Author Topic: Texas Tech student questioned by TSA for brandishing school's 'finger gun' salute  (Read 680 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/01/11/texas-tech-student-questioned-by-tsa-for-brandishing-schools-finger-gun-salute.html

Taking a semester off from Texas Tech University to help her family recover from Hurricane Harvey, Diana Durkin was thrilled to return to campus for her sophomore year. But ironically, it was her enthusiasm that nearly halted her plans when she was stopped by the TSA before a Jan. 6 flight out of William P. Hobby Airport in Houston.

“I love Texas Tech. I love the people, I love the school. Anytime I see someone I get really excited,” the 19-year-old told BuzzFeed News.

“In the airport security line and I see someone wearing a Texas Tech hoodie and I look at them and do the gun hand signal because wreck em amiright [sic]. tsa is now pulling me aside to talk to me,” she wrote in a post that soon won over 3,700 retweet sand 38,000 likes.

FEDS INVESTIGATING PILOT'S RUNWAY MIXUP AT SAN FRANCISCO AIRPORT

"'What are you doing? You can't do that in an airport,’” Durkin remembered the agent telling her, reports BuzzFeed. She added that the agent followed up by giving her a full screening and pat down, nearly sending Durkin to tears.

I'd imagine the pat down happened because she was cute.  We all know the TSA can't find a gun if it was in their pocket.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

I wonder if the TSA agent was from Texas?
All the universities in the vicinity have some sort of hand signal from their schools.
Texas Tech Red Raiders is "Guns up" pointing the forefinger up and the thumb out, like a gun.
Texas A & M Aggies: Gig'em (like this)
 :thumbsup:
University of Texas, University of Houston, Rice University, etc, all have one.
I guess this TSA agent wasn't a Texas college sports fan, or they would have known this.

Offline dfwgator

All the universities in the vicinity have some sort of hand signal from their schools.
Texas Tech Red Raiders is "Guns up" pointing the forefinger up and the thumb out, like a gun.
Texas A & M Aggies: Gig'em (like this)
 :thumbsup:
University of Texas, University of Houston, Rice University, etc, all have one.
I guess this TSA agent wasn't a Texas college sports fan, or they would have known this.

Won't be for much longer if the Snowflakes get their way......Hell,  they already ditched the "Red River Shootout" for the Texas-OU Game.

Offline Hoodat

He should have flung a flying tortilla at 'em.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

Won't be for much longer if the Snowflakes get their way......Hell,  they already ditched the "Red River Shootout" for the Texas-OU Game.

I know, it's the "Red River Rivalry" now.
I've been calling it the "Shootout" for so long, I still refer to it as the "shootout".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hook 'em Horns shouldn't be a problem.

Offline dfwgator

I know, it's the "Red River Rivalry" now.

How lame!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
How lame!

Better then Klassic Karma Kontest
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Guns Up.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

The original "trigger warning".  :2gunz:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn