Author Topic: Rand Paul’s alleged attacker charged with federal crime  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rand Paul’s alleged attacker charged with federal crime
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:56:48 am »
The neighbor of Sen. Rand Paul who is accused of attacking the Kentucky Republican has been charged with a federal crime, the Department of Justice announced Friday.

Rene Boucher, 58, of Bowling Green, Ky., has been charged with assaulting a member of Congress, resulting in personal injury, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana Josh Minkler announced.

On Nov. 3, Boucher allegedly "had enough" after seeing Paul stack brush onto a pile near the senator's property, according to court documents. Boucher then ran onto Paul's property and tackled him, leaving him with six broken ribs, the documents state.

Paul returned to the Senate two weeks after the incident. Earlier this month, he described the initial weeks of his recovery as "a living hell."

While Boucher has signed a plea agreement, no date has been set for him to enter his guilty plea, the Justice Department said. He faces up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000,
according to the agreement

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/369857-rand-pauls-alleged-attacker-charged-with-federal-crime
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Rand Paul’s alleged attacker charged with federal crime
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 01:57:37 am »
I'm glad this guy is getting charged.  Rand sustained serious injuries.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 01:59:09 am »

He needs to be charged with more. A politically motivated attack..terrorism.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:10:14 am »
Rand Paul's Attacker Pleads Guilty To Felony

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/19/rand-pauls-attacker-pleads-guilty-to-felony/

The Kentucky man who attacked Sen. Rand Paul last year pleaded guilty to a felony assault charge on Friday.

In the plea deal, Rene Boucher, a neighbor of Paul’s, admitted to tackling the Republican from behind while he was mowing his lawn in Bowling Green. Boucher said that he was triggered after seeing Paul stack a pile of brush near their mutual property line.

Boucher had “had enough,” he said, according to the plea agreement.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:23:42 am »
He could get up to 10 years.  He should at least get five years as he could have killed Paul by a broken rib entering his lung or his heart.  He needs to stay in prison at least 5 yrs. so he never attacks another person.  A slap on the wrist is not enough for this felony attack.  The fine of money means nothing - he needs prison time.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:32:51 am »
He could get up to 10 years.  He should at least get five years as he could have killed Paul by a broken rib entering his lung or his heart.  He needs to stay in prison at least 5 yrs. so he never attacks another person.  A slap on the wrist is not enough for this felony attack.  The fine of money means nothing - he needs prison time.

And a psych exam.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:39 am »
And a psych exam.

What for?

Help him reverse his conviction as a matter of diminished capacity?

Let him serve out his time in a prison psych ward being fed mind altering drugs as if they were vitamins?

What the hell good is That going to do?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:41:52 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 02:40:03 am »
Take away his medical license.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 03:00:08 am »

He should be charged with attempted murder. But the fines are just a criminal fine. I have no doubt that he will be sued civilly separately on so many levels. By the time the whole thing is over with, this guy will be in Federal prison, homeless, and bankrupt.

Rand Paul's lawyers will clean him out. IMO

And I do agree that he does need some kind of serious psychological help. He has certainly proved with no doubt that he is definitely a danger to self and others.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 03:01:59 am »
10 years in prison and he'll have to be worried about more than brush near his 'property' line. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 03:02:56 am »
10 years in prison and he'll have to be worried about more than brush near his 'property' line.

Club fed.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 03:08:05 am »

He should be charged with attempted murder. But the fines are just a criminal fine. I have no doubt that he will be sued civilly separately on so many levels. By the time the whole thing is over with, this guy will be in Federal prison, homeless, and bankrupt.

Rand Paul's lawyers will clean him out. IMO

And I do agree that he does need some kind of serious psychological help. He has certainly proved with no doubt that he is definitely a danger to self and others.

Define please.

Psychological 'Help' is an oxymoron.

The Pros make more money pushing drugs in a 5 minute Interview than they do in a 15 minute counseling session, and the drugs cause violence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 03:35:36 am »
What for?

Let him serve out his time in a prison psych ward being fed mind altering drugs as if they were vitamins?

I agree.  The guy obviously has mental problems but that doesn't mean he's insane.  It means that he is a bad person who apparently nursed a grudge against Rand for a long time.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 03:47:08 am »

Define please.

Psychological 'Help' is an oxymoron.

The Pros make more money pushing drugs in a 5 minute Interview than they do in a 15 minute counseling session, and the drugs cause violence.
@To-Whose-Benefit

I did define it. "A danger to self and others", is what I, and most people and organizations (such as the military or the police), define as someone who needs psychological help.

What this guy did was violent and crazy. Would you attack a Senator like that who is your next door neighbor or would you simply walk over and talk to him? Or, you can go to the city and file a complaint. Or you can go to court if you feel your property is being diminished in some way, and ask for damages. There is no question that what this guy did is the very definition of 'crazy', and in an aggressively violent way. He is a danger to society at large. What would happen if you cut him off in traffic?

However, I do concede your larger point. American psychology has become a pill factory for profit. And too often these pills do more damage than good to the patient. I agree with what you are getting at. There is real psychology as a medical profession. But in America, it has devolved into a vending machine for the pharmaceutical industries.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:49:56 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 05:50:36 am »
What for?

He obviously has some serious issues and is a danger to others. He is not going to go to prison for life. He'll be out again and the next time a neighbor lets their tree clippings fall on his lawn he may succeed in acting killing them this time. He's not going to spend his life in prison so what would you suggest would be a better way to protect his neighbors once he gets out?

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 05:58:35 am »
I agree.  The guy obviously has mental problems but that doesn't mean he's insane.  It means that he is a bad person who apparently nursed a grudge against Rand for a long time.

As you said, he obviously has mental problems. There is a difference between that and being insane. Insane people have no sense of what is right and wrong. But I understand that talking about these types of issues isn't a popular topic among some here lately.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 06:05:15 am »
To ALL of you supporting getting this guy psychological help.

What he did was ILLEGAL. What he did, from a Christian POV was EVIL.

What is it you don't get?

None of these Psychological 'Helpers' have ever cured Anyone of Anything.

So where do you get the idea that they're going cure him of EVIL, CRIMINAL behaviors?

What is the Disconnect?

Show me a Single Psychological Cure for Anything, Anytime, Anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:07:10 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 07:02:38 am »
As you said, he obviously has mental problems. There is a difference between that and being insane. Insane people have no sense of what is right and wrong. But I understand that talking about these types of issues isn't a popular topic among some here lately.

You can talk about these types of issues till the cows come home.

Nothing is going to change the fact that the very Word 'Psychological' itself implies a verifiable falsehood.

Just Use the word 'Psychological' and a grey, impenetrable fog descends over people's otherwise functional Bullshit Detectors.

It is not Science. It is not Help. It is Bait and Switch.

If it were either Science or Beneficial it would not require a Lifetime of repeated Counseling/Brain Washing sessions.

If it had Any benefit that lasted beyond the next appointment, that benefit would become cumulative, and eventually there wouldn't be a Need for a lifetime of weekly or monthly, repeat applications, return appointments.

For Chrissakes the knowledge base Psychology comes from is a mish mash of Ancient Mythologies and Seances.

Carl Jung is the current Weathervane for this field.

He subdivided human personality into Archtypes based upon the old Greek Gods/Myths.

Show me where he ever took an honest look into himself in the mirror, because I have yet to find Procrustes who chopped off or stretched peoples limbs to perfectly fit his bed, among them.

Jung was a loud mouthed bully who shouted down other speakers at conferences, from the audience, used a 13 year old niece to research his seances, and then turned on her to characterize and malign her as a simpleton, a dumb, brutish, pathetic wretch.

He was a rabid Anti-Semite who blew sunshine up Hitler's skirts. Not in 1933, but in 1939 when everyone Knew what Hitler was.

When he finally figured out he'd backed the wrong horse he went to Switzerland to share his psychoanalysis of Hitler with Dulles, telling him he knew how to get the German People to surrender. Then Ike invaded France at Normandy. Tells you what Ike, FDR, Churchill, and Dulles thought of Jung and his Psychological Analysis.

If you're ever in a big, used book store, look at all the space Jung's writings take up.

One critic best pegged him as a 'Teutonic Gasbag'.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:06:20 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:50 pm »
You can talk about these types of issues till the cows come home.

Nothing is going to change the fact that the very Word 'Psychological' itself implies a verifiable falsehood.

