Author Topic: Feds planning massive Northern California immigration sweep to strike against sanctuary laws  (Read 372 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Feds planning massive Northern California immigration sweep to strike against sanctuary laws
San Francisco Chronicle, Jan 16, 2018, Hamed Aleaziz

U.S. immigration officials have begun preparing for a major sweep in San Francisco and other Northern California cities in which federal officers would look to arrest more than 1,500 undocumented people while sending a message that immigration policy will be enforced in the sanctuary state, according to a source familiar with the operation.

Officials at Immigration and Customs Enforcement, known as ICE, declined to comment Tuesday on plans for the operation.

The campaign, centered in the Bay Area, could happen within weeks, and is expected to become the biggest enforcement action of its kind under President Trump, said the source, who requested anonymity because the plans have not been made public.

Trump has expressed frustration that sanctuary laws — which seek to protect immigrants and persuade them not to live in the shadows by restricting cooperation between local and federal authorities — get in the way of his goal of tightening immigration.

More: http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Feds-planning-massive-Northern-California-12502689.php

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
...said the source, who requested anonymity because the plans have not been made public...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why so angry @Sanguine ?

:)

No, you can't turn your anger onto me. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
No, you can't turn your anger onto me.

@Sanguine
You're just lashing out at everyone today arent you.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.