Author Topic: Obituaries for 2018  (Read 159530 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Obituaries for 2018
« Reply #1200 on: December 01, 2018, 02:47:16 pm »

He was also a trolling pioneer, calling Hussein SAD-dam, instead of SAH-dahm. His way of saying it roughly translated to shoe shine boy in Arabic, in the days before Twitter and ‘Rocket Man.’

I did not know that.  That is hilarious.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1201 on: December 01, 2018, 02:56:58 pm »
Gutted twice in one week. They say it goes in threes,

Anyway, Rip Mr. President thank you so much for being president and serving our country,  :patriot:

Amen!  And for loving our country.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1202 on: December 01, 2018, 02:58:15 pm »

He was also a trolling pioneer, calling Hussein SAD-dam, instead of SAH-dahm. His way of saying it roughly translated to shoe shine boy in Arabic, in the days before Twitter and ‘Rocket Man.’

He was witty and highly intelligent, and just plain classy.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1203 on: December 01, 2018, 03:17:46 pm »
He was witty and highly intelligent, and just plain classy.

I was around him quite a bit years ago and will say this about the man without reservation.  He always treated everyone around him with respect and did what he believed the right thing to be without fail.  IMHO that is all anyone can ask of any man.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1204 on: December 01, 2018, 03:19:37 pm »
I was around him quite a bit years ago and will say this about the man without reservation.  He always treated everyone around him with respect and did what he believed the right thing to be without fail.  IMHO that is all anyone can ask of any man.
I had that impression, Bigun. Thanks for confirming. I may not have agreed with everything he did in office, but still had respect for him as a man.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1205 on: December 01, 2018, 03:26:22 pm »
Amen!  And for loving our country.  :patriot:

And his family and his doggies.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1206 on: December 01, 2018, 03:49:27 pm »

One of my husband's good friends (from HS) has been the the Secret Service for decades, including protecting the President.

He has photos in his home of GHW and Barbara, and said that, without a doubt, they were the classiest, most caring people he ever protected.

Truth from the inside is helpful with all the propaganda from the outside.

Thanks for posting that, @Bigun

Offline verga

« Reply #1207 on: December 01, 2018, 04:57:16 pm »
I didn't agree with everything he did, but he was a decent man that loved his country and respected the office he held.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1208 on: December 01, 2018, 09:03:13 pm »
I love this quote from him and something I wish ALL politicians would remember and try to incorporate in their day to day lives:

“Because you run against each other, that doesn’t mean you’re enemies. Politics doesn't have to be uncivil and nasty.”

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1209 on: December 01, 2018, 09:06:47 pm »
I love this quote from him and something I wish ALL politicians would remember and try to incorporate in their day to day lives:

“Because you run against each other, that doesn’t mean you’re enemies. Politics doesn't have to be uncivil and nasty.”
Politicians, political commentators, and political junkies on message boards alike, for that matter.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #1210 on: December 02, 2018, 06:55:45 am »
Ken Berry, Star of 'F Troop' and 'Mama's Family,' Dies at 85

[excerpt]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ken-berry-dead-f-troop-mamas-family-star-was-85-999739

The song-and dance-man, who received a career boost from Leonard Nimoy, also toplined the 'Andy Griffith Show' spinoff 'Mayberry R.F.D.'

Ken Berry, the rubber-legged actor who delighted TV viewers as the blundering Capt. Wilton Parmenter on F Troop and as the accident-prone Vinton Harper on Mama's Family, has died. He was 85.

Berry, an agile song-and-dance man who was encouraged in show business by his U.S. Army sergeant, future Star Trek legend Leonard Nimoy, died Saturday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, his ex-wife, actress Jackie Joseph-Lawrence, told The Hollywood Reporter.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1211 on: December 02, 2018, 04:33:18 pm »
I loved him on F troop and Mama’s Family was one of my favorite sitcoms from the 80s.

RIP.

