Author Topic: Coast Guard can only handle another month of CR  (Read 457 times)

rangerrebew

Coast Guard can only handle another month of CR
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:17:27 am »
Coast Guard can only handle another month of CR
By Scott Maucione @smaucioneWFED   
January 10, 2018 5:05 pm 
3 min read

After the United States was battered by one of the worst hurricane seasons in recent history, the Coast Guard seems more relevant than ever.

But Coast Guard Commandant Paul Zukunft says the service will be hampered if Congress can’t pass a budget in the next month.

“Most of [the issues] would be felt in our acquisition portfolio, any new starts. It’s very difficult in a continuing resolution to get anomalies. If you get an anomaly as one service then you kind of open it up that everyone needs an anomaly. What we really need is a final appropriation,” Zukunft said in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio on Jan. 10.

https://federalnewsradio.com/defense/2018/01/coast-guard-can-only-handle-another-month-of-cr/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Coast Guard can only handle another month of CR
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:25:07 am »
After the United States was battered by one of the worst hurricane seasons in recent history

Which compared to the historical record was barely notable. These smirky little god complex 'journalists' think they can shade and slant with their little word magic, and somehow that forms reality for us little peasants.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Coast Guard can only handle another month of CR
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:54:00 am »
Which compared to the historical record was barely notable. These smirky little god complex 'journalists' think they can shade and slant with their little word magic, and somehow that forms reality for us little peasants.
I'd swear I read the very same story last year.