Just Use the word 'Psychological' and a grey, impenetrable fog descends over people's otherwise functional Bullshit Detectors.

It is not Science. It is not Help. It is Bait and Switch.

If it were either Science or Beneficial it would not require a Lifetime of repeated Counseling/Brain Washing sessions.

If it had Any benefit that lasted beyond the next appointment, that benefit would become cumulative, and eventually there wouldn't be a Need for a lifetime of weekly or monthly, repeat applications, return appointments.

For Chrissakes the knowledge base Psychology comes from is a mish mash of Ancient Mythologies and Seances.

Carl Jung is the current Weathervane for this field.

He subdivided human personality into Archtypes based upon the old Greek Gods/Myths.

Show me where he ever took an honest look into himself in the mirror, because I have yet to find Procrustes who chopped off or stretched peoples limbs to perfectly fit his bed, among them.

Jung was a loud mouthed bully who shouted down other speakers at conferences, from the audience, used a 13 year old niece to research his seances, and then turned on her to characterize and malign her as a simpleton, a dumb, brutish, pathetic wretch.

He was a rabid Anti-Semite who blew sunshine up Hitler's skirts. Not in 1933, but in 1939 when everyone Knew what Hitler was.

When he finally figured out he'd backed the wrong horse he went to Switzerland to share his psychoanalysis of Hitler with Dulles, telling him he knew how to get the German People to surrender. Then Ike invaded France at Normandy. Tells you what Ike, FDR, Churchill, and Dulles thought of Jung and his Psychological Analysis.

If you're ever in a big, used book store, look at all the space Jung's writings take up.

One critic best pegged him as a 'Teutonic Gasbag'.

And to think I used to come here for rational discussion.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 02:45:20 pm »

You haven't discussed anything.

If you want Discussion, you'll need to bring something To the discussion.

Carl Jung in Hearst's International Cosmopolitan magazine 1939.

About Hitler, Jung says, "There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As somebody commented about him at the last Nuremberg party congress, since the time of Mohammed nothing like it has been seen in this world. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler's is what makes him do things which seem to us illogical, inexplicable, curious and unreasonable...So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a form of a spiritual vessel, a demi-deity or, even better, a myth."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:46:02 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 02:51:42 pm »
Sometimes a thread jumps the rails. Hang in there!  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 03:05:49 pm »

If anyone needs sources, batten down your hatches.

This field and its Government Agency, the NIMH, have between 20% to 25% of everyone suffering from an Incurable Mental Illness.

Anyone want to discuss the ridiculousness of that, rationally?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 05:04:32 pm »

I hate it as much as the next guy, when a gray, impenetrable fog overcomes me.

But, seriously, you told me a lot I didn't know about Carl Jung.  I will consider it the next time someone cites him as an authority.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 05:10:07 pm »

It usually jumps the rails when you hit on someone's big issue and that opens up a can of something.

Obviously, Benefit has serious problems with psychotherapy and I think he's right in a lot of what he says.

He's certainly studied it more than I have.

One problem I have with an insanity defense is that it's insane.  Anybody who murders or commits assault is a little (or a lot) off.  But if you can get a jury to fall for an insanity defense, it often results in far shorter incarceration and early release.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 05:12:32 pm »
I hate it as much as the next guy, when a gray, impenetrable fog overcomes me.

But, seriously, you told me a lot I didn't know about Carl Jung.  I will consider it the next time someone cites him as an authority.

I'm not the be all end all expert by any means.

Richard Noll is.

Richard Noll is a clinical psychologist and historian of medicine. His books and scholarly articles have been, or are in the process of being, translated into fourteen languages. His books have won awards from the British Medical Association, the Association of American Publishers, and Cheiron, the International Society for the History of the Behavioral and Social Sciences. Previously Lecturer in the History of Science at Harvard University and a Resident Fellow at the Dibner Institute for the History of Science and Technology at MIT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Noll

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-Noll/e/B001HCVOJQ/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1516467991&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.com/Aryan-Christ-Secret-Life-Carl/dp/0679449450/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/Jung-Cult-Origins-Charismatic-Movement/dp/0684834235/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Noll got flak from the Jung family over his research. They blocked him from further accessing Carl Jung's papers in a Govt. Archive rather than have any more truth about their family claim to fame come out.