Author Topic: Dixie Chicks are Apparently Still a Band, & Apparently Still Clueless  (Read 1215 times)

Offline corbe

Dixie Chicks are Apparently Still a Band, & Apparently Still Clueless

by peterheck
7 hrs

Using old age and mental illness as character attacks? Always a smart, safe, classy thing to do.

Finally. Americans no longer have to struggle in the darkness trying to figure out what the lead singer of the Dixie Chicks thinks about our current president.

Apparently the group is still together (who knew?!) and still anxious to weigh in on partisan politics.

<..snip..>

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/dixie-chicks-are-apparently-still-a-band-apparently-still-clueless-wZAXLRpID0uTiAm-UgFLuw
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Dixie Chicks are Apparently Still a Band, & Apparently Still Clueless
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 07:49:37 pm »
Never figured out how these feminist women ever thought that shooting off their mouth and spewing stupidity was somehow more appealing or better than some guy doing the same.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:41:49 pm »
Obviously they learned nothing the 1st time.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:44:31 pm »
Obviously they learned nothing the 1st time.

Way, way, WAY past 'shut up and sing' the last time.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 10:46:54 pm »
Way, way, WAY past 'shut up and sing' the last time.

Did they ever recover from the blowback?   They dropped of the radio like a bomb.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 10:49:49 pm »
Did they ever recover from the blowback?   They dropped of the radio like a bomb.

Haven't paid em any mind at all. Last I knew they were touring Europe and Canada, because they couldn't get a gig here.

I listen to a whole lot of Country radio, and I can't recall the last time one of their songs played... On either of the main Country stations hereabouts.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:49 pm »
Yeah, I was in my country phase back then.  Recently, or sometime close to when the Tractor Rap cowboy hat wearing hipsters fake country music bands like Florida GA Line and Jason Aldean became popular... I cut the cord.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:56 pm »

I don't think they ever did.  Guess they're making enough money selling their albums to whoever it is that's buying them still.  I remember one of the DJs talking about them after the whole GWB thing and how they figured out that people were changing the station when Dixie Chicks came on. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 11:29:37 pm »
I don't think they ever did.  Guess they're making enough money selling their albums to whoever it is that's buying them still.  I remember one of the DJs talking about them after the whole GWB thing and how they figured out that people were changing the station when Dixie Chicks came on.

Who says their making money? Lief Garrett is still around, but he is broke. At some point all these jerks end up on skid row.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »

You can't ever get over liberal stupid. 

They'll die clueless.   *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:01 pm »
Who says their making money? Lief Garrett is still around, but he is broke. At some point all these jerks end up on skid row.

They may not be, which also means they're not smart enough to actually just shut up and sing.  But that wouldn't be surprising.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »
Yeah, I was in my country phase back then.  Recently, or sometime close to when the Tractor Rap cowboy hat wearing hipsters fake country music bands like Florida GA Line and Jason Aldean became popular... I cut the cord.

You'd like HANK FM up here... 'Oldies'... if you want to call Outlaw Country 'Oldies'...  *****rollingeyes*****

They don't play much contemporary country. I split my time between the HANK and the BEAR, which is top 20 contemporary stuff...

I'm alright with it, but more of a Toby Keith / Trace Adkins / Brad Paisley kinda guy... Kinda like the pookah shell cowboy sound alright (Kenny Chesney, etc)... But I probably lean toward Zac Brown Band and Little Big Town as far as modern artists go... probably as 'contemporary' as I get.

Moe Bandy, anyone?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 11:42:05 pm »
In the last seven years the wife and I have gone to rock concerts of a number of aged great oldies including Paul Simon, Elton John, Neil Diamond, Paul McCartney, Rod Stewart, Fleetwood Mac, and others.
Not one of those liberal musicians mentioned anything political during their concerts.  The only time one did talk about current events was when Paul Simon, as a resident of NYC,  expressed pleasure at Osama Bin Laden getting killed.
Why bring up politics when you're supposedly trying to entertain people? Didn't the Dixie Chicks dopes know that many conservative people liked their  music? But now they don't because they, the DCs, couldn't keep their yaps shut.  Stupid.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:45 am »
You'd like HANK FM up here... 'Oldies'... if you want to call Outlaw Country 'Oldies'...  *****rollingeyes*****

They don't play much contemporary country. I split my time between the HANK and the BEAR, which is top 20 contemporary stuff...

I'm alright with it, but more of a Toby Keith / Trace Adkins / Brad Paisley kinda guy... Kinda like the pookah shell cowboy sound alright (Kenny Chesney, etc)... But I probably lean toward Zac Brown Band and Little Big Town as far as modern artists go... probably as 'contemporary' as I get.

Moe Bandy, anyone?

We have WILD WILLIE down here.  It is a "bot" station with pre recorded BS and a repeat playlist.. But it plays older country and thats ok with me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 12:32:55 am »
I think they were a done-deal,and might be trying to make a come back now that everybody in the entertainment industry hates the president.

Natalie Maines couldn't get  her face on a wanted poster. The other two would show up occasionally playing and singing with someone else. Saw one of them playing with Glen Frye on Austin City Limits not long ago
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 01:02:46 am »
I believe they should be outlawed as isn't it a racist image of Confederacy they are projecting with the Dixie?  And, they are screamingly bigoted for degrading women with 'Chicks'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 02:10:27 am »
I believe they should be outlawed as isn't it a racist image of Confederacy they are projecting with the Dixie?  And, they are screamingly bigoted for degrading women with 'Chicks'.
😆
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.