Author Topic: SNAFU Strands US Army Howitzers At German Rest Stop  (Read 614 times)

rangerrebew

SNAFU Strands US Army Howitzers At German Rest Stop
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:10:47 am »

SNAFU Strands US Army Howitzers At German Rest Stop
By Jeff Schogol
on January 11, 2018

Many questions remain unanswered after German border police stopped a convoy of U.S. Army self-propelled howitzers coming from Poland on Wednesday.

German media first reported that the Polish contractors hauling the artillery in trucks broke numerous rules, including not using the right trailers for the howitzers and not having the correct paperwork for transporting overweight and oversized equipment.

https://taskandpurpose.com/army-howitzers-german-rest-stop/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: SNAFU Strands US Army Howitzers At German Rest Stop
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:36:01 am »
Just put a Muslim refugee on each truck and they 'll be let right in.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: SNAFU Strands US Army Howitzers At German Rest Stop
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:09:48 pm »
At least they weren't painted desert tan as seems to be the predominate case with the Army.  But why aren't they camp painted?  Oh I forgot...the Army threw out camouflage, concealment and deception as a routine practice in Desert Storm I and has not returned to it since.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy