Author Topic: NY Power Plan Includes 800 MW of Offshore Wind, 1,500 MW of Storage  (Read 949 times)

Offline thackney

NY Power Plan Includes 800 MW of Offshore Wind, 1,500 MW of Storage
http://www.power-eng.com/articles/2018/01/ny-power-plan-includes-800-mw-of-offshore-wind-1-500-mw-of-storage.html
Jan 3, 2018

New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo unveiled a sweeping new energy plan that would eliminate coal use while developing at least 800 MW of offshore wind and 1,500 MW of energy storage.

The plan, unveiled as part of the governor’s 2018 State of the State, was touted as both addressing climate change and driving the economy.

"New Yorkers know too well the devastation caused by climate change, and in order to slow the effects of extreme weather and build our communities to be stronger and more resilient, we must make significant investments in renewable energy," Governor Cuomo said. "With this proposal, New York is taking bold action to fight climate change and protect our environment, while supporting and growing 21st century jobs in these cutting-edge renewable industries."

The proposals include a call to adopt regulations that would end the use of coal in New York power plants by 2020.

Cuomo’s move would also call for solicitations for at least 800 MW of wind power in two RFPs to be held in 2018 and 2019. The governor’s office had already called for the development of up to 2.4 GW of offshore wind by 2030 in last year’s State of the State.

To help attract proposals, Cuomo is also calling for $15 million in renewable energy workforce development and infrastructure advancement, as well as the identification of promising public and private offshore wind port infrastructure investments....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline kidd

Re: NY Power Plan Includes 800 MW of Offshore Wind, 1,500 MW of Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:41:01 pm »
LOL.
2300 MW of unicorn farts

I am predicting the Indian Point will not close until 2030 instead of 2021

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 06:47:51 pm »
Coumo really is dumb as a box of rocks isn't he.  Looks like the best of his fathers limited gene pool ran down his baby mama's leg.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:10 am »
I wonder where Cuomo will get this offshore wind energy installed?  Not within sight of Long Island or Manhattan.  Can't have the Hamptons' pristine Atlantic view spoiled as well as the City's.

Must be far out into the ocean away from sight of land.  That will be an endeavor.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 12:40:18 pm »

Must be far out into the ocean away from sight of land.  That will be an endeavor.

I don't think He has  an extension cord that long to pull it off.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."