Author Topic: Pipeline protester accused in shooting reaches plea deal  (Read 2127 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Pipeline protester accused in shooting reaches plea deal
« on: January 18, 2018, 02:51:09 pm »
Pipeline protester accused in shooting reaches plea deal

http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/pennenergy/2018/01/oil-and-gas-pipeline-protester-accused-in-shooting-reaches-plea-deal.html?cmpid=enl_pennenergy_pennenergy_research_2018-01-18&pwhid=8798eb2d7628fb503c981fd3ceee2c4bfd87555750f075ae4dc1facc7198c308b06ac4953789cefeb12ebde44825d62598735b7097012ad1964943a78b85386a&eid=290980193&bid=1977131

January 17, 2018
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Attorneys for a Denver woman accused of shooting at law enforcement officers during protests in North Dakota against the Dakota Access oil pipeline say they've reached a deal
>snip<
She is accused of firing a handgun three times at officers during her October 2016 arrest.

She has at least one previous Felony conviction.

Criminals masquerading as "Water Protectors".
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:52:02 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Pipeline protester accused in shooting reaches plea deal
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 03:56:26 pm »
What was her excuse and what did she plea to?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:51 pm »
What was her excuse and what did she plea to?
Pled guilty to civil disorder and felon with a firearm. Lighter charge than assault with a deadly on LEOs in performance of their duty, however that would have been charged out.

Bitch has no excuse, imho. I'd have charged her 'creatively', but I would have done that with every  "protester" (ecoterrorist) taken into custody.

Those assholes made life hell for the local ranchers and residents, threatened workers, LEOs and other folks, killed/stole/mutilated livestock, and destroyed a crapload of equipment, the whole while slandering the LEOs and the oil industry, costing the State and County millions plus millions in lost revenues for everyone from the State to the royalty owners on every well that could have gained revenue in saved shipping costs, and ultimately, (because the taxes on oil partly defray property taxes statewide) cost every property owner in the State, just so they could do their virtue signalling and grandstand for the LLNM (Lying Liberal News Media*) and whine for donations (which they got, hand over fist) and leave 720 semi loads of trash and debris, a dead body, and even orphaned puppies in their wake. 

*sorry, I'm trying for the redundancy of the day...Lying+Liberal+News Media is a three-peat.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:50:37 pm »

Those assholes made life hell for the local ranchers and residents, threatened workers, LEOs and other folks, killed/stole/mutilated livestock, and destroyed a crapload of equipment, the whole while slandering the LEOs and the oil industry, costing the State and County millions plus millions in lost revenues for everyone from the State to the royalty owners on every well that could have gained revenue in saved shipping costs, and ultimately, (because the taxes on oil partly defray property taxes statewide) cost every property owner in the State, just so they could do their virtue signalling and grandstand for the LLNM (Lying Liberal News Media*) and whine for donations (which they got, hand over fist) and leave 720 semi loads of trash and debris, a dead body, and even orphaned puppies in their wake. 

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,all that is what anarchists do. It's who they are.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:51:51 pm »
Red Fawn Fallis?  Seriously?

GTFO
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:37 pm »
Red Fawn Fallis?  Seriously?

GTFO
Not uncommon to see names like "Crow Flies High" as a last name among the Three Affiliated Tribes, (That's just the last name, so names like 'Red Fawn' are not so unusual.) A Denver address may indicate someone who went to the big city, or a member of the Warren tribe.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:21:13 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:34 pm »
Not uncommon to see names like "Crow Flies High" as a last name among the Three Affiliated Tribes, (That's just the last name, so names like 'Red Fawn' are not so unusual.) A Denver address may indicate someone who went to the big city, or a member of the Warren tribe.

Oh........ that reminds me that we went to Crow Flies High Butte in western North Dakota.

Absolutely STUNNING vista!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 11:30:56 pm »
Oh........ that reminds me that we went to Crow Flies High Butte in western North Dakota.

Absolutely STUNNING vista!
Yep. The Butte is on the same Reservation the surname hails from, down by New Town.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 11:33:37 pm »
Yep. The Butte is on the same Reservation the surname hails from, down by New Town.

