Author Topic: Poll: Booming economy lifts Trump, Hispanics, women optimistic  (Read 624 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Poll: Booming economy lifts Trump, Hispanics, women optimistic
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:26:17 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-booming-economy-lifts-trump-hispanics-women-optimistic/article/2646065

Sustained growth in the U.S. economy is boosting President Trump’s approval ratings and even driving groups who don’t like him to express optimism in their economic future.

In a just-released survey, Zogby Analytics put Trump’s approval rating at 46 percent, among his highest, though 51 percent still disapprove of him.

“President Trump's job approval rating has improved because the current economic conditions in the U.S. are getting better,” said the survey analysis provided to Secrets.

“There's increased optimism among businesses due to the recent tax cuts passed by Republicans and the stock market is at an all time high,” Zogby added.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Poll: Booming economy lifts Trump, Hispanics, women optimistic
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »
Sustained growth in the U.S. economy is boosting President Trump’s approval ratings and even driving groups who don’t like him to express optimism in their economic future.

In a just-released survey, Zogby Analytics put Trump’s approval rating at 46 percent, among his highest, though 51 percent still disapprove of him.

“President Trump's job approval rating has improved because the current economic conditions in the U.S. are getting better,” said the survey analysis provided to Secrets.

Well that just can not be.  A nevertrumper posted a Gallup poll that said just the opposite.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:00:30 pm »
Well that just can not be.  A nevertrumper posted a Gallup poll that said just the opposite.

It's very strange indeed.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:03:50 pm »
It's very strange indeed.

And predictable too, if I might add.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:44 pm »
This poll is different than most polls I've seen:  they typically have an Approve/Disapprove/No Opinion choice.  This one is somewhat different in that it adds categories:  Strongly Approve, Somewhat Approve, Strongly Disapprove, Somewhat Disapprove, Not Sure.  With those choices it's not that surprising to me that more people would "Approve" of the President's performance since that includes both the Strongly Approves and the Somewhat Approves categories.

If I were asked the typical poll, I'd say Disapprove.  If I were asked this Zogby poll, I'd say either Somewhat Approve or Somewhat Disapprove depending upon the latest craziness out of the WH.  I suspect many other Trump skeptics are in this same category.  If Trump Supporters find this poll a reason to celebrate, good for you.  What this polls shows is that only 22.3% Strongly Approve of the President's performance (smaller than I would have guessed given the support from the base that I thought he had) and that only an additional 22.3% Somewhat Approve of his performance.  By far, the plurality of opinion are the 40.5% who Strongly Disapprove.  Not sure that's particularly good news for this President.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:23:27 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:33:45 pm »
This poll is different than most polls I've seen:  they typically have an Approve/Disapprove/No Opinion choice.  This one is somewhat different in that it adds categories:  Strongly Approve, Somewhat Approve, Strongly Disapprove, Somewhat Disapprove, Not Sure.  With those choices it's not that surprising to me that more people would "Approve" of the President's performance since that includes both the Strongly Approves and the Somewhat Approves categories.

If I were asked the typical poll, I'd say Disapprove.  If I were asked this Zogby poll, I'd say either Somewhat Approve or Somewhat Disapprove depending upon the latest craziness out of the WH.  I suspect many other Trump skeptics are in this same category.  If Trump Supporters find this poll a reason to celebrate, good for you.  What this polls shows is that only 22.3% Strongly Approve of the President's performance (smaller than I would have guessed given the support from the base that I thought he had) and that only an additional 22.3% Somewhat Approve of his performance.  By far, the plurality of opinion are the 40.5% who Strongly Disapprove.  Not sure that's particularly good news for this President.

So Trump haters like you do not like this poll.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 08:36:58 pm »
So Trump haters like you do not like this poll.

He told me the otherday that he wasn't a trump hater.  He gives trump credit when he does something fabulously great. 

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:45:08 pm »
He told me the otherday that he wasn't a trump hater.  He gives trump credit when he does something fabulously great.

Not just something "fabulously great" (I don't think I used those words), but I do praise the President when he does something praiseworthy and I've done it repeatedly right here on TBR for all to see. 

:thumbsup:

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.