Author Topic: De Blasio plans to open homeless shelter on ‘Billionaire’s Row’  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

De Blasio plans to open homeless shelter on ‘Billionaire’s Row’
NY Post, Jan 17, 2018

Mayor Bill de Blasio blindsided Manhattan’s “Billionaire’s Row” with a quietly announced plan to open a men’s homeless shelter in the former Park Savoy Hotel.

The building at 158 W. 58th St. — which stands back-to-back against the city’s most expensive apartment building, One57 — is being converted into housing for 150 residents and is scheduled to open in March, the city’s Department of Homeless Services said Wednesday.

Hizzoner’s plan — part of a program to create 90 new shelters across all five boroughs — was revealed last week in letters to local elected officials.

“Are you kidding me?” said a resident of the landmark JW Marriott Essex House hotel and condo building on Park South.  “I am in shock. You just shocked the s–t out of me.”

More: https://nypost.com/2018/01/17/de-blasio-plans-to-open-homeless-shelter-on-billionaires-row/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
a simple lawsuit with the zoning commission should fix this, or heck one of them will buy the building and kick them out.

I suggest De Blasio open up his own home.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

Dinkins redux. The egalitarians destroyed sections of NYC with welfare hotels.

As part of my job I would walk through Herald Square (shopping district - Macy's, etc.) and watched it turn into a slum. It was becoming dangerous to be there midday. The same was happening in the Theater and Financial districts.

Then Giuliani.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Mayor Bill de Blasio blindsided Manhattan’s “Billionaire’s Row” with a quietly announced plan to open a men’s homeless shelter in the former Park Savoy Hotel.

“Are you kidding me?” said a resident of the landmark JW Marriott Essex House hotel and condo building on Park South.  “I am in shock. You just shocked the s–t out of me.”

Like the days of Stomping at the Savoy
Now we "freak," oh, what a joy
Just come on down to the 54
Find your spot out on the floor

Ah, freak out!
Le freak, c'est chic
Freak out!

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's a move right out of Lenin's playbook.

I'm sure the people who funded his last campaign who live in that area will love what he's doing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

a simple lawsuit with the zoning commission should fix this, or heck one of them will buy the building and kick them out.

I suggest De Blasio open up his own home.

In NYC?  You jest, right?

Online dfwgator

Well they voted for it, enjoy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
EXCELLENT news! No group of people have  a higher percentage of leftist loons than the NYC millionaire and billionaire clubs. Most are multi-generational trust fund children with a lot of kneejerk programming,and not one single actual thought.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

I'm sure the people who funded his last campaign who live in that area will love what he's doing.

We’ve seen this movie before......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mq__Z-Z_Ofs

Offline Victoria33

@txradioguy

Story about homeless:
A couple of weeks ago, we had a cold front come in, temp was below freezing.  Bob went to a water place where he gets the big jugs of drinking water for a container at home.  It was late afternoon. There was a woman dressed in shorts in the doorway of that business.  He has seen her there before.  She spoke to him and wanted to come home with him, saying she had no place to stay that night in the cold.  He tried to give her a $100 bill, and she wouldn't take it - said that isn't what she needs right now.

He was disturbed that she was going to be in the cold that night but wouldn't take the money.  Now, that makes no sense.  That money could pay for a night in a motel where she would be warm.  There is no way he would bring home a stranger.
What would you do if that woman asked to go home with you?

Offline Frank Cannon

@txradioguy

Story about homeless:
A couple of weeks ago, we had a cold front come in, temp was below freezing.  Bob went to a water place where he gets the big jugs of drinking water for a container at home.  It was late afternoon. There was a woman dressed in shorts in the doorway of that business.  He has seen her there before.  She spoke to him and wanted to come home with him, saying she had no place to stay that night in the cold.  He tried to give her a $100 bill, and she wouldn't take it - said that isn't what she needs right now.

He was disturbed that she was going to be in the cold that night but wouldn't take the money.  Now, that makes no sense.  That money could pay for a night in a motel where she would be warm.  There is no way he would bring home a stranger.
What would you do if that woman asked to go home with you?

Sounds like solicitation to me.

Offline edpc

Silly man.  How do you get that out of ‘big jugs,’ ‘shorts,’ ‘$100,’ and let’s go back to your place?    :silly:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:06:14 pm by edpc »

Offline mountaineer

EXCELLENT news! No group of people have  a higher percentage of leftist loons than the NYC millionaire and billionaire clubs. Most are multi-generational trust fund children with a lot of kneejerk programming,and not one single actual thought.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people.
Maybe next time they won't elect a Marxist who uses an alias.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

Maybe next time they won't elect a Marxist who uses an alias.

Problem is, you get a Giuliani or Bloomberg type Republican. 

Offline Victoria33

@Frank Cannon

We thought about that.  If she had that in mind, she would have taken the money and offered sex.  She didn't, and wouldn't take the money. A prostitute would have taken the free money.  I'm thinking something is wrong with her mind.  No one would turn down free money when she was freezing unless she couldn't think right.  Also, that is an upscale area, as this whole area is, not a place where prostitutes would hang out.  We have wondered what happened to her that night.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The number of Leftists living there is why it won't happen. It's just a PR stunt. They donate too much to liberal politicians to let it happen.

We open our churches to the homeless. It places the men in peril of being arrested because some of them are registered sex offenders and not allowed to be there. But we feel good about ourselves. I have found that much of the "help" we do for the poor is done to cover up crimes. We are covering up crimes tonight at Small Group.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

We thought about that.  If she had that in mind, she would have taken the money and offered sex.  She didn't, and wouldn't take the money. A prostitute would have taken the free money.  I'm thinking something is wrong with her mind.  No one would turn down free money when she was freezing unless she couldn't think right.  Also, that is an upscale area, as this whole area is, not a place where prostitutes would hang out.  We have wondered what happened to her that night.

She thought you were cops.

Offline mountaineer

As mayors go, NYC could have done a lot worse than Giuliani. Bloomberg, on the other hand ...   *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online dfwgator

What was wrong with Giuliani?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@edpc

No,the problem is they have to wear party labels so you can tell them apart.

Offline edpc

What was wrong with Giuliani?

For NYC?  Nothing.  However, there was obviously plenty wrong with him as a national candidate, based on his performance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Frank Cannon

@Victoria33

She was wearing shorts and it was freezing. That's really all you need to know to identify a nut case.

Online dfwgator

For NYC?  Nothing.  However, there was obviously plenty wrong with him as a national candidate, based on his performance.

Agreed.  In NYC, he's as good as you ever are going to get.  NYC isn't like the rest of the country.

Offline Frank Cannon

We're talking about NYC mayors here. Not national politics. Rudy was the awesomist mayor that town ever saw. I couldn't believe the speed in which he turned that city from a dangerous hellhole to a safe clean place to be.

Offline Victoria33

Silly man.  How do you get that out of ‘big jugs,’ ‘shorts,’ ‘$100,’ and let’s go back to your place?    :silly:
@edpc

Well, water was in the big jugs; the jugs not on her.  :silly:   And, she didn’t take the free money and a prostitute would have.  She knew she was stuck there and still didn’t take the money.  As I told Frank, it is an upscale area, not a place prostitutes would hang out.