Author Topic: Teen’s Escape Leads to Discovery of 13 Victims Held Captive in Perris Home, Including Kids Chained t  (Read 10922 times)

Offline verga

888high58888

I teach in an urban school system. The stories I could tell **nononono*
@goodwithagun My first year in an urban school during parent conferences I met with a grandmother that was the exact same age as me. That was the beginning of what convinced me to teach in rural schools. I love teaching in the south I am called "Sir" on a daily basis and the male students hold doors open for the female teachers and students.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nothing in your CV screams of improving the world in the least. Feel free to live vicariously through me if you like.

If everyone would improve their own world, there wouldn't be any problems, but if you want to play that game, I improve the world by giving semi literate morons affordable housing that doesn't involve the govt'.

BTW, how is teaching engineering improving the world? There are quite a few instances of engineering causing harm....

Engineering’s Ten Biggest Mistakes

1. Tacoma Narrows Bridge

2. Big Dig Tunnel (Boston, MA)

3. Ford Pinto

4. Bridgestone/Firestone Tires 5. Space Shuttle Challenger

6. London Millenium Footbridge

7. Aloha Airlines Flight 243

8. Hyatt Regency Walkway (Kansas City)

9.Maytag Front-Load Washing Machine

10.Denver Airport Baggage Handling System

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/made-by-monkeys/general-design/engineerings-ten-biggest-mista-2007-07/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Looks like another application for my as yet unused domain

"insultathon.com"

seems to be an large installed base here, for such a place
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

Awful.

Heard it reported this morning that the children were only allowed to bathe ONCE A YEAR!!

@DCPatriot

What the hell?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks like another application for my as yet unused domain

"insultathon.com"

seems to be an large installed base here, for such a place

Another veiled smear of Briefers, TS?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Another veiled smear of Briefers, TS?

Not all that veiled......   **nononono*

The most frequent thing that TS does while here is insult the forum, while posting freely on the forum he so despises.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not all that veiled......   **nononono*

The most frequent thing that TS does while here is insult the forum, while posting freely on the forum he so despises.

Generally speaking, if I don't like the way a place is run, I don't hang around.  I have self-respect.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

Generally speaking, if I don't like the way a place is run, I don't hang around.  I have self-respect.

That's clearly lacking in one who hates the forum yet spends so much time here.

I almost feel sorry for him....... 

Offline verga

If everyone would improve their own world, there wouldn't be any problems, but if you want to play that game, I improve the world by giving semi literate morons affordable housing that doesn't involve the govt'.

BTW, how is teaching engineering improving the world? There are quite a few instances of engineering causing harm....

1. Tacoma Narrows Bridge

2. Big Dig Tunnel (Boston, MA)

3. Ford Pinto

4. Bridgestone/Firestone Tires 5. Space Shuttle Challenger

6. London Millenium Footbridge

7. Aloha Airlines Flight 243

8. Hyatt Regency Walkway (Kansas City)

9.Maytag Front-Load Washing Machine

10.Denver Airport Baggage Handling System

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/made-by-monkeys/general-design/engineerings-ten-biggest-mista-2007-07/
@Frank Cannon Congratulations frankie you have proven that you have the exact same skill set that is required of my ninth graders the first week of school. Lest you forget engineers designed those collectible cars that you have coveted as well as most of the products in your home and the houses that you sell to the semi literate masses.

But rather than allowing you to embarrass yourself further let me make the same offer that I have made countless times to your fellow homeschooling advocates over on TOS: Come on in the water is fine, show me how to do my job better. Get a teaching degree, do your student teaching, find someone that feels you have what it takes to reach a classroom full of mini yous and dive right in.

