Author Topic: Dems Think 800,000 Illegal Immigrants Are Worth Forcing Active Military To Go Without Pay  (Read 814 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dems Think 800,000 Illegal Immigrants Are Worth Forcing Active Military To Go Without Pay
Daily Caller, Jan 16, 2018, Robert Donachie

Democrats are threatening to hold national security hostage, potentially costing the economy billions and forcing hundreds of thousands of federal government employees to go without pay in exchange for securing legal protections for 800,000 illegal immigrants.

Congress has three days to strike a deal to keep the government funded through October. If members fail to come to an agreement by Jan. 19, all “non-essential” government employees and active U.S. Military personnel will be working with out pay (including troops currently deployed). Funding for agencies like federal museums or national parks will also be cut off.

Congressional Democrats are apparently content with allowing military and law enforcement personnel to go without pay to secure protections and benefits for illegal immigrants and members of their extended families.

More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/16/dems-shutdown-government-dreamers/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is why the government shutdown gambit may backfire against the Dems.    The Dems "support" the Dreamers only as political fodder - if they truly wanted to help them they would negotiate and cut a deal the President can sign.  It isn't that hard -  normalizing the Dreamers isn't the sticking point, it is the border security and changes to the legal immigration rules that the Dems won't accept as a quid pro quo. 

Meanwhile, if the government shuts down, the Dems priorities will be laid out in stark relief - screw the military, let 'em take bullets without pay,  all to "protect" a small number of illegal immigrants from a deal that would give both sides a victory.   Yes, a majority of folks are sympathetic to the unique plight of the Dreamers, but a majority also favor increased border security and a rollback of three decades of neglect regarding enforcement of law regarding illegals.   A deal can and should get done - unless the Dems are too stupid or cynical to budge.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is why the government shutdown gambit may backfire against the Dems.    The Dems "support" the Dreamers only as political fodder - if they truly wanted to help them they would negotiate and cut a deal the President can sign.  It isn't that hard -  normalizing the Dreamers isn't the sticking point, it is the border security and changes to the legal immigration rules that the Dems won't accept as a quid pro quo. 

Meanwhile, if the government shuts down, the Dems priorities will be laid out in stark relief - screw the military, let 'em take bullets without pay,  all to "protect" a small number of illegal immigrants from a deal that would give both sides a victory.   Yes, a majority of folks are sympathetic to the unique plight of the Dreamers, but a majority also favor increased border security and a rollback of three decades of neglect regarding enforcement of law regarding illegals.   A deal can and should get done - unless the Dems are too stupid or cynical to budge.

The "plight" of the dreamers is only unique because most countries would have tossed them out much earlier.  Those that arent are going bankrupt.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online libertybele

Those 800,000 illegals represent DEM votes and the catalyst to full blown amnesty which will ensure that they are in power for a very, very long time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:37:47 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

The "plight" of the dreamers is only unique because most countries would have tossed them out much earlier.  Those that arent are going bankrupt.

Most Americans support normalizing Dreamers because they believe all of them were brought here as babies.

I remember trainloads of youngish illegals flooding into the country after Obama's unconstitutional EO, just a few short years ago.

Offline driftdiver

Most Americans support normalizing Dreamers because they believe all of them were brought here as babies.

I remember trainloads of youngish illegals flooding into the country after Obama's unconstitutional EO, just a few short years ago.

@skeeter
good point

the 30 yr olds who claimed to be 17

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Except we won't go without pay.

I really get tired of this tired old canard being bandied about when it's demonstrably false.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
What a great 30 second TV commercial that would make .... this is what happens with DACA in place!

I know. Sessions is rounding them up.

As much as I would Love to see HRC prosecuted, I believe the lives of Americans SAVED by getting these MS 13 ghouls OUT of here, outweighs a political catfight we're just not gonna win no matter How guilty Hills is.

Look at the shape she's in anyway.

The Lord himself will deliver judgment on her Before DOJ could even get her to trial past the tsunami of Rat and Media Screaming.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

They're adorable.  Where can I go to adopt one?

If you wait awhile, once amnesty is passed ... there will be plenty of them roaming our neighborhoods to adopt. Maybe go for the one that wearing a cross ... I'm sure he's spiritual at least in heart.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:09:27 am by libertybele »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
IIRC, my monthly pay as an E-4 in 1993 was $880/month.  I’m sure it’s gotten higher, but it’s still not a lot and you need every dime.  No excuse for them to hold them captive.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

IIRC, my monthly pay as an E-4 in 1993 was $880/month.  I’m sure it’s gotten higher, but it’s still not a lot and you need every dime.  No excuse for them to hold them captive.

And if they miss payments they'll likely be ruined.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
And if they miss payments they'll likely be ruined.

When I was in, your ID card could be used as a credit card at AAFES.  The limit was based on your income and credit score.  If you got delinquent, you could face discipline.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We'll still get paid...I was serving during the 1995 shut down as well as 2014...no interruption in my money.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!