Author Topic: Profiles in Courage: Hollywood Men to Wear All Black Tuxedos to Protest Harvey Weinstein, or Somethi  (Read 1058 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Profiles in Courage: Hollywood Men to Wear All Black Tuxedos to Protest Harvey Weinstein, or Something

Katie Pavlich
|
Posted: Dec 28, 2017 4:30 PM

After decades of ignoring, embracing and enabling rampant sexual abuse in Hollywood, some of its biggest male (and female) stars plan to wear black at Sunday's Golden Globe awards as a protest against Harvey Weinstein and those like him.

Male actors have decided to join forces with their female peers who will protest sexual harassment by wearing black to the 2018 Golden Globes.

A number of high profile actors including Dwayne Johnson, Tom Hiddleston and Armie Hammer will sport black on the Globes red carpet according to their stylist Ilaria Urbinanti.

After receiving many questions on the matter, Urbinanti took to Instagram to confirm the fashion news.

“YES the men WILL be standing in solidarity with women on this wearing all-black movement to protest against gender inequality at this year’s Golden Globes. At least ALL MY GUYS will be,” celebrity stylist Ilaria Urbinanti wrote last week on Instagram.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/12/28/profiles-in-courage-hollywood-men-to-wear-all-black-to-protest-harvey-weinstein-or-something-n2427902
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Don't they wear black tuxedos every year?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

Wow, that's so brave and pioneering of them.   *****rollingeyes*****

@driftdiver I think they mean something like this; all black including the shirt.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Wow, that's so brave and pioneering of them.   *****rollingeyes*****

@driftdiver I think they mean something like this; all black including the shirt.

Wow that's so meaningful

Not
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

Are they going to give speeches telling why they all knew what was happening and ignored, or encouraged it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goodwithagun

So a group of self proclaimed “woke” male actors will wear an extremely common suit color to show solidarity with female actresses they knew were being sexually exploited by a man these same male actors still chose to associate with. ‘Scuse the grammar, mama’s drinking tonigh  :beer:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

So a group of self proclaimed “woke” male actors will wear an extremely common suit color to show solidarity with female actresses they knew were being sexually exploited by a man these same male actors still chose to associate with. ‘Scuse the grammar, mama’s drinking tonigh  :beer:

You got it.  They were co-conspirators, and now they're play acting as though they care.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline goodwithagun

You got it.  They were co-conspirators, and now they're play acting as though they care.

They are what Trump would grab a woman by, and they are now hiding behind clothing color.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

They are what Trump would grab a woman by, and they are now hiding behind clothing color.

Indeed.  Shameful all around.