Author Topic: Migrants Fleeing to Canada Learn Even a Liberal Nation Has Limits  (Read 527 times)

Online libertybele

I can almost guarantee you when and IF we build a wall and revamp our immigration policies that Canada will begin seeing a tremendous influx of Illegals.  During the Bush years, the Canadian gov't actually ran radio ads that they were not receptive to illegal immigrants into their country. 

Migrants Fleeing to Canada Learn Even a Liberal Nation Has Limits

After fleeing to Montreal from Long Island, Marlise Beauville felt, she said, as if she had reached the Promised Land.

She entered the country last summer without immigration papers, yet received a work permit, a monthly stipend of 600 Canadian dollars, or $480, free health care and free French lessons. The weather has become bone-cold chilly but her Canadian neighbors are warm.

Though it is not clear that she will be able to stay, she is hunkering down, adamant that limbo in Canada is better than returning to Haiti, where she fears that the family of her dead husband will kill her. “I won’t — I can’t — go back to Haiti,” said Ms. Beauville, a caregiver from Anse-à-Veau, Haiti, who was visiting a Haitian community center here the other day.

Ms. Beauville was one of a surge of thousands of Haitian migrants who crossed over the border from the United States to Quebec last summer, spurred by a May announcement by the Trump administration that Haitians could lose their temporary protected status in the United States, granted after the 2010 earthquake that devastated their country......

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/world/canada/quebec-immigrants-haitians.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.