Poll

Should Trump calling Haiti and Somailia a $hithole be considered an offensive SLUR?

YES
12 (29.3%)
NO
22 (53.7%)
It depends on what the definition of $hithole is.
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: January 17, 2018, 01:13:22 am

Author Topic: Should Trump calling certain Countrys a $hithole be considered offensive?  (Read 8005 times)

Online corbe

Open to All.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:28:35 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't see the problem with it because it's true, especially Haiti.  I think we have a couple of States that are crapholes, too.  I'm sure somebody will come along and set me straight on that soon....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

maybe a wrong choice of words, but what the hell.  At least he speaks his mind and doesn't try to be PC about everything.  I'll take brutal honesty any day as opposed to fakes like his predecessor.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

I don't see the problem with it because it's true, especially Haiti.  I think we have a couple of States that are crapholes, too.  I'm sure somebody will come along and set me straight on that soon....
If you are brave enough to try, take a tour of many of the crime ridden inner cities (yeah those Democratic bastions of hope and change) and you'll see sh**holes.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Pray tell what should one properly call shitholes?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Pray tell what should one properly call shitholes?

I believe the PC term would be "Developing Countries".

Offline Frank Cannon

Open to All.

I don't want to hear about your wives again.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I believe the PC term would be "UNDeveloped Countries".
There, fixed it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I believe the PC term would be "Developing Countries".

How long should  it take for those shitholes to develop?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:24:27 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

Those places like Hispanola have been around for a lot longer than this country and are still Sh**tholes.

Offline skeeter

Nah. If I enter into a house full of cat crap & empty Lean Cuisine trays I'm not gonna pretend its the House of Windsor.

Online corbe

Leave my concubines out of it @Frank Cannon She assured me last week she would never tattoo 'corbe' on her azz so I have to let her go, I think she tokes up with wingy now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Those developing countries never reach fruition. The best they can achieve is France.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Those developing countries never reach fruition. The best they can achieve is France.

Pre or post Nazi Germany occupation.  Or does it matter.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Pre or post Nazi Germany occupation.  Or does it matter.

Doesn't matter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Those places like Hispanola have been around for a lot longer than this country and are still Sh**tholes.

IRRC the island of Hispanola has two countries on it.  One is developing, the other is Haiti.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nah. If I enter into a house full of cat crap & empty Lean Cuisine trays I'm not gonna pretend its the House of Windsor.

Sounds like you have knowledge of this situation.

Offline skeeter

Sounds like you have knowledge of this situation.

I did home appraisals for a spell.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I did home appraisals for a spell.

Ah.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline goodwithagun

It wouldn’t take that long if we removed their carbon emission limits and stopped sending them money.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

I just thank the Good Lord that Trump didn’t way “wetbacks”!  Now that’s a bad, bad word worthy of the fainting couch.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I just thank the Good Lord that Trump didn’t way “wetbacks”!  Now that’s a bad, bad word worthy of the fainting couch.

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

Vicente Fox hole would take honor in that!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I just thank the Good Lord that Trump didn’t say “wetbacks”!  Now that’s a bad, bad word worthy of the fainting couch.

Oh Shit!  You did it now Darling! :beer:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:38:04 am by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Why did Vincente Fox assume Trump was referring to Mexico, even though he didn't explicitly mention Mexico, hmmmmmmmmm?