Author Topic: GOP rep: 'Sheet metal and garbage' everywhere in Haiti  (Read 374 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP rep: 'Sheet metal and garbage' everywhere in Haiti
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:56:08 am »
GOP rep: 'Sheet metal and garbage' everywhere in Haiti
By Josh Delk - 01/16/18 09:49 PM EST

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) on Tuesday defended President Trump's alleged "shithole" remark referring to some African countries and Haiti, saying there is "sheet metal and garbage" everywhere you look in Haiti.

"I would not pick those terms but I would say that the conditions in Haiti are deplorable, they are disgusting," Gaetz said on MSNBC, after host Chris Hayes criticized the "over-generalization" of Trump's alleged remark.

"Everywhere you look in Haiti it's sheet metal and garbage when I was there," Gaetz added.

Gaetz also said that the "conditions in some countries are really bad," but said that it was "very dangerous" to over-generalize contributions by people based on their national origin alone, leading Hayes to point out that Trump's purported "shithole" remark was also an overgeneralization.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/369272-republican-rep-sheet-metal-and-garbage-everywhere-in-haiti
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: GOP rep: 'Sheet metal and garbage' everywhere in Haiti
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:22:56 pm »
leading Hayes to point out that Trump's purported "shithole" remark was also an overgeneralization.

Clearly Hayes hasn't been to the countries of which the President speaks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »
LIberals know which countries are s*itholes and which aren't. None of them vacation in Haiti....unless they're virtue-signaling. It's all about virtue-signaling. Like the idiot Joan Walsh.
Libs like that should be strapped to a combination lie-detector/electro shock machine, and then we'd find out the truth.
The nasty fact is that most sub-Saharan African countries and a number of countries in the Americas are s*itholes.
 A  number of countries inhabited by Caucasians i.e. white people are also s*itholes although maybe not quite as bad as Haiti. Who wants to live in Afghanistan? Afghans are Caucasians i.e. white people.
Let's just be honest without the virtue-signaling from the usual suspects.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 12:38:45 am »
The Dominican Republic which occupies the eastern half of Hispaniola has booming tourism and a lush landscape. Haiti, occupying the same island is a sh*thole, denuded of vegetation in places and poverty-stricken. Why is that? :shrug:
Principles matter. Words matter.