Author Topic: Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease  (Read 4438 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 02:56:14 pm »
Being President tends to age people rapidly. His diet has served him well for the most part all this time, I wouldn't mess with it until he's out of office.

I disagree that his diet has served him well previously.  A high fat diet, even if it doesn't make one overweight (though, he is overweight), is bad for you all around.

If I were his Dr, I'd get him on a healthy diet immediately.  Even if he doesn't have heart disease, he'll live a longer and healthier life with a good diet and some exercise.

If he were 90 I wouldn't mess with his diet, but as young as he is, he would benefit from getting healthy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 02:57:46 pm »
You're right about that.

He needs a healthy diet and exercise program BADLY.

There is no reason a 71 year old has to have heart disease if he takes care of himself.  And I'm sure the WH has some place for him to work out in his ample spare time.

But it's not likely that a 71 year old who has never taken care of his health will start now.

Next year's Drs report will likely be worse.

A ray of hope shines through an otherwise dismal world .... 

(is </sarc> necessary? )

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:59:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »
I disagree that his diet has served him well previously.  A high fat diet, even if it doesn't make one overweight (though, he is overweight), is bad for you all around.

If I were his Dr, I'd get him on a healthy diet immediately.  Even if he doesn't have heart disease, he'll live a longer and healthier life with a good diet and some exercise.

If he were 90 I wouldn't mess with his diet, but as young as he is, he would benefit from getting healthy.

@Victoria33

Shhhhhh!  We aren't allowed to offer constructive criticism or suggestions for Trump. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 03:04:18 pm »
@Victoria33

Shhhhhh!  We aren't allowed to offer constructive criticism or suggestions for Trump.

LOL!  I know, I know!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 03:06:50 pm »
You're right about that.

He needs a healthy diet and exercise program BADLY.

There is no reason a 71 year old has to have heart disease if he takes care of himself.  And I'm sure the WH has some place for him to work out in his ample spare time.

But it's not likely that a 71 year old who has never taken care of his health will start now.

Next year's Drs report will likely be worse.

I seem to recall that Trump has a rather odd view of exercise, something along the lines of that the human body is like a battery only has a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depletes.

“All my friends who work out all the time, they're going for knee replacements, hip replacements — they're a disaster,'' he said. He exerts himself fully by standing in front of an audience for an hour, as he just did. 'That's exercise.’”

Trump plays golf which can be great exercise if one doesn’t ride in a golf cart as he evidently does.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 03:14:19 pm »
All this insight from a doctor who has not examined the President @Victoria33  Why does Gupta's speculation carry more weight than the opinion of the President's actual attending physician?

There is film of Gupta talking with Trump's doctor about the plaque test results and the doctor is agreeing Trump's plaque numbers are going up every year, which is why he is upping the med for that.  The film is there to see the two doctors talking about this.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »
@Victoria33
@Applewood
@musiclady

If you find any fault or make a suggestion about Trump, Meanie and Wrongly will come after you.
At some point, Chaos Trump will implode.
About the 10 minute test for cognitive thinking Trump asked the doctor to give him:  That test is on the web, available to all.  He took that test beforehand until he mastered it, then asked the doc to give it to him.  That is why he asked for it, he already knew he would answer the 30 questions right.  I doubt he knew that test existed until someone on his staff brought it up and then they worked with him until he had the answers down pat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 03:35:40 pm »
@Applewood
@musiclady

If you find any fault or make a suggestion about Trump, Meanie and Wrongly will come after you.

About the 10 minute test for cognitive thinking Trump asked the doctor to give him:  That test is on the web, available to all.  He took that test beforehand until he mastered it, then asked the doc to give it to him.  That is why he asked for it, he already knew he would answer the 30 questions right.  I doubt he knew that test existed until someone on his staff brought it up and then they worked with him until he had the answers down pat.

I don’t know about that.  Even taken blind, the test isn’t exactly a MENSA entrance exam.  Someone with true cognitive issues would probably not recall taking it beforehand, anyway.  What should concern people more is the fact any questionable words and actions come from someone thinking with clarity and purpose.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 03:36:03 pm »
His LDL is 142, borderline high. His HDL is over 60 which is great and mitigates the LDL somewhat. Triglycerides were fine. This media hysteria is well, hysterical.

Those are great results, particularly for someone his age.

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 03:38:43 pm »
There is film of Gupta talking with Trump's doctor about the plaque test results and the doctor is agreeing Trump's plaque numbers are going up every year, which is why he is upping the med for that.  The film is there to see the two doctors talking about this.

The attending's conclusion is the President is in extremely good health---calling it a jackpot of genetics.   This is a 71 year old man whose good blood pressure and heart rate are maintained without medication, whose sugar levels are remarkable --- showing zero signs of diabetes, a killer component in heart disease ... and who has never smoked a day in his life,  And this is major because smoking damages the structure of arteries and contributes more to arteriosclerosis than a burger ever could.

I've read your other assessments of the President @Victoria33  always supporting your visceral dislike of the man.  IMHO, praising Gupta's assessment stems from a deep, almost despairing, dislike of Donald Trump and a subliminal wish for his downfall --- through any means possible.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 03:41:21 pm »
Stick to the topic and do not derail this thread.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 03:44:40 pm »
@Applewood
@musiclady

@Victoria33

I haven’t seen any reporting that the President requested this specific exam and had taken it earlier.  Do you have a source for that?  The link below is Dr. Jackson talking about how they decided to do a cognitive exam.  He said the President asked if there was something they could do or some test he could take to test his cognitive ability.  Jackson indicated he then did some research and looked at various different exams and then selected this one because it was a little longer and a little more involved.  No evidence here that I saw that the President himself specified the Montreal Cognitive Assessment or that he took it ahead of time.  Certainly possible, but nothing definitive that I’ve seen from any reliable source.  Hopefully, you’ll provide the source of your assertion.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ronny+jackson+cognitive+assessment&view=detail&mid=3E86027A5D40E8A487A73E86027A5D40E8A487A7&FORM=VIRE

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 03:49:22 pm »
@Victoria33

I haven’t seen any reporting that the President requested this specific exam and had taken it earlier.  Do you have a source for that?  The link below is Dr. Jackson talking about how they decided to do a cognitive exam.  He said the President asked if there was something they could do or some test he could take to test his cognitive ability.  Jackson indicated he then did some research and looked at various different exams and then selected this one because it was a little longer and a little more involved.  No evidence here that I saw that the President himself specified the Montreal Cognitive Assessment or that he took it ahead of time.  Certainly possible, but nothing definitive that I’ve seen from any reliable source.  Hopefully, you’ll provide the source of your assertion.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ronny+jackson+cognitive+assessment&view=detail&mid=3E86027A5D40E8A487A73E86027A5D40E8A487A7&FORM=VIRE

I heard something similar.  And, here's the link to the test information:  http://www.mocatest.org/

Offline Concerned

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 03:51:48 pm »
I heard something similar.  And, here's the link to the test information:  http://www.mocatest.org/

Thanks, but I know the test is available online.  I'm looking for the source of information that Trump personally requested this test specifically and had taken it ahead of time. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 03:58:57 pm »
No evidence here that I saw that the President himself specified the Montreal Cognitive Assessment or that he took it ahead of time.

Even if he did, a portion of the test requires memorizing randomly chosen words.  That would require the medical staff provided them beforehand - collusion!  Kinda silly.

I had to do this test for a neurologist in 2011, after a prescription drug interaction caused a seizure.  The words they gave me were pen, ball, desk, car, and blue.  Obviously, I haven’t forgotten them and I fear they’ll be my final words, someday.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 04:01:39 pm »
Thanks, but I know the test is available online.  I'm looking for the source of information that Trump personally requested this test specifically and had taken it ahead of time.

I understood and was offering the information; if you don't want it, don't read it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 04:05:35 pm »
I seem to recall that Trump has a rather odd view of exercise, something along the lines of that the human body is like a battery only has a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depletes.

“All my friends who work out all the time, they're going for knee replacements, hip replacements — they're a disaster,'' he said. He exerts himself fully by standing in front of an audience for an hour, as he just did. 'That's exercise.’”

Trump plays golf which can be great exercise if one doesn’t ride in a golf cart as he evidently does.

I would give him the same advice as I would give a best friend.

If you want to live long and WELL, eat right and get real exercise (not riding in a golf cart).  Get rid of the gut and feel a heck of a lot better.

If he doesn't change his very bad habits, he may live for a while, but that plaque will continue to build up and he'll be putting himself at risk.

I hope he takes his doctors' advice (actually, I hope his Dr. cares enough about him to GIVE that advice) and starts taking care of himself.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 04:06:00 pm »

I thank @Sanguine very much. I was looking for the information and couldn't find it anywhere.

@Concerned

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »

Even if he did, a portion of the test requires memorizing randomly chosen words.  That would require the medical staff provided them beforehand - collusion!  Kinda silly.

I had to do this test for a neurologist in 2011, after a prescription drug interaction caused a seizure.  The words they gave me were pen, ball, desk, car, and blue.  Obviously, I haven’t forgotten them and I fear they’ll be my final words, someday.

Medicare test:

Apple, penny, table.

Memorize that and your Doc will think you're OK.  :dx1:

Offline edpc

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 04:08:37 pm »
Medicare test:

Apple, penny, table.

Memorize that and your Doc will think you're OK.  :dx1:

I had five words to memorize.  Apparently, they gave me the AP version of the test.  Hope I get college credit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »
Quaker Oats is running commercials all the time now, talking about how their oatmeal can clear up the arteries.

If one eats at McDonald's frequently, lower it down to once a week or something and so on. And by the way, most of these places have "healthy menus" now that often aren't too bad.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 04:09:00 pm »

Again......... he would need less medication if he ate right and exercised.

ALWAYS the better choice, young or old.

It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 04:09:34 pm »

I had five words to memorize.  Apparently, they gave me the AP version of the test.  Hope I get college credit.

And maybe a scholarship!   :laugh:

Offline edpc

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 04:12:28 pm »
And maybe a scholarship!   :laugh:

Unfortunately, they’re only offering it for the now defunct Burlington College and Trump University.