Author Topic: North, South Korea to March Together Under 1 Flag at Winter Olympics  (Read 1082 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North, South Korea to March Together Under 1 Flag at Winter Olympics
Posted 6:24 AM, January 17, 2018, by CNN Wire

North and South Korean athletes will march together at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony under a unified flag, the South said Wednesday, in a diplomatic breakthrough following days of talks between the two countries.

They will also field a joint North and South Korean women’s ice hockey team for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, which begin early next month, South Korea’s Unification Ministry said.

more
http://ktla.com/2018/01/17/north-south-korea-to-march-together-under-1-flag-at-winter-olympics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: North, South Korea to March Together Under 1 Flag at Winter Olympics
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 04:46:45 pm »
Kim Jung-Un outmaneuvered us so nicely.  Gotta hand it to him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 04:50:43 pm »
Kim Jung-Un outmaneuvered us so nicely.  Gotta hand it to him.

Did he now?    So North and So talking and working together (even if a minor deal) is Bad old Trump being shown up?What color is the sky in your hate trump world?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:56:13 pm »
Did he now?    So North and So talking and working together (even if a minor deal) is Bad old Trump being shown up?What color is the sky in your hate trump world?

Wow, you're the one who mentioned Trump, not I.

But now that you mention it, this is far from "isolating" DPRK.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:10:13 pm »
Wow, you're the one who mentioned Trump, not I.

But now that you mention it, this is far from "isolating" DPRK.

Now that we mention it, I totally respect your opinion but, posting pro-choice articles, and now, posting about these Pakistani Muslim Clerics issuing a Fatwa against suicide bombers and comments per this article, I hope, it's not too off-topic to say, it seems clear where your sentiments lie.  In fact, some of your views seem to speak negatively on Christians, right? Posting something about what some Christian Evangelist did but look here, these Clerics are condemning suicide bombings.  :pondering:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:24:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 06:15:27 pm »
@Suppressed

Perhaps bringing reconciliation between North and South Korea, which was spoken about for 9 months at least, is not necessarily, "outmaneuvering us".

*****rollingeyes*****

Maybe this is in fact, cautiously successful.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:18:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 11:30:37 pm »
Now that we mention it, I totally respect your opinion but, posting pro-choice articles, and now, posting about these Pakistani Muslim Clerics issuing a Fatwa against suicide bombers and comments per this article, I hope, it's not too off-topic to say, it seems clear where your sentiments lie.  In fact, some of your views seem to speak negatively on Christians, right? Posting something about what some Christian Evangelist did but look here, these Clerics are condemning suicide bombings.  :pondering:

@TomSea

Interesting you hone in onto select, cherry-picked items.  I post a variety of things I don't see you listing here.  I believe in being informed, even if things aren't comfortable or supporting "our" view.

Let's look at the one today about Pakistani Muslim clerics issuing a fatwa against suicide bombers.  How often have we said that Muslims don't speak up enough against terrorism?  And now here's an example -- wouldn't that be something we might consider cheering, or at the very least, find of interest?  I think it would, so I posted it. 

You seem to imply that I'm anti-Christian, yet I specifically brought up the Christianity of a young couple I encouraged people to support, here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,241991.msg1546543.html#msg1546543  I imagine I have expressed that Christianity is probably the best and perhaps only hope for Western Civilization's future.  But I don't believe in ignoring the warts on one hand while imagining them on another.

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 11:31:02 pm »
@Suppressed

Perhaps bringing reconciliation between North and South Korea, which was spoken about for 9 months at least, is not necessarily, "outmaneuvering us".

*****rollingeyes*****

Maybe this is in fact, cautiously successful.

Perhaps it is.

+++++++++