Author Topic: Marine arrested, faces life in prison after shooting at armed home invader  (Read 1275 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A Marine who was reportedly shot after an armed home invader broke his way into the house now faces felony charges after shooting back at the armed home invader, according to Fox2 Detroit.

Marine Joey Nelson was inside the Detroit-area home with his fiancee, his 3-week-old son and a few friends when a man reportedly started banging on the front door trying to force his way inside.

Nelson grabbed his gun and cracked open the door and yelled at the man – identified as 39-year-old Michael Wilson – to leave.

“I don’t know (who he is); my son doesn’t know him; the owner of the home doesn’t know him,” Joey’s father, Steve Nelson, told Fox2.

“He opened up the door because he was standing here in the yard,” Steve Nelson added. “(Joey) told him to get off his property and at that time (Wilson) produced a gun and started shooting at my son.”

According to the family, Joey Nelson was shot in the hip before calling 911. He fired back at Wilson, who fled as police were on their way.

Investigators said the altercation started because of a mutual female friend.

Joey Nelson is now charged with assault with intent to commit murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder, assault with a dangerous weapon and a felony firearm possession. Joey Nelson now faces up to life in prison if convicted. His bond is set at $150,000.

Wilson was charged with one count of carrying a concealed weapon and is being held on $5,000 bail.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/01/marine-arrested-faces-life-in-prison-after-shooting-at-armed-home-invader/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Sounds like the prosecutor doesn't like marines.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sounds like the prosecutor doesn't like marines.

Or people defending themselves from some Detroit low life.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

This line "According to the family, Joey Nelson was shot in the hip before calling 911. He fired back at Wilson, who fled as police were on their way."

makes me think the marine shot back later in the struggle at a point when he shouldnt have.

In most places its best not to go outside.  If you do and the person pulls a gun, shoot them.   Don't shoot them in the back though.   Don't wait around or argue.   Shoot

still its best not to go outside

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
There is more to this story than this article is claiming. Wilson never entered the home so there was no home invasion which calls the rest of the story into question.

Michigan is pretty solid on self defense and even in Detroit, self defense is not prosecuted. Clearly the prosecutor feels that there is something wrong with the self defense claim.

Offline Cripplecreek

As I suspected. There is a lot more going on here.

4 arrested in shooting sparked by 'mutual female acquaintance' in Westland

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4-arrested-in-shooting-sparked-by-mutual-female-acquaintance-in-westland

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Two words: jury nullification. Everyone knows Detroit is a toilet and filled with criminal scumbags.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm not sure how it applies in Michigan, but the way they explain it here...you have the right to defend yourself right up to the point the perp turns and flees.  As long as he/she is facing you and threatening you in a manner that you feel your life is in danger you're good.  However the moment they turn to run away the threat is gone and you can't fire.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:44:53 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

I'm not sure how it applies in Michigan, but the way they explain it here...you have the right to defend yourself right up to the point the perp turns and flees.  As long as he/she is facing you and threatening you in a manner that you feel your life is in danger you're good.  However the moment they turn to run away the threat is gone and you can't fire.

@txradioguy
Good rule for the most part.   If they are running from you but towards others, like your children.  or if they are turning to fire at you but this could be hard to prove.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Marine arrested, faces life in prison after shooting at armed home invader
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 09:08:00 pm »
It sounds almost like a drug deal gone wrong.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:08 pm »
The security guard from the main hospital comes across the street every night to fill us in on the nightly ER drama.

Last week a car dumped a fatally wounded teen in the parking lot (on camera). 5 minutes later the same car returns and the victim's mother gets out wailing at the top of her lungs "Oh lawdy lawdy somebody done shot my baby down". The police decided to let her in just to see how things would play out. She no sooner gets to the triage area when she pulls a hammer out of her purse and starts swinging around because she was going to finish the job.

I love my boring life.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 10:32:23 pm »
This line "According to the family, Joey Nelson was shot in the hip before calling 911. He fired back at Wilson, who fled as police were on their way."

makes me think the marine shot back later in the struggle at a point when he shouldnt have.

In most places its best not to go outside.  If you do and the person pulls a gun, shoot them.   Don't shoot them in the back though.   Don't wait around or argue.   Shoot

still its best not to go outside

It does sound like we're missing details. Lots of details.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn