Author Topic: CNN star Jim Acosta scolded by Mick Mulvaney amid ‘Schumer Shutdown’ briefing  (Read 398 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
CNN’s Jim Acosta resumed his role as White House punching bag on Friday when Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney shut him down during a briefing on the looming government shutdown.

Acosta asked, “How can it be the Schumer Shutdown when Republicans control the White House, the House and the Senate?”

Mulvaney smirked before firing back, “Come on, you know the answer to that as well as anybody. I laugh when people say that… you know as well as anybody that it takes 60 votes in the Senate… you know that?”

Acosta timidly acknowledged that he did, in fact, claim to know what Mulvaney was referring to before re-phrasing his question.

“The president asked Congress to come up with a solution for the Dreamers. Congress was in the room, members of Congress were in the room with the president last week, seemed to be a fairly productive meeting, and the whole process got blown up,” Acosta said. “It seems like the whole process was blown up by the president’s comment.”

Mulvaney tried to respond as Acosta spoke over him for a few seconds. The OMB director eventually stated that Democrats want Trump to be blamed for the shutdown.

“This is purely an attempt by the Senate Democrats, led by Mr. Schumer -- that’s why we call it the Schumer Shutdown  -- in order to try and get a shutdown they think this president gets blamed for,” Mulvaney said.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/19/cnn-star-jim-acosta-scolded-by-mick-mulvaney-amid-schumer-shutdown-briefing.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Acosta thinks he is a rock star! Billy Badass at CNN.  It would be best if he was ignored like a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum in walmart.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Acosta thinks he is a rock star! Billy Badass at CNN.  It would be best if he was ignored like a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum in walmart.

Too self important to realize he's continually stepping on his crank.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Too self important to realize he's continually stepping on his crank.

Nice. :police:  I need to use that one more often when the ladies are around. :smokin:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nice. :police:  I need to use that one more often when the ladies are around. :smokin:.

You're welcome  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

Mulvaney rocks!   He is my favorite person in the entire Administration.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-