Now if you are like the rest of the A holes over at TOS you will say that you are too busy, too good, too smart, or whatever other feeble excuse will make you feel superior. When you do send me your address so i can send you one of those pink hats that your kind loves so well.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline ConservativeGranny

@DCPatriot @Conservative Granny I have been a public school teacher for 22 years now in three different states. In New York and Virginia students have to take the standardized tests which the local schools administer. Home schooled students ON AVERAGE do no better of worse than public school students. It all depends on the curriculum, the student and the parents. Frequently the parents will focus on their areas of strength and other areas will fall by the wayside. Up in NYS for whatever reason most of the homeschoolers could not pass the Regents science exams to save their lives. They had a 75% FAILURE rate compared to the 90+% PASS rate at the one school I taught at. They did do comparable on the English and Math exams. In the area I Live now approximately 50% of the Homeschoolers begin sending their children to public schools in the ninth grade. The ones I have spoken to aid it was because of the language requirements.
I am not opposed to homeschooling, I am 100% in favor of whatever works best a particular child and family. What I am opposed to are the Holier than thou homeschooling advocates that want to scream and rant that every single public school teacher is a government shill liberal pervert. The fact is that in 22 years I have seen a lot more parents that should be locked up the way they treat their own children than teachers that should not be allowed to teach. I could tell you about the inner city mothers that churn out kids to increase their government benefits checks, or the step mother that stripped an extension cord and used it as a whip on her steps daughters back, or the father that broke his son's nose because he did not place in a swim meet.

@verga I agree with you about the teacher bashing. I have too many close family members who are teachers and I know better. This case isn't about home schooling it is about a pair of human debris trying to pass themselves off as parents.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@verga

The hardest job I ever had was my year teaching HS English. I had no problems teaching Sunday School or when I was in Grad School, but that one year made me shelf my teaching degree and get into something else- research (fact checking) which led to being taught journalism on the fly.

I have nothing but respect for teachers, it's a tough profession. I know like any profession there are good ones and bad ones, and I personally had some bad ones in jr high and high school.

I'm grateful I loved reading and self taught myself and did a lot of extra credit, so I could get into a wonderful college.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon Congratulations frankie you have proven that you have the exact same skill set that is required of my ninth graders the first week of school. Lest you forget engineers designed those collectible cars that you have coveted as well as most of the products in your home and the houses that you sell to the semi literate masses.

But rather than allowing you to embarrass yourself further let me make the same offer that I have made countless times to your fellow homeschooling advocates over on TOS: Come on in the water is fine, show me how to do my job better. Get a teaching degree, do your student teaching, find someone that feels you have what it takes to reach a classroom full of mini yous and dive right in.

Now if you are like the rest of the A holes over at TOS you will say that you are too busy, too good, too smart, or whatever other feeble excuse will make you feel superior. When you do send me your address so i can send you one of those pink hats that your kind loves so well.

You silly self important jackass. I'm not a homeschooler. I live in an affluent area not just because I don't have to circulate with riff raff like yourself but we have exceptional schools. That doesn't mean the teachers are not a bunch of lazy eff ups. I know a few of them personally and wouldn't hire a one to mop out a basement flooded from a backed up shitter.

Offline RoosGirl

You silly self important jackass. I'm not a homeschooler. I live in an affluent area not just because I don't have to circulate with riff raff like yourself but we have exceptional schools. That doesn't mean the teachers are not a bunch of lazy eff ups. I know a few of them personally and wouldn't hire a one to mop out a basement flooded from a backed up shitter.

I homeschool, but apparently since I only have an engineering degree I'm not qualified.

Offline Frank Cannon

I homeschool, but apparently since I only have an engineering degree I'm not qualified.

Uh oh. Don't let that poster find out. His head will explode from the contradictions.

Offline Hoodat

Engineering’s Ten Biggest Mistakes  .  .  .

To be fair, the Challenger and the Pinto weren't engineering mistakes.  They were Management mistakes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

@verga

There are some rabid homeschoolers over at TOS.  I tangled with a few for dare saying that not all parents are qualified to homeschool because they may be barely literate or educated themselves or lack the self-discipline, patience or organizational skills needed.  I noted that Ben Carson’s mother couldn’t read, but she was a good mom who sent her son to a public school but pushed him to succeed. She used to make him read books outside of school and had him write book reports that she herself couldn’t read.

