Author Topic: Magazine restrictions limit Vermonters’ right to self-defense  (Read 1208 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
True North Reports by Michael Bielawski 4/5/2018

Gun trainers: Magazine restrictions limit Vermonters’ right to self-defense

According to experts who train in shooting, a ban on standard-capacity gun magazines will inhibit the ability of Vermonters to defend their family and country from threats foreign and domestic.

Darin Goens is a certified handgun trainer the NRA’s liaison to Vermont and other New England states. In response to the Vermont General Assembly’s ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, he said the proposal not only infringes on gun rights, but also puts law-abiding citizens at a tactical disadvantage against violent attackers.

“This law would tip the scale in favor of criminals,” Goens told True North. “Basically, there are various scenarios where you are at a severe disadvantage — for example, what if three armed assailants break into your house and you are stuck with a ten-round magazine?”

He said such situations are common during disasters, such as hurricanes, where armed looters and gangs have been known to storm people’s homes and businesses.

More: http://truenorthreports.com/gun-trainers-magazine-restrictions-limit-the-right-to-self-defense

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Magazine restrictions limit Vermonters’ right to self-defense
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 09:29:34 pm »
During and right after one of our hurricanes, I and another neighbor stood watch on our street as unrecognized people(looters?) were roaming our neighborhood. I saw one truck drive thru with a wide screen TV in the bed of the truck.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:43:17 pm »
I've been ordering extra magpul 30rd mags as I have money.   Getting ready to order another 10. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 10:01:59 pm »
Yes! I need to order mags too! I also have a stack of 25 rnd MAT-24/29 LMG magazines I need to modify to use in my MAS 49/56.