Author Topic: China Builds 2nd Military Base In Pakistan Amid US Diplomatic Scandal  (Read 1505 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
zerohedge
 Tyler Durden
Sat, 01/06/2018 - 16:01

[excerpt]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-06/china-building-its-second-overseas-military-base-pakistan

America’s declining influence in the Middle East and the Pacific Rim has been in hyperdrive this week following President Trump’s tweetstorm against Pakistan.

On New Year's day, Trump unleashed a series of tweets accusing  Pakistan of harboring terrorists, and went so far as to threaten cutting off the country’s financial aid. To make matters worse, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, also accused Pakistan of playing “a double game for years,” and said President Trump would withhold $225 million in aid to the country.

Trump’s tweetstorm did not impress the Pakistani government: in response, it announced that it would be evicting some 1.4 million Afghan refugees from the country later this month. The Pakistani government also announced closer ties with China, and would ditch the dollar in bilateral trade with China, a move that has threatened Washington’s diplomatic relations with Pakistan.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: China Builds 2nd Military Base In Pakistan Amid US Diplomatic Scandal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 10:47:24 pm »
The Chinese are apparently committing themselves against India as this is sure rubbing India's face in the dirt.  The Axis of China/Pakistan is emerging to challenge the US/India.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:13:06 pm »
The Chinese are apparently committing themselves against India as this is sure rubbing India's face in the dirt.  The Axis of China/Pakistan is emerging to challenge the US/India.

And you can toss Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan into that same bag of cats. The Tax Cuts go way beyond being an economy restart.

China's playing Acey-Duecy with their currency woes too.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-10/yuan-about-tumble-after-fridays-shocking-pboc-news-here-goldmans-take

Draining off our investments in their game is a brilliant National Security move.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:21:07 pm »
That article is certainly calling the US a fading superpower, they seem to enjoy saying such;  from a few days ago:
Killing of U.S. Soldier Stiffens Trump's Resolve on Pakistan

ARUL LOUIS, IANS Jan 4, 2018

NEW YORK—Angered by the killing of an American soldier by terrorists in Afghanistan, U.S. President Donald Trump let off the first Twitter salvo of 2018 bringing into sharp focus Washington's $33-billion problem of Pakistan and Islamabad's ties to terror and anti-American activities.

Trump's warning also tests the limits of Washington's influence and power to make Islamabad give up its use of terrorists as proxy.

More: http://www.indiawest.com/blogs/killing-of-u-s-soldier-stiffens-trump-s-resolve-on/article_c56017a8-f19e-11e7-ae10-5f7cd1fd2941.html

China's already been in Pakistan trying to build their "silk road" to Europe, just last December:

China Warns of Imminent Attacks by 'Terrorists' in Pakistan
Reuters    Dec. 8, 2017,

BEIJING (Reuters) - China on Friday warned its nationals in Pakistan of plans for a series of imminent "terrorist attacks" on Chinese targets there, an unusual alert as it pours funds into infrastructure projects into a country plagued by militancy.

Thousands of Chinese workers have gone to Pakistan following Beijing's pledge to spend $57 billion there on projects in President Xi Jinping's signature "Belt and Road" development plan, which aims to link China with the Middle East and Europe.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-12-08/china-warns-of-imminent-attacks-by-terrorists-in-pakistan

I think there was already one story posted here of a terror attack on Chinese nationals there.

The difference seems to be in Afghanistan is a lot of the Islamicists make their way to Afghanistan from Pakistan.  So, I'd hope and assume our Generals know what they are doing.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 11:30:44 pm »
Let's not forget, this act by the US  seems well received in India per that India West article above. India being the most or 2nd most populous nation. Powerful in itself.

Thank you President Trump for identifying Pakistan as liars about terrorism

Professional diplomats and some traditional foreign policy writers are having a difficult time getting adjusted to his tweets. However, his salty language, like Harry Truman’s, seems to be understood by all parties involved, including the ‘Rocket Man’ of North Korea who appears now to be willing to come to the bargaining table.

opinion Updated: Jan 06, 2018 07:37 IST
Larry Pressler

President Trump has developed a comprehensive foreign policy for Asia. He is the first US President since George HW Bush to have such a comprehensive, overall policy for that region.(AFP)

Let me turn our attention to President Donald Trump and his declaration that Pakistan should be declared a terrorist State and have its US aid cut off. A brave statement but I fear for reasons cited in my book, Neighbours in Arms: An American Senator’s Quest for Disarmament in a Nuclear Subcontinent, that he might not be able to do that. President Trump has had a good run as a foreign policy president in Washington DC these last few weeks. His administration expanded talks with North Korea. He declared we should cut aid to Pakistan. He did his first in-depth foreign policy interviews with the New York Times. In foreign policy/defence policy, he is receiving good marks from the “old hands” such as myself who have observed many presidents.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/thank-you-president-trump-for-identifying-pakistan-as-liars-about-terrorism/story-XXeYlBxP21nKhH9ZbSrGBJ.html

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 11:45:27 pm »
7 months ago:

Pakistan: 13 China 'Silk Road' Workers Killed as U.S. Warns Project Offers 'Targets' for Terrorists -
Breitbart
by Edwin Mora22 May 20178

The nearly $55 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is only one component of Beijing’s modern-day estimated $3 trillion “Silk Road” project, officially known as the “One Belt, One Road (OBOR).”

When completed, OBOR is expected to be a massive network of land and sea links connecting Muslim-majority Xinjiang, China’s largest province, to more than 60 countries in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa along one route.

Read more at: http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/05/22/pakistan-alleged-terrorists-kill-13-silk-road-workers-as-us-warns-project-offers-targets-for-militants/

Maybe it's a good thing if China is trying to expand, really, their free market or capitalism by building this trade route but it clearly has some dangers. There are plenty of other articles on China warning its workers there to be careful or even requesting more security.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 12:05:46 am »
7 months ago:
Maybe it's a good thing if China is trying to expand, really, their free market or capitalism by building this trade route but it clearly has some dangers. There are plenty of other articles on China warning its workers there to be careful or even requesting more security.

How is it a good thing. They are not Free Market or Capitalist.

Every business in China worth owning is owned by the Chi-Com Party/Govt or the Chi-Com Military.

The Chinese Banks(also Govt owned) have been offering Negative Interest Loans to businesses to get them to expand.

The Govt is offering to Pay itself by borrowing money it doesn't have to expand its own holdings.

Not Free Market. Not Capitalism.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 12:17:57 am »
You leave a vacuum, it's gonna fill.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 12:54:17 am »
How is it a good thing. They are not Free Market or Capitalist.

Every business in China worth owning is owned by the Chi-Com Party/Govt or the Chi-Com Military.

The Chinese Banks(also Govt owned) have been offering Negative Interest Loans to businesses to get them to expand.

The Govt is offering to Pay itself by borrowing money it doesn't have to expand its own holdings.

Not Free Market. Not Capitalism.

They must have some capitalism, they have some of the richest men on the planet there now and they are buying properties in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_by_net_worth

It's not my area of expertise, one can find webpages that say they have some but that's a bit of a dead end to use in a discussion.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 12:58:01 am »
Always take your Mugibar over a Paki.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 01:15:41 am »

Agree.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 01:22:05 am »
I have not seen much evidence that we are solidly in India's corner. Maybe we should be. I think Russia has sold India weapons too.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/modi-putin-vow-to-strengthen-india-russia-strategic-ties/articleshow/62356575.cms

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 01:30:33 am »
@TomSea

"So, I'd hope and assume our Generals know what they are doing."

Now there's another benefit of having Trump.

Our Pentagon is loaded with careerist yes men, and having Gen. Mattis can only be a Very good thing for cleaning that mess up.

Dear Lord, some nitwit judge blocked the move to keep transsexuals out of the military and the Pentagon - whether or not it actually has the power to do anything about it - Should have blown a Major, United on Every Front Campaign Gasket over it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:36:33 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 04:43:00 am »
Game on between India and China

China Threatens to ‘Exert Rights’ over India’s Doklam as Beijing Border Presence Grows

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/01/15/china-threatens-exert-rights-territory-doklam/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 05:09:53 am »
They must have some capitalism, they have some of the richest men on the planet there now and they are buying properties in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_by_net_worth

It's not my area of expertise, one can find webpages that say they have some but that's a bit of a dead end to use in a discussion.

Every society, no matter how openly Communist, uses money. There's no getting around it unless you want to go back to strict Barter: goods for goods, services for services.

The fact that Money's involved does not make it Capitalist or Free Market.

The fact that China has some very rich individuals does not make them Free Market Capitalists either anymore than arguing that the Clinton Foundation is Free Market Capitalism.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:11:28 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »