Author Topic: People flocking to low-tax states could swing future elections  (Read 2718 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: People flocking to low-tax states could swing future elections
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2018, 11:15:53 pm »
Keyword "apparent." I bet if we talked face to place, we'd find many more things in common.

I used the word 'apparent' more like 'revealed', not like 'supposed or purported'. And I have much in common with my own sister, who is as whacko-liberal moonbat as they come (she paid good money to attend both Obama inaugurations). But what we have in common, obviously doesn't make up for the difference.

The daily news feed here, is intended to start conflict, and it works.

The test of any philosophy is found in the conflict - In the conflict is where it matters. The impasse reveals.

My grandfather was a Montana-Wyoming cowboy. My father started as a carpenter. I lived in the intermountain states as a kid. I have never lived in a big city.

I learned conservatism starting with Eisenhower, from my family. But they were northerers-religous abolitionists. Throw in Mormons, too. (Never been Mormon even a day in my life, but historically they played a major role in westward expansion of this country.)

I have family all over the West. A few in Canada. Nobody in big cities.   

My sister could say the same thing. And she thinks she is well-reasoned.
She cannot for the life of her understand why her hick family abhors the communism she espouses in typical Clintonite fashion.
Much the same exists between moderate Republicans and far right Conservatives, IMHO.