Author Topic: Iran protesters thank Trump, call for stronger sanctions  (Read 756 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran protesters thank Trump, call for stronger sanctions
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:40:24 pm »
Iran protesters thank Trump, call for stronger sanctions
Follow Eric Shawn on Twitter: @EricShawnTV

They are risking their lives to bring freedom to Iran, and vow to continue their protests.

"These uprisings have just begun. People are not at all willing to give up," one activist told Fox News from the streets of Iran.

"Their patience has come to an end and they have nothing to lose. Iran will surely not fall down and people will not retreat from their demands."

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/13/iran-protesters-thank-trump-call-for-stronger-sanctions.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Iran protesters thank Trump, call for stronger sanctions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 02:39:39 am »
If he wanted to put tougher sanctions on Iran, he shouldn't have recertified the nuclear deal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 02:46:04 am »
If he wanted to put tougher sanctions on Iran, he shouldn't have recertified the nuclear deal.

Yep, that's a head-scratcher.   :huh?:

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 02:51:21 am »
He extended it for four months.  He’s trying to get other countries to join him.  From what I understand, they think killing the deal right now will result in dead protestors.  Personally, I expect them to all be wiped out soon regardless and he will be vilified no matter what he does, but I’m a cynic.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 02:56:37 am »
He extended it for four months.  He’s trying to get other countries to join him.  From what I understand, they think killing the deal right now will result in dead protestors.  Personally, I expect them to all be wiped out soon regardless and he will be vilified no matter what he does, but I’m a cynic.

Too many EU suckups started trading with them right away after the terrible Obama deal.  He won't get their cooperation.  Even if he did, Iran is not going to agree to any new term so he may as well cancel the old one.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »
The truth of this article is that the organization quoted is thought to be a dissident type of organization in exile that in the 1970s, might have even committed some terror acts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Mujahedin_of_Iran

Also, that Ahmadinejad fellow apparently came out in support of the protests too, so there is an element of hardliners in the protests.

But it certainly doesn't mean everyone.