Author Topic: It was fixed! Conspiracies abound over Alabama’s win over Georgia AJC Sports  (Read 1077 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For some Georgia fans Monday’s loss to Alabama in the College Football Championship, though tragically heartbreaking, filled them with hope and pride.

For other Bulldogs watchers it was deja vu watching a team rise in joy only to crumble in defeat.

And yet for others, the overtime loss was the result of a sinister force -- the Big Ten referees officiating the game.

Media outlets and fans alike point to a litany of missed calls that allowed Alabama to claim its fifth title in nine seasons.

Here are some of the cited incidents of flagrant favoritism to the Tide:
 Bulldogs are ahead 20-13 with 4 minutes in regulation. Alabama faces a fourth-and-4. Tua Tagovailoa hits Calvin Ridley in the back of the end zone to tie the game.

The no-flag play: Alabama wide receiver Najee Harris (bottom) jumps early.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/was-fixed-conspiracies-abound-over-alabama-win-over-georgia/ZpqErf1E5xuuzoi49190II/
I watched the entire game, and it did seem Alabama got away with quite a lot.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I watched the entire game, and it did seem Alabama got away with quite a lot.
Not to mention all their backs and receivers suddenly jumped in speed in the second half as if they were either on cocaine or in some video game.

Anyway, congratulations to the national champions, the UCF Knights.  :tongue2:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Not to mention all their backs and receivers suddenly jumped in speed in the second half as if they were either on cocaine or in some video game.

Anyway, congratulations to the national champions, the UCF Knights.  :tongue2:
They are the Boise State of the day.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RetBobbyMI

Big Ten officials are known to make sloppy calls. But handing Alabama another title, I doubt.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline goatprairie

Funny...what is the percentage of people who cry "fix" when their team loses to people who cry "fix" when their team wins?
I've never heard anybody whose team won talk about it being fixed. It's always the losers.
But I've heard cries of fix for decades from many people. I knew one guy who was convinced every pro football game was fixed. How they could keep all the thousands of people who would have to be involved in the fixing from speaking out he never said.
You can bribe a player or official or two, but having numerous people involved and nothing leak out is an impossibility.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:27:23 pm by goatprairie »

Offline dfwgator

Funny...what is the percentage of people who cry "fix" when their team loses to people who cry "fix" when their team wins?
I've never heard anybody whose team won talk about it being fixed. It's always the losers.
But I've heard cries of fix for decades from many people. I knew one guy who was convinced every pro football game was fixed. How they could keep all the thousands of people who would have to be involved in the fixing from speaking out he never said.
You can bribe a player or official or two, but having numerous people involved and nothing leak out is an impossibility.
Maybe improbable, but certainly not impossible.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The NFL brings in over 12 billion dollars a year. They have enough money to threaten the livelihood of anyone who dissents. Ask Colin Kaepernick. Or Tim Tebow.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024