Author Topic: Obama Is Returning to Politics in 2018, and Trump Should Be Worried  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If President Donald Trump and the Republican Party were already worried about defending their majorities in the House and Senate come November, they will now have another major factor to contend with: Barack Obama.

The former president enjoyed a busy year since leaving the White House but has largely stayed under the radar. Now Obama is reportedly planning to return to the political stage in 2018, setting the stage for a prominent role in the lead up to the crucial midterm elections.

The president spent part of 2017 jet-setting around the globe and making the most of some time off after eight years of non-stop scrutiny and governing, but he always maintained that he would never leave politics behind. Before leaving office, Obama vowed to remain politically relevant and work with and endorse candidates who sought to preserve his legacy and signature accomplishments

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-returning-politics-2018-trump-142925881.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Obama Is Returning to Politics in 2018, and Trump Should Be Worried
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:07:46 pm »
You'll notice it only took two paragraphs for Newsweek to leave off the 'former' and start calling Obama "The President."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:12 pm »
If President Donald Trump and the Republican Party were already worried about defending their majorities in the House and Senate come November, they will now have another major factor to contend with: Barack Obama.

The former president enjoyed a busy year since leaving the White House but has largely stayed under the radar. Now Obama is reportedly planning to return to the political stage in 2018, setting the stage for a prominent role in the lead up to the crucial midterm elections.

The president spent part of 2017 jet-setting around the globe and making the most of some time off after eight years of non-stop scrutiny and governing, but he always maintained that he would never leave politics behind. Before leaving office, Obama vowed to remain politically relevant and work with and endorse candidates who sought to preserve his legacy and signature accomplishments

Right, but it's Trump according to the Rats who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:32:44 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:58:43 pm »
I liked him better when he longed for anonymity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 11:38:55 pm »
I liked him better when he longed for anonymity.

A visit to the 14 acres that will be home to his future liberry might be in order for him.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:48:01 pm »
Just one more reason for Trump to fire Sessions if Sessions isn't going to fire Rosenstein and Mueller -- they are keeping Bammy well insulated. Bammy is up to his eyebrows in corruption as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:53:06 am »

So many inaccuracies in such a short piece. Bammy wasn't busy in 2017, he was on vacation. I also can't recall the "non-stop scrutiny" although I do remember non-stop media worship. Can't recall any "governing," except the pen and phone, executive edict variety.

As for a legacy, why do we want to return to sub-2% GDP? Signature accomplishments, I guess those are the executive orders he signed.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 01:00:56 am »
So many inaccuracies in such a short piece. Bammy wasn't busy in 2017, he was on vacation. I also can't recall the "non-stop scrutiny" although I do remember non-stop media worship. Can't recall any "governing," except the pen and phone, executive edict variety.

As for a legacy, why do we want to return to sub-2% GDP? Signature accomplishments, I guess those are the executive orders he signed.

Yes, the non-stop media worship still continues and the left is longing for the Obama days.

I don't think most of the population is, though, because they are already better off in the Trump days.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 01:05:04 am »

Is Barry still addicted to cocaine? Does he have AIDS?

Time to ante up there Mr Huesain. Stakes at the table , have risen. Your bluff was called.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 01:07:41 am »

Time to ante up there Mr Huesain. Stakes at the table , have risen. Your bluff was called.

And that guy who makes the bad movies wanted to offer $100,000 for Trump to get on the scale.

How about twenty bucks to get Obama to take a blood test for his opiate level.

And, while we're at it, how about Michelle giving a DNA sample so we can see what sex she really is.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:07:56 am »

Does he keep company with other men besides his wife...
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 01:11:32 am »

@austingirl

I can't remember him governing when he was in the WH. He did stuff like sing to crowds,hold beer conferences with thugs,read words he didn't understand that were written by someone else,etc,etc,etc.

Obomber is a thinker like Bubbette! is a ballerina.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:33:02 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 01:14:20 am »

Wow!  Double whammy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 01:14:30 am »

@Fantom

A more relevant question to ask might be "Has he been spreading AIDS while spending months visiting 3rd world bathhouses since leaving the off-white house?

Do he and his beard even pretend anymore?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 01:17:48 am »
@austingirl

I can't remember him governing when he was in the WH. He did stuff like sink to crowds,hold beer conferences with thugs,read words he didn't understand that were written by someone else,etc,etc,etc.

Obomber is a thinker like Bubbette! is a ballerina.

@sneakypete
Bammy still has his fans, deep thinkers all. Just as cool as he is. Ha! He was the laziest pResident ever. His self-love and selfies are his legacy. Didn't think I'd have use for the image below in 2018, but apparently I do.

:peeonobama:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:18:33 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 01:34:26 am »

All Hail!  :beer:

Another question would be..."Did Reggie use a love glove?".
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 01:34:30 am »
@sneakypete
Bammy still has his fans, deep thinkers all. Just as cool as he is. Ha! He was the laziest pResident ever. His self-love and selfies are his legacy. Didn't think I'd have use for the image below in 2018, but apparently I do.

:peeonobama:

@austingirl

I suspect he pays extra for "golden showers".

Offline Fantom

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 01:36:41 am »
@Fantom

A more relevant question to ask might be "Has he been spreading AIDS while spending months visiting 3rd world bathhouses since leaving the off-white house?

Do he and his beard even pretend anymore?

All valid questions considerin' what is asked at any "Press" briefing these days.  Certainly we heard Acosta ask those very same questions...did we not?

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 01:48:25 am »
   Being a big Houston Rockets fan, I haven't missed him at all, most everybody in the NBA looks like him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 01:53:13 am »
Being a big Houston Rockets fan, I haven't missed him at all, most everybody in the NBA looks like him.

But, thankfully, shoot better.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 01:56:36 am »

But he played like a girl.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 01:59:24 am »
This is reminiscent of Slick thinking he was still relevant after he was out of office. In the political world an ex President is a washed up has been and wields no power or authority at all. He will find that out soon enough.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 01:59:51 am »
   Not everyone is a stable genius @Emjay

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:07:31 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 02:10:31 am »
   Not everyone is a stable genius @Emjay

Mr. Ed was, Corbe.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 02:14:55 am »

Whether or not the story is inaccurate or accurate is irrelevant as the MSM reports it anyway that it needs to be told.  The MSM is still 'glamorizing' Bammy. Trump may continually dominate the media, but in a negative light; whereas any mention of Bammy is reported in a positive light. As a very stark example; ABC is reporting that the current up tick in the economy is because they are claiming that this is still 'Bammy's economy'!  So ... when things were going wrong for Bammy he blamed Bush and now that things are actually going pretty well for Trump, he's laying claim and he hasn't been in office for a year!  IOW, the DEMS and the MSM will spin it so that they will get the public to believe whatever they spin ... it's what they do best.

The MSM refuses to acknowledge that Bammy is past president ... and yes, Yahoo is even proclaiming that Bammy and Michael are America's mom & dad ... it really doesn't get any more disgusting and full of b.s. than that!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-claims-credit-obamas-economy-52412344

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/barack-obama-just-sent-michelle-213538627.html
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:19:31 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.