Author Topic: Trump Administration Bars Haitians From U.S. Visas For Low-Skilled Work  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Trump Administration Bars Haitians From U.S. Visas For Low-Skilled Work
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 05:42:49 pm »
The only McD's I went to put Kiosks in.

From that point on they not only wasted the $ on the those ugly monoliths, but they Also needed 1 person, when there's any business at all, to Help frustrated PO'd customers Use the Kiosks.

In time, folks will get used to the kiosks and good jobs for new workers will be permanently lost.   And these aren't illegals - businesses like McDonalds don't pay folks under the table.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 05:44:40 pm »
At the wages they're offering, sure.

We have Tax Reform - could have been more but to demonstrate the point - bringing Investment Capital and Jobs back from overseas.

Stuff like this doesn't open the Gates of Heaven overnight. Give it time.

Entitlement Reform/Work for Medicaid, they're out there on the table. Give them time.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 05:45:19 pm »
   My local Grocery Chain (HEB) tried those self checkouts for 6 months (about 2 years ago) and ditched the idea because of the abundant theft of product. No doubt they'll be back soon this time requiring retina scans and rectal pattern analysis to avoid a repeat of before.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »
Agreed.  And increasingly,  the long-term solution will be automation.   My local McDonalds just installed computerized ordering.  I went up to the cash register to order my meal,  and was directed to the kiosk.   In my local supermarket last evening,  only two of the ten manned stations were open;  most of the customers were using self-service checkout.   

That is because the cost of employing a worker has become prohibitively expensive, thanks to endless federal government intrusion in the labor market.  (See:  Unaffordable Healthcare Act)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 06:56:31 pm »
Good. We have more than enough unskilled workers right here who are Citizens, and would love to take any job they can get, without further screwing them by importing outsiders.

Jobs Americans won't do? Horses**t.

Who the hell wants a career at McDonalds?

Answer: Someone who wants to stand on their own 2 feet and for the moment it's the best they can get.

Exactly.  I have nothing but respect for anyone who is willing to work.  At any job.  Rather than depend on welfare.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 06:58:07 pm »
   My local Grocery Chain (HEB) tried those self checkouts for 6 months (about 2 years ago) and ditched the idea because of the abundant theft of product. No doubt they'll be back soon this time requiring retina scans and rectal pattern analysis to avoid a repeat of before.

Interesting.  Aren't people fun?

I never use those self-checkout thingies.  Why should I be responsible for putting a perfectly good human out of work.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 07:02:37 pm »
We will soon be the auto-robot nation ... putting millions out of work ...what a wonderful answer to the illegal immigration and unemployment dilemma!  Bravo!   blij26

I don't like robots taking over ... unless one wants to be my maid.

But, we cannot stop progress and it's pointless to try.

Every change and every bit of automation has put people out of work.  Look at the buggy wheel makers.

But every change has also created new opportunities and new industries.

But I only know Haitains from Captain Phillips and they weren't all that nice.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 07:05:07 pm »
My bet is you are correct.  Trump has also asked the Supremes to rule on DACA and my bet is that Trump will lose on that one as well.  So .... they way I see it ... the amnesty issue is coming to a head and I think we all need to brace ourselves for the impact.  The liberal left will be in control for a very long time and I'm not so sure at that point whether or not having a conservative SCOTUS will even matter.

That's why it is so important to get one more conservative on the Court while Trump is President.

The majority of Americans do not want amnesty or unbridled immigration.  Believe it.

Don't believe the media.  Here's a clue:  They lie every day.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 07:08:53 pm »
Get rid of welfare and unemployment insurance, that will change real quick.

Sadly, that is true.

I was taking a writing class at a local college and we had two technical writers in the class who had been laid off and were getting unemployment benefits, which were pretty generous.

(by the way, just so you know, technical writers are the first people to be laid off because, basically, they don't do anything)

Anyway, all aspiring writers tend to be liberal so I was just listening.  One of the guys had received job offers but they didn't pay a lot more than his unemployment benefits.  As soon as those benefits ran out, both guys got jobs immediately.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 07:11:12 pm »

I never use those self-checkout thingies.  Why should I be responsible for putting a perfectly good human out of work.

Me too.   Support the human race over machines.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 07:20:43 pm »
Well, believe it.   The U.S. workforce participation rate is abysmal.  Millions of young men are currently or formerly incarcerated, and essentially unemployable except in unskilled occupations.   Rural areas are beset by opioid addiction, and lazy asses unwilling to go where the jobs are.

