Author Topic: Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease  (Read 4437 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:47:11 pm »
Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease
By Rebecca Savransky - 01/17/18 08:41 AM EST

CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said Wednesday that he believes tests reveal that President Trump has heart disease.

Gupta said dating back to 2009, President Trump started to have "these tests that are actually looking for the presence of calcium in the blood vessels that lead to the heart."

"Steadily, up until just this past week when he had it performed again, those numbers have gone up," he said.

"When they get to a certain range ... that means he has heart disease."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369287-sanjay-gupta-by-all-standards-trump-has-heart-disease
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:52:34 pm »
Nice to see The Hill is now the goto site for WEBMD type info.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 02:58:18 pm »
The guy is 71 years old.   Of course he doesn't have the body of a typical 22 year old.

Pretty cool that a doctor can diagnose someone without ever examining them.   Medical science is so advanced now.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 03:09:32 pm »
@mystery-ak

When one reads the article, one finds out Gupta talked to that doctor and the doctor said Trump does have heart disease, hardening of the arteries feeding the heart, and doc upped a med Trump takes for that. Hamburgers and French Fries does that over time.  Calcium forms and blood vessels turn into plastic/metal pipes that can't pump blood to the heart anymore. plus blood clots happen to stagnant blood that doesn't move through the arteries.

Evidently, the doc doesn't think Trump is at the point for hardening of the arteries to matter - yet.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 03:12:19 pm »
At age 71 I would be surprised if he did not have heart disease.  Blood pressure and cholesterol are so manageable today most seniors die of something else before a heart attack or stroke gets them.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 03:20:23 pm »
The guy is 71 years old.   Of course he doesn't have the body of a typical 22 year old.

Pretty cool that a doctor can diagnose someone without ever examining them.   Medical science is so advanced now.

You can diagnose heart disease by looking at blood test results and EKG readouts without ever seeing the patient.  The information released on Trump, however, wasn't that remarkable to think he's Dick Cheney.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 03:37:38 pm »
I'd definitely want to hear what other doctors say, not the slanted view of CNN's personnel.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/01/17/cnns-sanjay-gupta-gets-told-its-an-apple-but-keeps-reporting-its-a-banana/

'So in addition to armchair psychology, CNN is now giving us armchair cardiology. It’s raining bananas.' - Will

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 03:42:45 pm »
At age 71 I would be surprised if he did not have heart disease.  Blood pressure and cholesterol are so manageable today most seniors die of something else before a heart attack or stroke gets them.

What's pleasantly surprising @massadvj is the 71 year old President is not taking medication to manage his blood pressure or his sugar ... two usual suspects in the heart disease equation.  This is a genetic brass ring---reinforced by not smoking.

Wean him onto turkey burgers ... and he'll be off the statin.   :laugh:

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 03:42:59 pm »
I'd definitely want to hear what other doctors say, not the slanted view of CNN's personnel.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/01/17/cnns-sanjay-gupta-gets-told-its-an-apple-but-keeps-reporting-its-a-banana/

'So in addition to armchair psychology, CNN is now giving us armchair cardiology. It’s raining bananas.' - Will

There are some really top notch and very funny tweets at the twitchy link! 

888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:48 pm »
@mystery-ak

When one reads the article, one finds out Gupta talked to that doctor and the doctor said Trump does have heart disease, hardening of the arteries feeding the heart, and doc upped a med Trump takes for that. ....

All this insight from a doctor who has not examined the President @Victoria33  Why does Gupta's speculation carry more weight than the opinion of the President's actual attending physician?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 03:46:17 pm »
Wow. The Hill reporting CNN reporting what Gupta the clown has to say. It's the trifecta of stupidity.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 03:49:25 pm »
I am sad to report that the chances of Trump dropping dead as a doornail while in the Oval Office are almost as low as Rats being able to invoke the 25th amendment. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 03:51:50 pm »
At least the Propecia helps him with the morning routine.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=9s&v=hjDnwNoE_GA

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 04:17:19 pm »
You all probably know by now, who I think should be tested for cognitive disability. Clue: it is not Trump.

TDS=Cognitive Death Spiral
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 05:24:48 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 04:23:13 pm »
Gupta talked with the doctor who did the tests, Gupta was not making up a diagnosis.  Trump's med for heart disase was upped by the doc who did the tests.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 05:13:37 pm »
Gupta talked with the doctor who did the tests, Gupta was not making up a diagnosis.  Trump's med for heart disase was upped by the doc who did the tests.

He is 71 and overweight and he is still on a very low dose of that med.  What he really needs is diet and exercise.  This is a good report for someone 71, overweight and who is diet and exercise non-compliant.  Dear Lord, I wish my husband, who is 55, had that report!  No blood sugar issues either.  He is in better shape than many of our Presidents have been.  Melania should appeal to his vanity and ego and get him started on diet and exercise.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 05:33:04 pm »
Rush's show today has Rush stating that Bill Clinton did not release medical exams, perhaps there was some fear of STDs, Hillary and her coughing fits were not covered by the MSM, or at least too much, her stumbles, etc., yet, here we see CNN trying to go to town over this with Trump when they left these other issues alone.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 05:49:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 11:26:00 pm »
I also posted this on the second opinion thread- meant to post it here.

Trump's cardiac assessment-Heart exam normal. Regular rhythm. No murmurs or other abnormal heart sounds noted. ECG with normal sinus rhythm, rate of 71, normal axis, and no other significant findings. Transthoracic Echocardiogram demonstrated normal LV systolic function, EF 60-65%, normal LV chamber size and wall thickness, no wall motion abnormalities. RV normal, atria grossly normal, all valves normal. Exercise Stress Echocardiogram demonstrated above average exercise capacity based on age and sex, and normal heart rate, blood pressure, and cardiac output response to exercise. No evidence of ischemia noted and wall motion was normal in all images.

If Sanjay Gupta obtained and revealed medical information protected by HIPAA, he broke the law. So, Trump had a calcium score test done, according to Gupta, who did not state the score which would be an even more egregious violation of HIPAA. I doubt Trump has a problematic calcium score given the information from his current cardiac assessment which was released to the public with his permission by his doctor.

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:53 am »
Wasn't that the doctor who expressly said to Gupta that the president doesn't have heart disease? I get the impression Gupta is "reporting" whatever he wants (as a dutiful CNN employee), without much reliance on facts. I hope he never gets his hands on my medical file, who knows what diseases he'll diagnose.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 12:24:28 am »
He is 71 and overweight and he is still on a very low dose of that med.  What he really needs is diet and exercise.  This is a good report for someone 71, overweight and who is diet and exercise non-compliant.  Dear Lord, I wish my husband, who is 55, had that report!  No blood sugar issues either.  He is in better shape than many of our Presidents have been.  Melania should appeal to his vanity and ego and get him started on diet and exercise.

Being President tends to age people rapidly. His diet has served him well for the most part all this time, I wouldn't mess with it until he's out of office.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 12:49:56 am »
I was just reading another hit piece  -- which I won't post on this forum -- that made it sound like Trump was going to drop dead from a heart attack any minute.  High LDL is a risk factor, not a death sentence.  I'll bet a high percentage of our members over 50 have some risk factor for heart disease and I suppose many of us who do deal with it.  The hysteria over the high LDL is really over the top even for our alarmist media.

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 12:58:41 am »
I was just reading another hit piece  -- which I won't post on this forum -- that made it sound like Trump was going to drop dead from a heart attack any minute.  High LDL is a risk factor, not a death sentence.  I'll bet a high percentage of our members over 50 have some risk factor for heart disease and I suppose many of us who do deal with it.  The hysteria over the high LDL is really over the top even for our alarmist media.

Even if he did have heart disease, this isn’t the age of leeching as medical treatment.  Cheney was a very heavy smoker and had his first heart attack at 37.  He’s has probably a half dozen before he got a transplant.  He’s a few years older than Trump and still kicking.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 01:10:09 am »

His LDL is 142, borderline high. His HDL is over 60 which is great and mitigates the LDL somewhat. Triglycerides were fine. This media hysteria is well, hysterical.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 01:39:32 am »
Here's report covering exactly what Dr. Johnson said in answer to Gupta's question in the press conference:

"The results disclosed by the White House indicated a coronary calcium score of 133 — an increase from Trump's 2013 score of 98, and 2009 score of 34.

According to the Mayo Clinic, Trump's coronary calcium score could be cause for concern:

A score of zero means no calcium is present in the heart and suggests a low likelihood to develop a heart attack in the future. When calcium is present, the higher the score, the higher the risk of attacks in the long term. A score of 100 to 300 — moderate plaque deposition — is associated with a relatively high risk of heart attack or other heart disease over the next three to five years. A score greater than 300 indicates very high to severe disease and heart attack risk.

Gupta questioned White House physician Ronny Jackson at Tuesday's press briefing, and Jackson conceded that Trump does suffer from a form of heart disease known as “coronary atherosclerosis.”

“He did. He had a — so technically, he has nonclinical atherosclerotic coronary — coronary atherosclerosis,” Jackson said. “And so that's been mentioned in previous physical exams he's had done.”

https://ijr.com/the-response/2018/01/1050918-dr-sanjay-gupta-trumps-physical-results-indicate-heart-disease/
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 02:51:18 pm »

You're right about that.

He needs a healthy diet and exercise program BADLY.

There is no reason a 71 year old has to have heart disease if he takes care of himself.  And I'm sure the WH has some place for him to work out in his ample spare time.

But it's not likely that a 71 year old who has never taken care of his health will start now.

Next year's Drs report will likely be worse.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.