Author Topic: ‘We will prosecute’ employers who help immigration sweeps, California AG says  (Read 2550 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
States like California create the problems they find themselves in...it's like a circular firing squad.
Actually in California it's more like Moonbeam and the democrats holding a gun to the taxpayers heads and forcing them to play Russian Roulette with a fully loaded weapon.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I used to ridicule the notion that the country was headed towards civil war, now I wonder what could possibly prevent it? Seems like every day we inch closer to it.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I used to ridicule the notion that the country was headed towards civil war, now I wonder what could possibly prevent it? Seems like every day we inch closer to it.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

We have people like Soros scheming and pushing us towards it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DB

States like California create the problems they find themselves in...it's like a circular firing squad.

It might have had something to do with illegal invaders from the south over the last 30 years that California was not allowed to deal with by the federal government... Look up proposition 187 or click here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_187

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

As a native Californian and unhyphenated American, I would love to see Moonbeam and the racist supporters of La Raza that infest all levels of California government get slapped down really hard.

@GtHawk

If you were to frame it like that to them,you might even be able to get them to pay extra to have you do it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Fortune 500 company I retired from recently moved a few years ago from California to Texas already.
One such firm that I worked at for 15 years did so as well. Fluor Corp to be precise.

Founded in Orange County, around 100 years before moving to Irving TX.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

One such firm that I worked at for 15 years did so as well. Fluor Corp to be precise.

The "tech" bubble will break and look out California...

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The "tech" bubble will break and look out California...

@DB

No problem. The new workers bees will be coming in from India,and they are used to living in cardboard shacks and eating their pets.

Offline DB

@DB

No problem. The new workers bees will be coming in from India,and they are used to living in cardboard shacks and eating their pets.

Something like 65% of the programmers in the Bay Area are foreign born... Their offspring are Americans. They have no understanding of our constitution, history or culture. They came for the jobs from some third world hell hole and are remaking what they left here.

I'll add that guns and free speech are scary to them - so they vote against them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:48:49 pm by DB »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Something like 65% of the programmers in the Bay Area are foreign born... Their offspring are Americans. They have no understanding of our constitution, history or culture. They came for the jobs from some third world hell hole and are remaking what they left here.

I'll add that guns and free speech are scary to them - so they vote against them.

@DB

Yup! The immigrants from Europe and Asia in the 1800's and 1900's also came here for better jobs and more pay,but that was just a part of why they came. Better jobs and higher pay were just a part of a better life lived as free people. They left their home countries home to become AMERICANS.

Today's immigrants are primarily looking for handouts and money to send home.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@DB

Yup! The immigrants from Europe and Asia in the 1800's and 1900's also came here for better jobs and more pay,but that was just a part of why they came. Better jobs and higher pay were just a part of a better life lived as free people. They left their home countries home to become AMERICANS.

Today's immigrants are primarily looking for handouts and money to send home.

Most of those peoe grew up with oppressive govt.   They don't know any different.   They do what they're told
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@truth_seeker

I have spend many hundreds of hours in FLUOR offices during my working career, mostly in London and Houston.  Perhaps we have bumped into each other.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

I have spend many hundreds of hours in FLUOR offices during my working career, mostly in London and Houston.  Perhaps we have bumped into each other.

I was mainly in Irvine after 3 years in City of Commerce. I did visit Houston frequently for several years. Total 1974-1988.

If you ever heard of the Houston-Irvine cost comparison, blame me. (very favorable of Houston). Me, Finance. My last boss in Irvine was Joe Panichi, formerly Controller, Houston.

I would bet you worked on Aramco gas gathering?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:51:56 am by truth_seeker »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I was mainly in Irvine after 3 years in City of Commerce. I did visit Houston frequently for several years. Total 1974-1988.

If you ever heard of the Houston-Irvine cost comparison, blame me. (very favorable of Houston). Me, Finance. My last boss in Irvine was Joe Panichi, formerly Controller, Houston.

I would bet you worked on Aramco gas gathering?

@truth_seeker

Yep.  Third guy they brought into the then brand new gas operations department from the outside.  Didn't get on well with the bean counters all that well generally.

Maybe we crossed paths at some point but the Berri Gas project was out of London. Was in Houston later for Shedgum and Safaniya.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:46:03 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

Yep.  Third guy they brought into the then brand new gas operations department from the outside.  Didn't get on well with the bean counters all that well generally.

Maybe we crossed paths at some point but the Berri Gas project was out of London. Was in Houston later for Shedgum and Safaniya.
I recall the top man in Houston around then was Ernie Moncrief.

I was mainly a Corp. Hq. staff type but involved heavily helping proposals, projects and divisions with burden and indirect rates.

Aramco used Exxon formats for same. I also made it to London and Haarlem.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I recall the top man in Houston around then was Ernie Moncrief.

I was mainly a Corp. Hq. staff type but involved heavily helping proposals, projects and divisions with burden and indirect rates.

Aramco used Exxon formats for same. I also made it to London and Haarlem.

We may very well have had lunch together one day. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The company I worked for Occidental is almost 100 as it was founded in 1920 in Los Angeles, and moved its HQ to Houston in 2014.

What years where you in London?  I was there 1981 thru 84 working for Texaco.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:07:41 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington