Author Topic: Baltimore statue honoring national anthem is defaced, found sprayed with red paint  (Read 927 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Baltimore statue honoring national anthem is defaced, found sprayed with red paint
Jacques Kelly

A statue paid for with pennies contributed by Baltimore school children more than a century ago was found sprayed with red paint Monday morning.

Jennifer Arndt Robinson, executive director of Friends of Patterson Park, said the bronze statue of children holding a scroll to commemorate the writing of the Star Spangled Banner had been damaged by paint. The words “Racist Anthem” were sprayed on a sidewalk near the statue.

“We were notified early this morning of the incident,” Robinson said. “We are working with appropriate city officials to make sure it is addressed as quickly as possible.”

Read more at: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-baltimore-statue-20180116-story.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I moved out of Maryland in 2006. At that time, Patterson Park was strewn with needles, condoms, drug vials, and garbage. Hardly a surprise it occurred there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:22:43 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online dfwgator

First they came for the Confederate Monuments......

Offline Frank Cannon

I moved out of Maryland in 2006. At that time, Patterson Park was strewn with needles, condoms, drug vials, and garbage. Hardly a surprise it occurred there.

Exactly. This is not some special place. It's a shithole. I'm surprised the statue wasn't stolen and sold for drug money.

Offline edpc

Exactly. This is not some special place. It's a shithole. I'm surprised the statue wasn't stolen and sold for drug money.

The golf course at Clifton Park was better. There were feral dogs in the sand traps and feral kids robbing the patrons. Pete Dye could not have created better hazards.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
First they came for the Confederate Monuments......

Next will be Poe....(sad)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline edpc

Baltimore – birthplace of Nancy D’Alesandro, a.k.a San Fran Nan Pelosi.  Her father was mayor.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:57:44 pm by edpc »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

The golf course at Clifton Park was better. There were feral dogs in the sand traps and feral kids robbing the patrons. Pete Dye could not have created better hazards.

I've played a couple of Baltimore City owned golf courses. Pine Ridge which was actually in Baltimore County but next to the Loch Raven reservoir on property owned by the city was a nice course except for all the deer and geese, and Mt. Pleasant in the north eastern part of the city, wasn't bad, at least some 10 years ago. But I'd never golf at Clifton Park unless I had an armed security detail staffed by like Seal Team Six guys.

:crying:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline edpc

I've played a couple of Baltimore City owned golf courses. Pine Ridge which was actually in Baltimore County but next to the Loch Raven reservoir on property owned by the city was a nice course except for all the deer and geese, and Mt. Pleasant in the north eastern part of the city, wasn't bad, at least some 10 years ago. But I'd never golf at Clifton Park unless I had an armed security detail staffed by like Seal Team Six guys.

:crying:

I played Clifton Park a few times. It’s not a bad course, if the miscreants are not out and about. I never had any run-ins with people, but I did have to deal with the dogs. Only played Pine Ridge twice and liked it. Played Mount Pleasant quite a bit and participated in the Maryland amateur in 96 and 97. That course is a bear from the back tees and the greens are a real bitch when cut low.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Baltimore – birthplace of Nancy D’Alesandro, a.k.a San Fran Nan Pelosi.  Her father was mayor.

Man.  The road apple sure didn't fall far from that horses ass.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's Baltimore, Maryland, folks.
No longer part of "traditional America".

A place that is transforming itself into something alien from what traditional-minded Americans of European heritage built and believed in.
Before too long, they won't even display the American flag there any more.

As Mr. Trump would say... a s***hole.
Perhaps the only thing for da white folks to do is... get out while the gettin' is good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's Baltimore, Maryland, folks.
No longer part of "traditional America".

A place that is transforming itself into something alien from what traditional-minded Americans of European heritage built and believed in.
Before too long, they won't even display the American flag there any more.

As Mr. Trump would say... a s***hole.
Perhaps the only thing for da white folks to do is... get out while the gettin' is good.
Interesting fate for the City of Monuments. I was last there in '77, and parts were still nice (Inner Harbor had been redone). Entropy prevails.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Interesting fate for the City of Monuments. I was last there in '77, and parts were still nice (Inner Harbor had been redone). Entropy prevails.

The Mini-Renaissance of the late 70s and early 80s cut both ways. Improvements and redevelopment made the cost-of-living and taxes go up. People started moving out to the beltway enclaves of Perry Hall and Parkville. Once you lost the tax base, all the other problems intensified. The catalyst for the downward spiral was Mayor Kurt Schmoke.  He was an absolute disaster and the city hasn’t recovered.