Author Topic: School District Pays Teen $800,000 For Refusing To Let Her Sleep, Micturate With Boys  (Read 832 times)

Offline corbe

School District Pays Teen $800,000 For Refusing To Let Her Sleep, Micturate With Boys

A Wisconsin school district will pay a transgender student $800,000 to settle a lawsuit she filed in a successful attempt to share bathrooms and overnight sleeping quarters with male high school students.

By Joy Pullmann   
January 16, 2018

A Wisconsin school district will pay a transgender student $800,000 to settle a lawsuit she filed in a successful attempt to share bathrooms and overnight sleeping quarters with male high school students. Ash Whitaker’s attorneys will get $650,000 of that amount, and she gets the rest. The money will be paid out by the district’s insurance company, after using taxpayer dollars for their $25,000 deductible.

Before the settlement, the case had been appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court after the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in Whitaker’s favor. The court agreed that Kenosha Unified School District “illegally singled Whitaker out for discrimination because he [sic] is transgender.” Whitaker also demanded to be allowed to run for prom king, and won that fight last year as well.

“[Whitaker’s] claimed fees were $1.7 million, so we estimated if we went up to the Supreme Court, and/or back down to trial court to try the case and go through anything, that their fees would be somewhere between $4 million and $5 million,” Kenosha’s attorney, Ron Stadler, told media. “So, it becomes a real economic decision in terms of balancing risks and the downside of being given an adverse decision.”

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/16/school-district-pays-teen-800000-refusing-let-sleep-micturate-boys/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Sounds like the only real winner is the lawyer. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Sounds like the only real winner is the lawyer.

:rolling:

Thank you captain obvious! 

"Ash Whitaker’s attorneys will get $650,000."

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:37:10 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I learnt a new word today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

That is because you never Micturated With Boys before.   

Offline dfwgator

LOL, I only knew it from Vogon Poetry....

Thy micturations are to me. As plurdled gabbleblotchits. On a lurgid bee.

Offline dfwgator

Is that like "Slaking"?

Offline WingNot

Is that like "Slaking"?

Better ask Cyber.  And have him use it in a sentence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Like heck I haven't...but I was a boy then.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL, I only knew it from Vogon Poetry....

Thy micturations are to me. As plurdled gabbleblotchits. On a lurgid bee.

"I rather liked it!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
This situation is exactly like the one I posed to the BSA when they announced their policy change re: "transgenders".

Since they wouldn't answer what we were supposed to do with biological females in a male environment, especially tents and showers, I quit.

Wasn't going to open myself up to a lawsuit about a girl being molested in a tent because we "couldn't make special accommodations" or one assaulted in a shower.

Don't know nor care what their policy is now...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

On the positive side, that’s the first time a TBR headline made me learn a new word.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On the positive side, that’s the first time a TBR headline made me learn a new word.

Me too, but it's an incomplete description of what people do in bathrooms.  In striving to get attention with his $20 word, the headline writer sacrificed accuracy.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:38:50 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I wish my dog wouldn't micturate on the rug.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Polly Ticks

I wish my dog wouldn't micturate on the rug.

I wish mine wouldn't micturate when he becomes overly excited.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra