deserve anything more cogent because it’s clear beyond any peradventure that you wouldn’t accept the word of God if it wasn’t completely in line with your own half-educated biases and assumptions.

You’re a little like Marx, who took a good insight and ruined it with too much half-witted ideology.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 06:17:37 pm »
You don’t deserve anything more cogent because it’s clear beyond any peradventure that you wouldn’t accept the word of God if it wasn’t completely in line with your own half-educated biases and assumptions.

You’re a little like Marx, who took a good insight and ruined it with too much half-witted ideology.

You're object appears to be goading me into giving you a response that will get the Moderators to jump in and lock this thread down.

Sorry Charlie, only the Best get to to be Star Kissed, . . .  off.

The official Govt supported, funded, and protected Agenda, demonstrated in information I've already shared out is to boot at least 10% of everyone out of employment and onto Lifetime SSDI payouts and turn them into drug addicts at Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and Private Insurer expense.

You OK with that?

My own half-educated biases and assumptions?

I said Cogent. Off the cuff, unsupported or referenced insults don't qualify as Cogent.

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 06:21:19 pm »

You're object appears to be goading me into giving you a response that will get the Moderators to jump in and lock this thread down.

Sorry Charlie, only the Best get to to be Star Kissed, . . .  off.

The official Govt supported, funded, and protected Agenda, demonstrated in information I've already shared out is to boot at least 10% of everyone out of employment and onto Lifetime SSDI payouts and turn them into drug addicts at Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and Private Insurer expense.

You OK with that?

My own half-educated biases and assumptions?

I said Cogent. Off the cuff, unsupported or referenced insults don't qualify as Cogent.

Nope.  I said exactly what I meant.  And you’ve just proven my point.  Thanks. 

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 06:30:48 pm »
Nope.  I said exactly what I meant.  And you’ve just proven my point.  Thanks.

Wear a hat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 06:31:13 pm »
But ... what about the guy who attacked Rand Paul?

Can't we be mad at him?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 06:32:32 pm »

Can't we be mad at him?

It is better to be mad at one another. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 06:33:38 pm »

Can't we be mad at him?

:jail:

Yes we can.

This guy and his act are what we Have prisons for!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 06:47:26 pm »
:jail:

Yes we can.

This guy and his act are what we Have prisons for!

Exactly ... and everybody agrees on that (I think)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 07:03:22 pm »
Exactly ... and everybody agrees on that (I think)

I do.   

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 07:21:05 pm »
I do.

Well that's certainly, something.

The TBR Illuminati has joined the ranks of #MeToo.

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »
Well that's certainly, something.

The TBR Illuminati has joined the ranks of #MeToo.

Poor widdle snowflake

Offline Mod2

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2018, 07:34:15 pm »
The topic of this thread is the guy who attacked Sen. Paul. No more namecalling. Please stay on topic.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2018, 12:50:57 am »
Nothing new.

That doesn't look like an Amtrak train.
That doesn't even look like America...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:06 am »
It was India.  Just thought it was a magnificent train wreck.   :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fantom

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2018, 01:57:06 am »
The topic of this thread is the guy who attacked Sen. Paul. No more namecalling. Please stay on topic.

Wow, that certainly came out of lawn and garden. 

Sorry, just had to say it.  :laugh:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass