Author Topic: Gutierrez: Immigrants Should Be Allowed To "Unite" Entire Family; Bring Dad, Brothers, Wife & Childr  (Read 381 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gutierrez: Immigrants Should Be Allowed To "Unite" Entire Family; Bring Dad, Brothers, Wife & Children To U.S.
Real Clear Politics, Jan 18, 2018, Ian Schwartz

Democratic Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) said that in a congressional meeting Wednesday, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly stopped talking about a border "wall" and started talking about a "barrier." In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, the outgoing Congressman also expressed his outrage at Kelly for using the term "chain migration."

Rep. Gutierrez argued that "family-based visas" are necessary because that is "where you unite." The House Dem said an immigrant should be able to eventually bring their whole family -- father, brothers, wife, and children -- with them because "that would be a good thing to have."

"[Kelly said] we need you to end what he calls chain migration which everybody in the room felt very offended by the term," Gutierrez complained. "He said we need to end chain migration which is family-based visas. That is where you unite. That is where, I don't know, I show up and I say you know what, I'd really like my dad because that would be a good thing for me to have as an immigrant. And I my brothers, and I want my wife and children so we can build a family."

More: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/18/gutierrez_immigrants_should_be_allowed_to_unite_entire_family_dad_brothers_wife__children.html

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
... and then cousins, second cousins and distant relations by marriage that no one has records of - but because they are Mexicans the door should be open wide....

Hey GUTIERREZ - your fellow countrymen should get in line while we adopt the SAME EXACT STANDARDS FOR RESIDENT VISAS AND IMMIGRATION THAT MEXICO HAS.

On top of restricting any and all welfare to bona-fide citizens.

How you like them apples Louis?  We're done watching your advocated invasion.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

I'm half German... there is 80 million. Surely I am related to each and every one of them. Can I bring them in?

Pretty sure I do not want most of those wankers either. The best of 'Em came here 'Bout a hundred years ago. But if we are taking family......  :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline skeeter

... and then cousins, second cousins and distant relations by marriage that no one has records of - but because they are Mexicans the door should be open wide....

Hey GUTIERREZ - your fellow countrymen should get in line while we adopt the SAME EXACT STANDARDS FOR RESIDENT VISAS AND IMMIGRATION THAT MEXICO HAS.

On top of restricting any and all welfare to bona-fide citizens.

How you like them apples Louis?  We're done watching your advocated invasion.

Free for all immigration for latinos while the rest of the world  waits in line. Why isn't anyone calling Gutierrez a racist?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When libs don't say the word 'racist' they will say 'it is for the children'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

So he wants chain migration...oh wait...my bad, that was the name for all the slaves that were brought here!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

I'm half German... there is 80 million. Surely I am related to each and every one of them. Can I bring them in?

Pretty sure I do not want most of those wankers either. The best of 'Em came here 'Bout a hundred years ago. But if we are taking family......  :pondering:

With me it's the Swedes. I don't even know Any of my distant cousins names in Sweden.

So I should get up on My heels and howl back at Guiterrez that My relatives, ALL OF THEM, have a right to get in line AHEAD OF HIS RELATIVES????

Excuse me. That's wrong. It's not GET IN LINE.

It's JUMP THE LINE.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:40:26 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com