Author Topic: Question of the Day: What Do Gun Control Advocates Mean by “Common Sense”?  (Read 11873 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty @driftdiver @txradioguy @INVAR

I tried to tell y’all.  JH thinks this is just so much fun...the governmental usurpation of our God given rights.  And I spose it is, right up until they force us to choose between pulling the trigger or giving those rights up.

It's just a toy to him.  A cat toy in fact, to be batted about until he swats it under the couch.  He admitted to it when he informed us he's a lawyer, and just as mindless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't advocate banning guns.   I am an advocate of efficacious and reasonable gun regulation.
You advocate nothing then. There is no efficacious and reasonable regulation. What might be considered reasonable (violent criminals, drug addicts, and the insane in possession of arms) is not efficacious, or the rate of arrest for such would be far less among those groups, who have a demonstrated disregard for the law.

It is not reasonable to impose restrictions on those who are not using, nor are likely to use their arms in a criminal manner.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:37:36 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
2nd Amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

10th Amendment:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The power to regulate guns and to allow people to own them is clearly in the wheelhouse of the "United States" i.e. Federal Government no matter how you try to interpret or misinterpret the Amendments.

The right allowing people to keep and bear arms is a right granted by and protected by the Federal Government.  They didn't delegate that authority down to the states.

Your interpretation of the 10th on this issue is flawed.
Actually, granted by God, and (supposedly) protected from the Federal Government.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@Cyber Liberty @driftdiver @txradioguy @INVAR

I tried to tell y’all.  JH thinks this is just so much fun...the governmental usurpation of our God given rights.  And I spose it is, right up until they force us to choose between pulling the trigger or giving those rights up.

People like him are licking their chops for that day and think they are going to sip tea while watching government soldiers on CNN and Youtube go in by force to lay waste anyone refusing to surrender our weapons that they will eventually advocate must be registered and turned in 'for the good of society', because they deemed confiscation 'reasonable regulation'.

Once advocates for tyranny manage to empower government to that kind of act - they would be mistaken to assume that only the agents of the state are at risk for what will become a war that will feature massive unintended consequences.

Our Right to keep and bear arms is INALIENABLE - and does not come by grant of the State, or subject to any legal 'reasonable regulation' they seek to impose on it, regardless of what advocates for government tyranny or their courts have to say or think. That they have gotten away with it thusfar is only because this people are willing to surrender their rights to clever argumentation of tyrant-advocates that claim the Courts are the Ultimate Authority of all things in America.  All that has done is set the precedent that grants them authority to go even further and go beyond just putting the Second Amendment on the practicality chopping block.  All it takes is tyrants asserting that 'Rights' only apply to government - and that all 'Rights' are Grants of Government that they can 'reasonably regulate' as they see fit to achieve the cordial despotism Jefferson penned regarding the evils that mankind grow accustomed.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Actually, granted by God, and (supposedly) protected from the Federal Government.

Good point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!