Author Topic: Neighbor intends to plead guilty to assault of Sen. Rand Paul: court documents  (Read 309 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
By Justin Jouvenal January 19 at 6:51 PM
A neighbor of Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, has agreed to plead guilty in federal court in a November attack that left the nation’s best known libertarian with six broken ribs and briefly sidelined him during debate over the tax overhaul, according to court documents.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana announced Friday that Rene Boucher, 59, would face a count of assaulting a member of Congress. Authorities said he became angry and “had enough” after seeing Paul stack more brush on a pile near his yard on Nov. 3.

Boucher then executed a “running tackle” on Paul, 54, in the yard of his Bowling Green, Ky. home, according to court records. Paul, who had been mowing his lawn and was wearing headphones, did not see Boucher until the last second.

Boucher, who had previously been charged with a misdemeanor in a county court and had pleaded not guilty, denied there was any political motivation for the assault in an interview with police, according to court documents. Boucher claimed it was a property dispute that finally boiled over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/neighbor-agrees-to-plead-guilty-to-assault-of-sen-rand-paul-court-documents/2018/01/19/a65bd612-efeb-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."