Author Topic: Lt. Gen. Funk, citing gains, warns that Islamic State is still a danger  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

Lt. Gen. Funk, citing gains, warns that Islamic State is still a danger

By TERRENCE DOPP | Bloomberg | Published: January 1, 2018

The U.S. general commanding forces against the Islamic State said it has lost 98 percent of the land it claimed and 7.7 million people have been liberated from its control, but warned the group could continue as a shadow terror outfit operating without a base.

Army Lt. Gen. Paul Funk, commanding general of Combined Joint Task Force — Operation Inherent Resolve, said a coalition that has grown to 74 nations reclaimed 25,096 square miles of land from the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or Daesh, in 2017. Yet he warned the allies can't let up.

https://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east/lt-gen-funk-citing-gains-warns-that-islamic-state-is-still-a-danger-1.504869

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Lt. Gen. Funk, citing gains, warns that Islamic State is still a danger
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:52 am »
When under pressure these groups seem to disperse only to reform somewhere else under another name.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:24:12 pm »
When under pressure these groups seem to disperse only to reform somewhere else under another name.

I read that somewhere. When ISIS goes down there are another 20+ groups ready to take their place.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:31:21 pm »
I read that somewhere. When ISIS goes down there are another 20+ groups ready to take their place.

Exactly. Its why I always get irritated when people worry about someone was a known member of any particular terrorist group. After all, its not like they pay dues and get a card that certifies them as a member of ISIS or Al Qeada.