Author Topic: Rep. Ron DeSantis officially enters race for Florida governor  (Read 694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Rep. Ron DeSantis officially enters race for Florida governor
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »
Rep. Ron DeSantis officially enters race for Florida governor

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis officially entered the race for Florida governor on Friday, just days after President Trump endorsed his potential candidacy.

DeSantis, R-Fla., said he would be filing paperwork to begin his campaign, joining a crowded field of gubernatorial hopefuls working to succeed current Republican Gov. Rick Scott.

“As somebody who is a military officer, Iraq veteran, a proven conservative, and then with the support of the president, I’m in a position to exercise the leadership that can build on the great work that Governor Rick Scott has done,” DeSantis said on “Fox & Friends” Friday. He said he would build on Scott’s work to “advance economic opportunity, reform education and drain the swamp in Tallahassee.”

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/05/rep-ron-desantis-officially-enters-race-for-florida-governor.html
Support the USO

Online the_doc

Re: Rep. Ron DeSantis officially enters race for Florida governor
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »

“As somebody who is a military officer, Iraq veteran, a proven conservative, and then with the support of the president, I’m in a position to exercise the leadership that can build on the great work that Governor Rick Scott has done,” DeSantis said on “Fox & Friends” Friday. He said he would build on Scott’s work to “advance economic opportunity, reform education and drain the swamp in Tallahassee.”

Wow, a Floridian who wants to drain swamps.  He should know how to do it.

Offline libertybele

• Reigniting the Promise of America!
Re: Rep. Ron DeSantis officially enters race for Florida governor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:48:06 PM »
I first learned of DeSantis when he was running for Rubio's spot before Rubio changed his mind and decided he wanted his seat back.  I think DeSanits would make an excellent governor.  He's going to have a tough battle against Putnam the establishment favorite!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:50:31 PM by libertybele »
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf