Author Topic: [ADL] Report: Extremism Deaths Down in US, but White Supremacist Incidents Growing  (Read 584 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Report: Extremism Deaths Down in US, but White Supremacist Incidents Growing
VOA News

A report released Wednesday said the number of slayings committed by white supremacists in the United States more than doubled in 2017 compared with the previous year.

The U.S.-based Anti-Defamation League noted in its report that while the U.S. death toll from extremism was down in 2017, it was still the fifth most violent year since 1970.

The report said several of the killings were linked to the alt-right movement, "as that movement expanded its operations in 2017 from the internet into the physical world — raising the likely possibility of more such violent acts in the future."

More at: https://www.voanews.com/a/extremism-deaths-down-united-states-white-supremacist-incidents-growing/4212421.html

Offline goatprairie

I would like to see how they designate someone as a white extremist. I never believe these types of reports from suspect sources.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Today's fake news.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I would like to see how they designate someone as a white extremist. I never believe these types of reports from suspect sources.
Yep, after the media brayed that Trayvon Martin was killed by a 'white' person, all illegals from Mexico and the rest of Central and South America can be branded as 'white'.

That's a whole lotto folks and a bunch of killin'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

Yep, after the media brayed that Trayvon Martin was killed by a 'white' person, all illegals from Mexico and the rest of Central and South America can be branded as 'white'.

That's a whole lotto folks and a bunch of killin'
I'm still very amused by the designation of Zimmerman as a white Hispanic when he not only had a lot of Hispanic ancestry, he was also part black.
If Trayvon Martin had been Christopher Martin,  a white teen, and had managed to kill Zimmerman, the same sources calling Zimmerman a white Hispanic would have screamed about an evil white teen murdering a black Hispanic.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The article cites the Vegas shooter as contributing to this. Yet there is no evidence he was a white supremacist. 9999hair out0000
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm still very amused by the designation of Zimmerman as a white Hispanic when he not only had a lot of Hispanic ancestry, he was also part black.

I was always amused by the fact George Zimmerman was a white hispanic, but Bill Richardson was just hispanic.  I also find it funny when someone like Eva Longoria speaks clear English, but turns into Charro when she says llllaaatinnnaaaaa.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

The article cites the Vegas shooter as contributing to this. Yet there is no evidence he was a white supremacist. 9999hair out0000
Don't know about Paddock, but if you're white and you love your country, think people should work for a living, believe no ethnic groups should get special favors, and  believe in the U.S. constitution, you are probably an Evil White Supremacist!!!!!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Don't know about Paddock, but if you're white and you love your country, think people should work for a living, believe no ethnic groups should get special favors, and  believe in the U.S. constitution, you are probably an Evil White Supremacist!!!!!

:patriot:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."