Author Topic: Army announces deployment for new “green” beret wearing soldiers to Afghanistan  (Read 543 times)

rangerrebew

Army announces deployment for new “green” beret wearing soldiers to Afghanistan
By DoD Public Affairs| January 12th, 2018|Military News, U.S. Army|0 Comments

The Army announced today a spring 2018 deployment of the 1st Security Force Assistance Brigade (SFAB), stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia, to provide training and advising assistance to Afghan National Security Forces.

“Security force assistance brigades are specialized units whose core mission is to conduct advise-and-assist operations with allied and partner nations,” said Gen. Mark A. Milley, chief of staff of the Army. “These units will help us achieve the national security objectives by, with, and through allied and partnered indigenous security forces for the next 25-50 years.”

https://popularmilitary.com/army-announces-deployment-new-green-beret-wearing-soldiers-afghanistan/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get it,unless this is the conventional army trying to eliminate SF again by taking away it's prime mission. The sentence that states,"something that Special Forces have never been able to accomplish" provides hints that's what's happening.

And don't try to con me with that "he was a Green Beret himself" nonsense. He was a badge collector,working his way up to Pentagram assignments and 4 stars. I have no doubt he awarded himself both CIB's as a staff officer,as well as had a buddy write him up for his Bronze Star awards,all for meritorious service,and none for valor.

Generally speaking,SF has provided Mobile Training Teams for up to 6 months at a time to train foreign forces in their homelands,and when one team leave,another MTT arrives to take their place until it is deemed they are as combat-effective as they will ever be,and then the Regular Army takes over with 3 or 4 man observer and advisory teams. Or at least that has been the way it worked historically.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!