Author Topic: WH doctor declares Trump in 'excellent' health, mentally fit for office  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: WH doctor declares Trump in 'excellent' health, mentally fit for office
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 01:01:19 am »
Nice but they were also rans.

You are clearly blind.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:02:48 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 01:24:29 am »
You are clearly blind.

Blah....No one to take home to meet your mother.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:25:20 am by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 01:39:57 am »
"Girther" Conspiracy Theorists Compared President Trump To Athletes Of Similar Size

Very rarely does this current White House allow for a lighthearted moment. Fortunately, amidst all the cacophony and controversy, today was one of those days. Savor it. As part of President Trump’s annual physical, White House physician Admiral Ronny Jackson disclosed the President weighted in at 239 pounds. At his current height and BMI, the president is one pound away from being officially obsese. However, collectively large segments of American society shouted,  “We don’t believe you. You need more people!” In a matter of minutes, a girther movement had arisen which doubted the veracity of his weight.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/girther-conspiracy-theorists-compared-president-trump-athletes-similar-size-005945518.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:03 am »
CNN's Chris Cillizza seems ready to put questions of the President's mental fitness to bed:

"The Point: Trump's temperamental fitness for the job remains a very open question. But his mental fitness no longer should be. Critics should focus on what he does in office rather than engaging in unfounded attacks on his mental acuity."

'Fake news"?
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2018, 02:33:05 am »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 02:41:14 am »
If the good doctor could cast both thumbs . . .
I stand with Roosgirl.

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 02:44:36 am »
So now what's the excuse for Trump's behavior?

Offline edpc

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 02:49:36 am »
So now what's the excuse for Trump's behavior?

He's an ass.  That's why his doctor of record is a Rear Admiral.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:30 am »

He's an ass.  That's why his doctor of record is a Rear Admiral.

:bigsilly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:37 am »
'Guardians of the Galaxy' director offers $100k for Trump to be weighed on 'accurate scale'
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/369271-guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-offers-100k-for-trump-to-be
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 03:07:39 am »
Hmmmm..

Wonder how much Trump slipped this MD to come up with this....I suspect its less than he pays the hookers to keep quite.. :shrug:

Offline endicom

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 03:36:01 am »
Anyone know what score Nancy Pelosi got on her cognitive test?

Ooo eee,ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla bing bang...
Ooo eee ,ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla ,bing bang
Ooo eee ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla bing bang

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 04:06:29 am »
Smart for the President to request a cognitive test (i.e., Montreal Cognitive Assessment) as part of this physical exam.  So now we've confirmed that Trump's wacky behavior is just Trump being Trump.   I thought the doctor did a good and complete job of answering questions.  No surprise that the President needs to better his diet and get more exercise.

I have my doubts that Trump would request a cognitive test just as I think these medical reports are really all for show. They are only going to tell you what the President wants you to know. It is in our country's interest to project an image of a healthy head of state but history has shown that has not always been the case. Another thing they said I am skeptical about is his weight. I wonder what chart they are using for height and weight because if you've seen any of the latest ones from the past few years it doesn't take much extra to be considered obese. If you look at recent pictures of Trump there is quite a bit of "extra" stuffing there. A guy that works with my husband is quite the fitness buff. He runs regularly as well and he is not by any means overweight if you look at him. When they did the health screenings for their health insurance he came back as "obese". So did quite a few others who were very shocked. Just saying by looking at Trump I kind of chuckled about his doctor's comments about that and that he was "only one pound away from being obese". Even the President has doctor/patient confidentiality and has to approve what is released. So take it all with a grain of salt.

Those cognitive assessments are usually given to everyone over a certain age. It is a basic screening for dementia and alzheimers however it isn't a psychological test by any means. The test is very basic and misses a lot of things. Both my husband and my father have been having issues and have requested this test and found nothing of major significance although those of us who live with them have noticed quite a lot of changes. Like I said, it is a basic screening.

I don't think the President's problems have anything to do with his age or dementia. They are psychological and I can guarantee you that he isn't going to see one of those and that is the only part of his fitness that I care about. I don't care if he is overweight, has diabetes, is going bald, blah blah blah. I believe a president can perform their jobs quite well despite many medical conditions.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 04:06:42 am »
Hmmmm..

Wonder how much Trump slipped this MD to come up with this....I suspect its less than he pays the hookers to keep quite.. :shrug:

It almost sounded like the nervous flattery coming from Stephen Miller and company.  At one point, he made a bold claim, something like Donald would be in great health through both terms ... at which point the media pushed back.

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 04:10:59 am »
So what an interest to me is that the cream he's using for rosacea is listed as ivermectin.  That is the drug used to deworm dogs.

Maybe it was a vet that examined him. Wasn't the last one done by a Gastroenterologist?

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 04:22:08 am »
I looked it up and found that a 1% Ivermectin cream is used to treat Rosacea. Brand name Soolantra. Amazing how some drugs used to treat one thing can be found effective for something completely different.

So Trump can have clear skin and no fleas as well :laugh:

Offline edpc

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2018, 04:41:12 am »
He can switch to the metronidazole if he wants to fight trichamonas like Run-DMC

It's trichy to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's trichy, tr-tr-trichy, trichy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1cYQV62WhkM

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2018, 04:50:06 am »
Anyone know what score Nancy Pelosi got on her cognitive test?

4 3/4. She was able to tell the Dr that she is a person. After that the test went to shit.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 06:08:44 am »
Smart for the President to request a cognitive test (i.e., Montreal Cognitive Assessment) as part of this physical exam.  So now we've confirmed that Trump's wacky behavior is just Trump being Trump.   
@Concerned
@mystery-ak 

The actual test is on post 12.

No, that ten minute test is to give clues as to the "physical" working of his brain.  "Cognitive/cognition; concerned with the act or process of knowing, perceiving, etc. : cognitive development; cognitive functioning.  Of or relating to the mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes."  The test consists of items like, does he know his name, the day of the week, the month, who is president (he should get that one), can he repeat a few items said to him, remember them later, identify common animals, etc..  If he could not, more tests, including MRIs of the brain would have to be done to see if he is in the first stages of Alzheimer's or another physical condition of the brain. 

This test has nothing to do with a personality disorder ("emotional and volitional processes").  I tested people with brain injury and these tests are not psychological tests.

When I fell and hit my head on a large rock, the EMTs in the ambulance began to ask me cognitive questions to determine if I knew what happened to me, did I know where I was, etc.  Those were cognitive questions, to quickly determine if my brain might be damaged.  As it was, they took me to a trauma center since that was the hospital equipped to deal with brain injury.  No, my brain was okay although some of you may not agree with that.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:17:57 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

Offline Concerned

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 12:37:10 pm »
@Concerned
@mystery-ak 

The actual test is on post 12.

No, that ten minute test is to give clues as to the "physical" working of his brain.  "Cognitive/cognition; concerned with the act or process of knowing, perceiving, etc. : cognitive development; cognitive functioning.  Of or relating to the mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes."  The test consists of items like, does he know his name, the day of the week, the month, who is president (he should get that one), can he repeat a few items said to him, remember them later, identify common animals, etc..  If he could not, more tests, including MRIs of the brain would have to be done to see if he is in the first stages of Alzheimer's or another physical condition of the brain. 

This test has nothing to do with a personality disorder ("emotional and volitional processes").  I tested people with brain injury and these tests are not psychological tests.

When I fell and hit my head on a large rock, the EMTs in the ambulance began to ask me cognitive questions to determine if I knew what happened to me, did I know where I was, etc.  Those were cognitive questions, to quickly determine if my brain might be damaged.  As it was, they took me to a trauma center since that was the hospital equipped to deal with brain injury.  No, my brain was okay although some of you may not agree with that.  **nononono*

@Victoria33

I'm no Trump sycophant, but I still believe it was smart of the President to request a cognitive test (it's actually called the Montreal Cognitive Assessment).  As a result of this, here's how "fake news" CNN is reporting it:

"Dr. Ronny Jackson, the presidential physician, gushed about President Donald Trump's health during a briefing before the White House press corps on Tuesday, touting the President's "good genes," how he did "exceedingly well" on his cognitive test and his "excellent" cardiac health.

<snip>

"I've got to know him pretty well. And I had absolutely no concerns about his cognitive ability or his, you know, his neurological function," Dr. Ronny Jackson told reporters from the briefing room. He said he hadn't initially planned to administer the screening for neurological impairments, but did so at Trump's asking.

"I've found no reason whatsoever to think the President has any issues whatsoever with his thought processes," Jackson said later."

Relative to a "personalty disorder", I (as a layman) think that the President probably has one if not more than one personalty disorder (lots of folks do -- I'm a little OCD), but given that previously, there were folks speculating that the President might have dementia or early onset alzheimer's disease,   I still think this type of of assessment from the White House doctor, who also worked under both Bush and Obama, is good for the President and it was smart to request it.  As a result of it, we now have opinions from the left like those reflected in Reply #28 from Chris Cillizza -- also good for the President.  JMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politics/ronny-jackson-health-donald-trump/index.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:39:23 pm by Concerned »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 01:58:22 pm »
@Concerned
@mystery-ak

This 10 minute brain function test didn't just come out of the blue for Trump to do.  This med test was important for him to say his brain was perfect and he had the test beforehand as it is so easy to get.  Gen. Kelly or others close to Trump would have made sure he was prepared in every way he could be for this med exam and for that 10 minute test.  Every president would be, knowing the results would be known.  Sure he asked for it because he was told the name of it and had already taken it.

You can go on line and take it yourself.  It is that easy to get.  You can't take, on line, the real personality tests we give individuals, those are not there.  A description is, but not the actual tests. They are also only valid if given by a mental health professional.  The ones I used are in a closet, to be burned when I am not longer here.  When I retired, after a period of time, I burned the files on every person I had tested or counseled.  Patient privacy was still there as long as those files existed.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 02:18:05 pm »
@Concerned
@mystery-ak

This 10 minute brain function test didn't just come out of the blue for Trump to do.  This med test was important for him to say his brain was perfect and he had the test beforehand as it is so easy to get.  Gen. Kelly or others close to Trump would have made sure he was prepared in every way he could be for this med exam and for that 10 minute test.  Every president would be, knowing the results would be known.  Sure he asked for it because he was told the name of it and had already taken it.

You can go on line and take it yourself.  It is that easy to get.  You can't take, on line, the real personality tests we give individuals, those are not there.  A description is, but not the actual tests. They are also only valid if given by a mental health professional.  The ones I used are in a closet, to be burned when I am not longer here.  When I retired, after a period of time, I burned the files on every person I had tested or counseled.  Patient privacy was still there as long as those files existed.

If there's proof that Trump had the test ahead of time and had already taken it, I'd agree with your skepticism.  I haven't seen that proof.  If you have, hopefully, you'll post it.  One version I found online is from 2009 and labeled Version 7.1 Original Version.   Another I found was Version 2 and yet another was from 2011 and labeled Version 3.  I don't know what version the President took and I haven't seen that he definitely took it prior to Dr. Johnson administering it to him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-score-on-montreal-cognitive-assessment-dementia-and-alzheimers-2018-1

https://www.scribd.com/document/285824640/MoCA-7-2-Scoring

http://www.mocatest.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/tests-instructions/MoCA_alt_version_3_English-instructions-June_13_2011.pdf
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:26:54 pm by Concerned »

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2018, 02:27:07 pm »
If there's proof that Trump had the test ahead of time and had already taken it, I'd agree with your skepticism.

He did study very hard for the urine test.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2018, 04:23:26 pm »
@Concerned
@mystery-ak

It certainly doesn't say anything about whether Trump is a nutcase or a sociopath. All I know is that normal adults don't behave the way Trump does.