Pay no mind to Frankie. He’s a contrarian just for the sake of being one and the only skill he’s mastered.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@verga
@musiclady

I have 23 collectors cars as well as a new Mercedes S class as a beater car, a 6 bedroom 4 bath house with a billiard room and bar,  swimming pool and massive garage to house my toys including a boat and camper on a lot of land. I also have a hot wife as well as massive real estate holdings and a successful business.

What are your degrees doing for you other than hiding mold stains on the wall?

LOL!   When you boast about your wealth/success in a response to @vergo, who was merely explaining her experience/education credentials,

you diminish yourself greatly, while providing a glimpse of your insecurities to everyone here.

And this isn't the first time.   Did the same thing to me a month ago, stomping your feet and bragging about your 'wealth'.

**nononono*

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

I opened this thread to learn of any updates and........ well let me put it this way after about 3  or 4 pages on any topic the discussion is so off topic and often turns to mud slinging that unless you want to join something more resembling the Jerry Springer Show then "don't click here".   Or qouting Bazing Saddles, "our town is turning into Sh%&.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:00:40 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sometimes things happen that make you want to ask "what the HELL is wrong with these people?",and occasionally something like this happens and you don't even bother to ask because you know there is no explanation.

Lock them up in cages and let them spend the rest of their lives as medical experiments.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To be fair, the Challenger and the Pinto weren't engineering mistakes.  They were Management mistakes.

It's also not fair to claim the Hyatt Regency Walkway (Kansas City) was an engineering mistake.  There was nothing wrong with the original design, but the construction contractor made changes to the bridge supports that weakened the attachments to the bridge (and did not clear them with the original engineers) that caused the collapses. 

The Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse was also not a "mistake," in the strictest sense, because it was designed with the best understood principles of the day.  It was only later that it was discovered wind had more than the expected effect on the structure, which lead to a new understanding for future bridges.  The Mackinac Bridge incorporated the new intelligence and does not waver to this day, despite being much longer than Tacoma Narrows.

Somehow I knew this tread was going to veer way off topic when the subject of home schooling came up.  It always does.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

3. Ford Pinto

@Frank Cannon

I can't speak for the rest of  them,but the Pinto was a GREAT sub-compact car,and most likely the most reliable one made. I know of several that went past 200k miles with idiots as owners and operators. Pinto engines are still being used in dirt track race cars.

The Vega was a piece of Bush,but the Pinto was a great car for $2300,new. The only problem I ever saw with them was the base car could get you sea sick on a road with high and low places because of the short wheelbase,but get a station wagon and that disappeared.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Silver Pines

I have a hard time visualizing this father as an engineer with his dollar-store surfer-boy wig.  My husband’s biological father is an engineer;  I’ve never met him, but I’ve seen pics, and he looks pretty buttoned-up and conservative.  Wig dude going to work in some suit at a firm is a bizarre mental image.

Offline verga

@Frank Cannon Frankie Frankie Frankie, I didn't say you were a homeschooler, I said you were a homeschooling ADVOCATE. See you silly little man they are two different things. BTW I have tried to see things from you myopic (that means nearsighted) point of view, but i just can't seem to get my head that far up my butt.

So listen I, and everyone else reading this thread, noticed that you dodged the request: Come on in, the waters warm. Get your teaching degree and show me how to do it better.

The fact is that you and the rest of the homeschooling ADVOCATES (I capitalized it in a meager hope that you won't miss it this time) wouldn't last a New York minute in any classroom,much less an inner city one. So my very best advice it to STFU and go sit in the corner and thank your lucky stars that there are people like me willing to attempt to educate the fruits of your loins.

Offline Axeslinger

I have a hard time visualizing this father as an engineer with his dollar-store surfer-boy wig.  My husband’s biological father is an engineer;  I’ve never met him, but I’ve seen pics, and he looks pretty buttoned-up and conservative.  Wig dude going to work in some suit at a firm is a bizarre mental image.
@CatherineofAragon
I’m an engineer and work for a very large company with hundreds of engineers...while it’s true most of us are conservative....like everywhere else, you can find every sort of freakshow walking our floors!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:44:20 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson