Author Topic: Fire and Fury: Donald Trump Says ‘Getting Your Friends' Wives Into Bed’ Makes ‘Life Worth Living’  (Read 6416 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
As @Right_in_Virginia says, she's not concerned about this at all, but I am.  I think this will make it even more difficult for Trump to get anything done, and may cripple his presidency.

As am I.  Trump has got to get his act together, and project the confidence and gravitas of a leader.  Not a game show host.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Massive lines form to buy explosive Trump tell-all as new work sells out some bookstores in less than 15 MINUTES
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5238065/Massive-lines-form-buy-explosive-Trump-tell-all.html

@mystery-ak
Was it in the fiction section?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Noticed that Michael Wolff is all over the lying media this morning. The lying media loves lying liars like Wolff.

That may well be, but whether true or not is not the issue.  It's going to cause problems.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Did you have a point or just telling us your general attitude?

Well @Sanguine ... it's a little of both.

Generally I find it funny that, IMHO, any title that promises salacious gossip about sex drives many here to the thread like moths to a flame.  But, it's usually a fun thread to visit, so this will get just a laugh and no complaint from me. 

Specifically, I found it funny that you posted this would "cripple" Mr. Trump's presidency.  It took me back to all the hundreds of times I was told "this is it", "he's finished now", it's a "death spiral" ... and this just triggers my giggle reflex.  (In fact folks here are asking me what's so funny as I type this.   :laugh: )

So, thanks for asking.  I've got to tend to life now.   :beer:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
That may well be, but whether true or not is not the issue.  It's going to cause problems.

Only for 24 hours.    Tomorrow they will have moved on to a new trump tweet or some such new shiny object dangled in front of their lying eyes..  Just wait for it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

Thanks for the link, RIV.  Believe me,  I want to think the best of this President, and much of what he has done I can strongly support.   But the other day, he was tweeting about how his nuclear button was bigger than the Rocketman's.   Sorry, but joking about nuclear war just makes me nervous.   

I love the red button dust up, done perfectly by Trump.

Richard Nixon did the very same thing with the North Vietnamese. One day he threatened to unleash the bombers on the north. The next day he’d moderate his tone only to ramp it up again the following day.

I guarantee Kim Un has no doubt that Trump would incinerate his little two bit fiefdom in a heartbeat.

Perfect. That’s how you threaten a dictator, not like the wussy Obama or Bill Clinton did.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I love the red button dust up, done perfectly by Trump.

Richard Nixon did the very same thing with the North Vietnamese. One day he threatened to unleash the bombers on the north. The next day he’d moderate his tone only to ramp it up again the following day.

I guarantee Kim Un has no doubt that Trump would incinerate his little two bit fiefdom in a heartbeat.

Perfect. That’s how you threaten a dictator, not like the wussy Obama or Bill Clinton did.

@aligncare
They were laughing at America when Obama was President.  They knew he was weak.

They may shake their head at Trumps twitter tirades, but they know he's not weak.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Only for 24 hours.    Tomorrow they will have moved on to a new trump tweet or some such new shiny object dangled in front of their lying eyes..  Just wait for it.

It may last longer since Wolff is going on tour with it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It may last longer since Wolff is going on tour with it...

The lefties will milk this for all it's worth.  More than a few days. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well @Sanguine ... it's a little of both.

Generally I find it funny that, IMHO, any title that promises salacious gossip about sex drives many here to the thread like moths to a flame.  But, it's usually a fun thread to visit, so this will get just a laugh and no complaint from me. 

Specifically, I found it funny that you posted this would "cripple" Mr. Trump's presidency.  It took me back to all the hundreds of times I was told "this is it", "he's finished now", it's a "death spiral" ... and this just triggers my giggle reflex.  (In fact folks here are asking me what's so funny as I type this.   :laugh: )

So, thanks for asking.  I've got to tend to life now.   :beer:

Well, I'm so glad it gives you a laugh.  I guess that's one of many differences between you and me.    888high58888 :beer: :rolling: :silly:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The lefties will milk this for all it's worth.  More than a few days.

One doesn't need to be a "lefty" to be concerned about the President's (to quote Rich Lowry) "volatility, jealousy of media attention and loyalty that only runs one way".   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One doesn't need to be a "lefty" to be concerned about the President's (to quote Rich Lowry) "volatility, jealousy of media attention and loyalty that only runs one way".   

If we could just get you religious bigots to stop trying to ram your morals down the President's throat...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Rich Lowery is hardly a good source for unbiased opinion. He had a hate on Donald Trump since the moment he entered the race for president. And remember the NeverTrump issue of NRO? He’s still smarting from Hillary’s loss.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Rich Lowery is hardly a good source for unbiased opinion. He had a hate on Donald Trump since the moment he entered the race for president. And remember the NeverTrump issue of NRO? He’s still smarting from Hillary’s loss.

Fine - but I'm interested in what you think.  Do you think the President's personality is characterized by "volatility, jealousy of media attention and loyalty that only runs one way"?   If not, why not?

(For what it's worth, the Lowry column I took that quote from excoriated Bannon, not Trump.)     

Offline aligncare

Fine - but I'm interested in what you think.  Do you think the President's personality is characterized by "volatility, jealousy of media attention and loyalty that only runs one way"?   If not, why not?

(For what it's worth, the Lowry column I took that quote from excoriated Bannon, not Trump.)   

What I think is the president is in a hostile environment – no secret there – and he is fighting back against an entrenched bureaucracy and a lying democrat supporting media. And this is what fighting back looks like.

George Bush was in the same hostile environment. How did he fight back? Crickets, that’s how. And look how THEY destroyed his presidency, tanked the economy and ruined his legacy.

I think Donald Trump learned from that and is determined not to fall into the same trap.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:09:34 pm by aligncare »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What I think is the president is in a hostile environment – no secret there – and he is fighting back against an entrenched bureaucracy and a lying democrat supporting media. And this is what fighting back looks like.

George Bush was in the same hostile environment. How did he fight back? Crickets, that’s how. And look how THEY destroyed his presidency, tanked the economy and ruined his legacy.

I think Donald Trump learned from that and is determined not to fall into the same trap.

Understood - obviously he needs to fight back, and I agree that the media environment is without precedent in its hostility.   But do you think his impulsive tweets and mercurial actions are a wise way to do it?   It's not just liberals who are alarmed by the President's temperament.   Can you understand that, for so many of us,  his conservatism in office is a wonderful thing, but his temperament and rages and jealousies scare us, not just for their own sake but because we fear he is doing harm to his (and our) agenda?   

Offline GrouchoTex

Is this true?
I don't know, but it doesn't seem out of character, sadly.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Is this true?
I don't know, but it doesn't seem out of character, sadly.

Why character counts.

Unfortunately Trump fans happily celebrated this descent into the sewer as if it meant he was a tough street fighter when in reality he's the same rabid sewer rat we all knew he was..

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why character counts.

Unfortunately Trump fans happily celebrated this descent into the sewer as if it meant he was a tough street fighter when in reality he's the same rabid sewer rat we all knew he was..

I don't think it matters, @Cripplecreek.  People who liked him before still will, people who did not will still not like him.  I don't think the needle on the gauge moves at all, at the end of the day.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

The leftists mental midgets will believe it and take it as the 'gospel truth' ... even though Wolff has admitted that there are bits and pieces of his book that he doesn't know if they are completely true or not and have not been verified as fact ... so in essence his book is fictitious and these pages of smut are put out by someone who belongs in Hillary's basket of deplorables. The guy should be sued for slander.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

The leftists mental midgets will believe it and take it as the 'gospel truth' ... even though Wolff has admitted that there are bits and pieces of his book that he doesn't know if they are completely true or not and have not been verified as fact ... so in essence his book is fictitious and these pages of smut are put out by someone who belongs in Hillary's basket of deplorables. The guy should be sued for slander.

Unfortunately, in this environment it’s open season on Donald Trump.

And to those that question whether his behavior is right, well that’s the personality of the guy America wanted as president. It’s not as if during the campaign he hid his personality. Secondly, just look at his winning results.

He took out the Bush and Clinton dynasties with that personality (and we learn that Hillary may finally, possibly, be indicted and prosecuted); he exposed media bias with that personality and is fighting successfully against it; he projects America’s strength and resolve on the world stage and is again getting respect from our friends and allies and fear from our enemies.

And every time folks start clutching their pearls over some “stupid thing” he said, the next day he’s proven right. In other words, that quirky personality of his is winning the day. Results matter, that is  the substance of an effective president.

Offline WingNot

I don't think it matters, @Cripplecreek.  People who liked him before still will, people who did not will still not like him.  I don't think the needle on the gauge moves at all, at the end of the day.

The needle is stuck.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The needle is stuck.

Oh well, that's needle and the damage done....
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

Oh well, that's needle and the damage done....

888high58888 very well played retort.  Gone, gone, the damage done.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.