Author Topic: ARMED FEDERAL AGENTS ENTER WAREHOUSE IN PUERTO RICO TO SEIZE HOARDED ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT  (Read 1399 times)

Offline endicom

The Intercept
Kate Aronoff
Jan. 10, 2017

ON SATURDAY, A day after becoming aware of a massive store of rebuilding materials being held by the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority, the U.S. federal government — the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, along with their security detail — entered a Palo Seco warehouse owned by the public utility to claim and distribute the equipment, according to a spokesperson for the Corps.

Rumors of a tense standoff had been circulating on the island, but the encounter was confirmed to The Intercept in a statement from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Asked if the federal officers were armed when they entered the warehouse, USACE spokesperson Luciano Vera said they were indeed accompanied by security detail and quickly began distributing the material after seizing it. Vera declined to say whether there was a confrontation at the entrance, saying only that PREPA officials ultimately toured the warehouse along with the feds:

More... https://theintercept.com/2018/01/10/puerto-rico-electricity-prepa-hurricane-maria/

Offline endicom

Corruption reaches a point where all must serve the corrupt.

Offline dfwgator

Corruption reaches a point where all must serve the corrupt.

But of course, it's still Trump's fault.

Offline endicom

But of course, it's still Trump's fault.

As we knew it would be.

In fact, the response was as good as possible but the situation hopeless. Too many people there are invested in failure.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Odd  how they report on the political corruption,yet fail to identify the political party the corrupt belong to,ain't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

Puerto Rico is a shithole.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Frank Cannon

Which is why most PR's move to NYC. They feel right at home.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Frank Cannon

So lets give em $94Billion dollars
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Why not. Either give it to them there or they move here and suck it up in welfare. My Rican tenants brag to me about all the different programs they sponge money off of. It is a matter of pride for them.

Offline dfwgator

@Frank Cannon

Give PR back to Spain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Give PR back to Spain.
Oy Vey  Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why not. Either give it to them there or they move here and suck it up in welfare. My Rican tenants brag to me about all the different programs they sponge money off of. It is a matter of pride for them.

@Frank Cannon

LOTS of PR's were pissed when they got drafted into the Army during the VN war. Seemed like they all suddenly forgot how to speak English,other than the phrase,"Iz not my yob,mans!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Give PR back to Spain.

@dfwgator

Better  yet,give it to Venezuela or Cuba. Either would be a natural fit,and hasten the death of communist countries in our hemisphere.

Online mountaineer

Which is why most PR's move to NYC. They feel right at home.
I guess the cold weather is the only thing that prevents a mass migration to Detroit, then.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Gee ... sounds like Ricardo Rossello is doing a great job for his fellow Puerto Ricans.  Interesting how the MSM was all over Trump for his failure of humanitarian efforts there, but somehow they've failed to report on this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I guess the cold weather is the only thing that prevents a mass migration to Detroit, then.

Nah, too many Muslims!  Detroit ... the cesspool of Michigan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.