We were just blown away by the beauty of it all.   And were SO proud to see America at work with those wells pumping.

Not many folks out there, even with the boom.  :laugh:

And they were 'working' on the highway.  Yikes!  One lane worse than a gravel path.  Dinged up our van something fierce!

Is it done yet??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 11:49:59 pm »
We were just blown away by the beauty of it all.   And were SO proud to see America at work with those wells pumping.

Not many folks out there, even with the boom.  :laugh:

And they were 'working' on the highway.  Yikes!  One lane worse than a gravel path.  Dinged up our van something fierce!

Is it done yet??
LOL! It's never done! We have two seasons (Winter and road obstruction).

Route 23 is better, or so I am told, the 4-lane from Watford City to Williston (Hwy 85) is complete, and now that it is, not nearly as crowded as it was during the boom. I drove both during the height of construction and drilling and it took 2 hours to go 45 miles--I have made much better time on the gravel back roads--and yes, some of the construction mess was miserable to drive on.

What rates as 'not many folks' is relative. Williston (Largest town in NW ND) went from 14K to 45K people and is back down to the low 30s now. Pretty traumatic expansion and contraction for communities that are small by coastal standards.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:52:15 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:12 am »
LOL! It's never done! We have two seasons (Winter and road obstruction).

Route 23 is better, or so I am told, the 4-lane from Watford City to Williston (Hwy 85) is complete, and now that it is, not nearly as crowded as it was during the boom. I drove both during the height of construction and drilling and it took 2 hours to go 45 miles--I have made much better time on the gravel back roads--and yes, some of the construction mess was miserable to drive on.

What rates as 'not many folks' is relative. Williston (Largest town in NW ND) went from 14K to 45K people and is back down to the low 30s now. Pretty traumatic expansion and contraction for communities that are small by coastal standards.

Remember that I come from Ohio, which was at one time the fourth most densely populated state, and I grew up in the Northeastern part of the state, so I'm used to lots and lots of people!  So NoDak at its densest looks pretty sparse to me.

We could see that it was booming when we drove through (from Newtown to Williston).  We stayed in Williston and went to Ft. Union and Ft. Buford on our Lewis and Clark trip.

But seriously, in the 8,000 miles on that trip, and in the hundreds of thousands of miles we've driven all over the country (and even the world), that was the worst highway we've ever been on.

btw, my sister in law was born near Munich in the eastern part of the state.  Now THAT is empty!   ^-^

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 01:06:47 am »
Remember that I come from Ohio, which was at one time the fourth most densely populated state, and I grew up in the Northeastern part of the state, so I'm used to lots and lots of people!  So NoDak at its densest looks pretty sparse to me.

We could see that it was booming when we drove through (from Newtown to Williston).  We stayed in Williston and went to Ft. Union and Ft. Buford on our Lewis and Clark trip.

But seriously, in the 8,000 miles on that trip, and in the hundreds of thousands of miles we've driven all over the country (and even the world), that was the worst highway we've ever been on.

btw, my sister in law was born near Munich in the eastern part of the state.  Now THAT is empty!   ^-^
Coming from Ohio it must have seemed pretty empty.

The highway from Watford to Williston is now four lanes with a central breakdown/left turn lane and wide shoulders. It's like a major airport runway for most of the trip up to the Missouri River, and there is even a new bridge there. Markedly different, and 70-80 MPH highway (although I think the limit is officially 65). You just caught it at a bad time.  :shrug:

For a while you could walk from Watford to Williston on the backs of the Semi trucks backed up there. I'm glad you got to take in Fort Union and Ft. Buford. Fort Union, especially was pretty much unique in being a non-military fort (American Fur Co.), and I have participated in trapper's rendezvous there and even a wedding long ago when the flagpole was the first item reconstructed with local donations and by local craftsmen.

Keep in mind that North Dakota has only three towns with more than 100K in population, and many county seats have fewer than 5K. That's a mite different than you are used to. I think Alaska and Wyoming are a little thinner, population-wise overall, but at least this way (n a normal year) the lines at the DMV are shorter.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 01:14:31 am »
Coming from Ohio it must have seemed pretty empty.

The highway from Watford to Williston is now four lanes with a central breakdown/left turn lane and wide shoulders. It's like a major airport runway for most of the trip up to the Missouri River, and there is even a new bridge there. Markedly different, and 70-80 MPH highway (although I think the limit is officially 65). You just caught it at a bad time.  :shrug:

For a while you could walk from Watford to Williston on the backs of the Semi trucks backed up there. I'm glad you got to take in Fort Union and Ft. Buford. Fort Union, especially was pretty much unique in being a non-military fort (American Fur Co.), and I have participated in trapper's rendezvous there and even a wedding long ago when the flagpole was the first item reconstructed with local donations and by local craftsmen.

Keep in mind that North Dakota has only three towns with more than 100K in population, and many county seats have fewer than 5K. That's a mite different than you are used to. I think Alaska and Wyoming are a little thinner, population-wise overall, but at least this way (n a normal year) the lines at the DMV are shorter.

Well, my husband and I are both glad they got that part finished!  We were tired from travel and didn't want to go 15 miles an hour all the way to Williston!  ^-^

We loved Ft. Union.  What a fascinating place!  Of course, we had followed the Missouri all the way from St. Louis on the "trail," and took some great shots of the river around there.

I really love western North Dakota.  Maybe it's because there are so many people in the east that I find the west so fascinating and freeing.  Our first trip to Teddy Roosevelt National Park was just amazing!  (earlier trip).

I tell you, I love the beauty of the deciduous trees and mountains in the north east US, but the west (especially the less populated places) has a grip on me.

You're one lucky feller to live there!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 01:27:54 am »
Well, my husband and I are both glad they got that part finished!  We were tired from travel and didn't want to go 15 miles an hour all the way to Williston!  ^-^

We loved Ft. Union.  What a fascinating place!  Of course, we had followed the Missouri all the way from St. Louis on the "trail," and took some great shots of the river around there.

I really love western North Dakota.  Maybe it's because there are so many people in the east that I find the west so fascinating and freeing.  Our first trip to Teddy Roosevelt National Park was just amazing!  (earlier trip).

I tell you, I love the beauty of the deciduous trees and mountains in the north east US, but the west (especially the less populated places) has a grip on me.

You're one lucky feller to live there!
I grew up in the tidewater of Southern Maryland, did my undergrad geology work in the Shenandoah Valley, and consider myself to have been lucky to have lived the places I have when I lived there. Those rivers of my youth are not the same, nor are the laws which surround them, and the small towns of the Shenandoah Valley have grown huge since I was there. Even here, the expansion is felt like a cloud shadow, I guess I was that far ahead of the wave. Still, a general lack of people makes for more sane laws, and despite the growth, life here is good.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 01:00:48 pm »
Saw this article  https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/red-fawn-fallis-oil-pipeline-shooting-north-dakota-dakota-access/2018/01/22/id/838709/

That contained the following:

Fallis will remain jailed until Hovland decides whether she can go to a halfway house in Fargo pending sentencing. She was moved there in October, but last week she was arrested for violating conditions of her pretrial release when she signed out of the facility to attend adult learning classes but never showed up.

"With the change-of-plea hearing coming up, I just needed some time to really think about things," she told Hovland Monday as she tearfully asked to go back to the halfway house. "It's hard to be up here (in North Dakota) with no family to talk to."

This woman was convicted of a crime of being an accomplice in a serious incident where a gun was discharged that wounded a person.  She is a felon who possessed a firearm, discharging it during law enforcement action.  She should receive the maximum sentence, life in prison.

So not only did she violate the terms of her prior sentence, she violated the terms of staying at a half-way house.

Why does any judge believe her now she is redeemable?

And the poor thing says it is so difficult being in North Dakota with no family to talk to.

Why then did she go on a spree of violence up there in the first place?

This is an evil woman who deserves no latitude.

Need to wipe that smugness off her face

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:01:46 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington