Author Topic: Feinstein: 'People die' in a government shutdown  (Read 1755 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feinstein: 'People die' in a government shutdown
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:39:31 pm »
Feinstein: 'People die' in a government shutdown
By Brett Samuels - 01/18/18 05:54 PM EST

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Thursday ratcheted up her rhetoric against a looming government shutdown, despite her stated opposition earlier in the day to a proposed short-term funding measure.

“Shutting down the government is a very serious thing. People die, accidents happen. You don’t know. Necessary functions can cease,” Feinstein told CNN, calling a shutdown “a last resort.”

Congress must pass a spending bill before Friday night to avert a government shutdown, but Democrats and Republicans have been unable to reach an agreement on a short-term or long-term solution.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/369645-feinstein-people-die-in-a-government-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Feinstein: 'People die' in a government shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:40:36 pm »
Here's hoping she is one of them.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:49:26 pm »

So now Feinstein is admitting to be willing to kill Americans, in order to aid illegal aliens. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:51:42 pm »

So now Feinstein is admitting to be willing to kill Americans, in order to aid illegal aliens.

This, and the fact that the only thing that actually happens in a "government shutdown" is that the Democrats attempt to punish Joe Everyman and hire agents to prohibit them from taking pictures of the Grand Canyon.

Close the Mo-Fo government and keep it closed.

We will have more liberty and maybe Americans might rediscover that God is the Provider - not D.C.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:54:59 pm »

You'd think she'd dial back a bit on the lying, as close as she is to her reward.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:56:19 pm »
You'd think she'd dial back a bit on the lying, as close as she is to her reward.

Maybe she likes it hot!  :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 12:01:55 am »

Oh she has a reward coming....

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 12:10:16 am »
Oh she has a reward coming....

No doubt, I wonder what she sold her soul for.

Ted "Left her on the Bottom" Kennedy probably got endless booze and drowning his sorrows in a creek every evening.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:29 am »
“Shutting down the government is a very serious thing. People die, accidents happen. You don’t know. Necessary functions can cease,” Feinstein told CNN, calling a shutdown “a last resort.”

But I thought it was tax reform that killed people.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 12:13:33 am »
Shut it down!   Drain the damned swamp!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 12:17:22 am »
Interesting that she didn't state specifically which portion of the government shutting down would cause people to die ...Social security checks are still going to go out, though those who want to sign up will have to wait. Medicare continues on.  Law enforcement continues on.  Mail will still be delivered (in case she's worried about people being able to get mail order prescriptions.  So ... let's see ... some federal parks will shut down and people needing visas to enter the U.S. will be s.o.l ... maybe she's afraid someone will have a melt down because they can't visit Yosemite.  :shrug:  Gov't workers will be furloughed though and won't get paid, until the gov't re-opens ... yep ... sure sounds like people will die alright.  They may want to think about handing out free meals to gov't employees and their families.  I'm sure Feinstein would pitch in and pay for a few pizza parties.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 12:20:05 am »
Interesting that she didn't state specifically which portion of the government shutting down would cause people to die ...Social security checks are still going to go out, though those who want to sign up will have to wait. Medicare continues on.  Law enforcement continues on.  Mail will still be delivered (in case she's worried about people being able to get mail order prescriptions.  So ... let's see ... some federal parks will shut down and people needing visas to enter the U.S. will be s.o.l ... maybe she's afraid someone will have a melt down because they can't visit Yosemite.  :shrug:  Gov't workers will be furloughed though and won't get paid, until the gov't re-opens ... yep ... sure sounds like people will die alright.  They may want to think about handing out free meals to gov't employees and their families. I'm sure Feinstein would pitch in and pay for a few pizza parties.

How lewd, she probably has paid for some.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:47 am »
The little gang of Senators tried to slip one over Trump, favoring extra millions of non-Americans, granting legal status.

Not 800,000 but rather 3.6 million OR MORE. It appears the dem party wants to die on this hill.

Good luck.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fantom

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 12:28:40 am »
The little gang of Senators tried to slip one over Trump, favoring extra millions of non-Americans, granting legal status.

Not 800,000 but rather 3.6 million OR MORE. It appears the dem party wants to die on this hill.

Good luck.

Hopefully they actually do die on it..as a relevant party.  :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 12:35:40 am »
People die when you leak intel or divulge important information in the Night Stalker investigation.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/12/not_the_first_time_dianne_feinstein_has_endangered_lives.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 12:40:16 am »
Well, it's 7:40 pm ET .. the government's closed.

Any calls to the Medical Examiner?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 12:41:07 am »
Shut it down!   Drain the damned swamp!

Shut it down and change the locks!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 12:41:48 am »

I hope She dies from complications of a life not well-lived.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 12:46:23 am »
I hope She dies from complications of a life not well-lived.

Oh, shes lived it very well...at our expense. Evil does not die...look at McCain for an example.

Only the good die young.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:20 am »

Patty Hearst wannabe.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 02:56:39 am »

Rich Lowry
‏Verified account @RichLowry
4h4 hours ago

Feinstein, on her own terms, is ready to risk killing people to get DACA

Feinstein warns people will die if the government shuts down
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 02:57:18 am »

So many terrific comments on this thread.

! No longer available
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:20 am »
Does that mean the welfare/EBT budget can be reduced?

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 04:00:29 am »
:facepalm2:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 12:29:31 pm »
If memory serves, didn't BHO try this same type of hyperbole during a sequestration debate?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy