Author Topic: Antioxidant Properties of Coffee  (Read 420 times)

rangerrebew

Antioxidant Properties of Coffee
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:23:19 pm »
Antioxidant Properties of Coffee

Sponsored Content by Bruker BioSpin - NMR, EPR and ImagingJan 18 2018

Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant, which affects the central nervous system by binding to adenosine receptors, blocking adenosine from slowing the cells’ activity. It is present in the leaves, seeds, or fruit of more than 60 plant species, including coffee beans, tea leaves, cacao beans and yerbe mate leaves.

Plants produce caffeine as a pesticide, but it is taken daily by billions in the form of coffee, tea and chocolate to alleviate fatigue, increase alertness and improve concentration. It is also added to some over-the-counter medications as an energy boost to counter fatigue brought on by illness and promote the effect of analgesics. Consequently, it is the most commonly used drug in the world.

https://www.news-medical.net/whitepaper/20180118/Antioxidant-properties-of-coffee.aspx

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Antioxidant Properties of Coffee
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:42:25 pm »
I don't understand the methodology but I am very happy to know my 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day are good for me.  It is certainly good for those around me that I remain properly caffeinated.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.