Immigrants go where the jobs are.   Many immigrants have the education and skills that too many native-born lack.  Why do you so blithely dismiss the concerns of the C of C and the Wall Street Journal?   Sure, they're pro-business, but aren't you as a conservative?   Employers create jobs for folks willing to work.   And employers want immigrants because they're willing to work.   

Ah, so you buy into the "foreigners are good, Americans are bad" meme. 

Oh, and if rural people are "beset by opioid addiction" close the damn borders down and cut off the supplies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 07:23:56 pm »
   Unless I have numerous items that require Human intervention (Booze, smokes, crap people make Meth out of) I always use them, they never want to strike up a conversation when they catch me staring at their cleavage.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 07:25:35 pm »
Ah, so you buy into the "foreigners are good, Americans are bad" meme. 

Oh, and if rural people are "beset by opioid addiction" close the damn borders down and cut off the supplies.

Immigrants by definition have more drive and ambition than the native-born.  It has been ever thus - that's how it is with folks who've left their homes to travel thousands of miles in search of opportunity.   Meanwhile,  too many of the native born sit on their asses and won't leave the hills or the hood for where the jobs are.     

And as for opioids,  the pills are supplied by Big Pharma and overprescribed by doctors.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 07:37:30 pm »
Immigrants by definition have more drive and ambition than the native-born.  It has been ever thus - that's how it is with folks who've left their homes to travel thousands of miles in search of opportunity.   Meanwhile,  too many of the native born sit on their asses and won't leave the hills or the hood for where the jobs are.     

And as for opioids,  the pills are supplied by Big Pharma and overprescribed by doctors.

I guess us average disgraceful deplorables just don't measure up to your high standards.  Those people with chronic pain need to learn to suck it up, they're extra deplorable.  Oh well....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 07:48:35 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Never thought I'd be saying this, but on Jazzhead's summation, his last line, he's Dead On.

This is a matter for DEA and State Medical Board enforcement.

The State Medical Boards are for S**t. They're a protectionist, See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil, Do Nothing joke.

Docs running pill mills are all too prevalent.

They need to have their licenses revoked and be tossed into prison.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 07:50:17 pm »

Batting 100% wrong.

You've bought into the global left propaganda about citizens vs. immigrants, and have no idea what you are talking about.  You've got a problem with those rural peasants, don't you?

As for opioids, the big one right now is fentanyl and it is coming in from China.  Yes, a few doctors may overprescribe in some cases, but that is a minor part of the problem.  Opioids are so strictly regulated, it's hard for a doctor to overprescribe for long.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 07:51:43 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Never thought I'd be saying this, but on Jazzhead's summation, his last line, he's Dead On.

The State Medical Boards are for S**t. They're a protectionist, See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil, Do Nothing joke.

No, as usual he is dead wrong.  I understand that the current media propaganda demonizes both doctors and rural residents, but his conclusion is not what the statistics say.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 07:53:47 pm »
Batting 100% wrong.

I got a 40% on a test once and tried to argue I should be in the Hall of Fame.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 07:55:33 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

People are really suffering from chronic pain, and those opiods that everybody seems to think are so evil are the only things keeping those folks functional.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 07:56:28 pm »

I got a 40% on a test once and tried to argue I should be in the Hall of Fame.

I know batting averages are on a different scale than percentage, but I'm not sure how that works so I just went with a solid 100%.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 08:01:43 pm »
I know batting averages are on a different scale than percentage, but I'm not sure how that works so I just went with a solid 100%.

I was just being silly.  BTW, it's just the decimal version of percentage.  A person with a .325 batting average is getting a hit 32.5% of the time.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:02:10 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 08:06:40 pm »
Batting 100% wrong.

You've bought into the global left propaganda about citizens vs. immigrants, and have no idea what you are talking about.  You've got a problem with those rural peasants, don't you?

I've got a problem with the U.S labor-force participation rate being at a levels not seen since the malaise days of Jimmy Carter.  Hopefully the Trump economy will finally coax folks who can and should be working to actually get out there and get jobs.     

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:36 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

It hurts like heck to agree with@Jazzhead ... in fact, I need a Tylenol.

But I totally agree with him about this.

Sessions getting his britches into a knob about Pot while prescription meds are totally legal and actually killing people.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 08:24:55 pm »
People are really suffering from chronic pain, and those opiods that everybody seems to think are so evil are the only things keeping those folks functional.

I don't want people to be in pain, but I'm sure you know that opiods are highly addictive and many people transition into Heroin after a stint on them.

My daughter-in-law is in chronic pain.  She needs a hip replacement.  She uses marijuana and it really helps.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 08:33:20 pm »

No argument. You're right.

When people with real chronic pain need them they Should be available.

I'm down on the Docs, manufacturers and suppliers abusing the system.