I didn’t know he adopted. Hurray!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:37:56 pm by Freya »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1212 on: December 02, 2018, 05:16:36 pm »
I loved him on F troop and Mama’s Family was one of my favorite sitcoms from the 80s.

RIP.

I didn’t know he adopted. Hurray!

And Mayberry.  He was a staple of '70's and '80's TV.  2 years from now no one will remember he died due to who died at the same time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1213 on: December 02, 2018, 05:23:22 pm »
And Mayberry.  He was a staple of '70's and '80's TV.  2 years from now no one will remember he died due to who died at the same time.

It’s weird @catfish1957 the obit doesn’t say how he died.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1214 on: December 02, 2018, 07:04:44 pm »

Not really.  Seems we are seeing more and more of where families are keeping cause of death a private matter.

With all the TMZ type turds out there, I don't blame them.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1215 on: December 02, 2018, 10:19:40 pm »
Melody Patterson passed away in 2015, of course, the romantic interest of Ken Berry's character:

The great Larry Storch is still with us:

wikipedia

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1216 on: December 03, 2018, 02:27:44 am »
At that age, it could be any number of things―or they just may not know.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #1217 on: December 03, 2018, 06:26:09 pm »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #1219 on: December 05, 2018, 06:53:59 pm »
'Dynamite Kid' Tom Billington dead at 60 (professional wrestler)

The death of "The Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington came on Tuesday, his 60th birthday, his health battles post-wrestling front and centre for years, proof that there was a huge price paid to be one of the most innovative, influential professional wrestlers in history.

How influential was he? Even the curmudgeonly Bad News Allen Coage once gave Dynamite Kid props: "Pound for pound, Dynamite Kid was probably the best wrestler ever because you've still got these young guys today trying to emulate him in the ring. He was one of my favorites to work with. In our matches, the people just really wanted to kill me and just come in there and help him out."

The late Owen Hart, in one of his interviews with SLAM! Wrestling, said that growing up, he placed Dynamite Kid "on a pedestal ... I'd go 'Wow, that guy's awesome.' ... Dynamite, just because he was the original, was the best."

But the flipside of his legacy is equally lasting. As Dave Meltzer wrote in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter in 1994, that Billington was "a pioneer of insane bumps whose career was cut short by a crippling back injury no doubt related to his risk-taking, admitted blowing all his money on drugs, booze and women, claiming when he was in the WWF he drank himself silly, needed drugs (cocaine, Valium, speed and steroids) to survive the pace, get the sleep and keep his physique."

More

Wikipedia
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:11:31 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1220 on: December 05, 2018, 09:53:10 pm »
'Dynamite Kid' Tom Billington dead at 60 (professional wrestler)

[admitted blowing all his money on drugs, booze and women,

@Machiavelli

Could have been worse. He could have wasted it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1222 on: December 06, 2018, 07:35:13 am »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1223 on: December 06, 2018, 09:27:01 pm »
Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies aged 63

Pete Shelley, lead singer of punk band Buzzcocks, has died at the age of 63, his brother has said.

Shelley formed the group in 1976 and they achieved commercial success with hits including Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've).

His brother, Gary John McNeish, posted on Facebook: "This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, is tell you my brother Pete Shelley had a heart attack this morning and passed away."

https://news.sky.com/story/buzzcocks-singer-pete-shelley-dies-aged-63-11573555

--------

Love the Buzzcocks. RIP.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #1224 on: December 07, 2018, 03:47:09 pm »
Larry 'The Axe' Hennig passes away at 82 (professional wrestler)

Larry Hennig, the father of Curt Hennig and one of the biggest stars in the history of the AWA, passed away earlier today at the age of 82.

Hennig attended Robbindale High School in Minneapolis, the alma mater of Verne Gagne. He was the state heavyweight wrestling champion in high school, and Gagne recruited him into pro wrestling when Hennig had turned down college football and wrestling offers because he already had his first child and had to work to earn money to support a wife and family.

He wrestled in the Midwest most of his career, and eventually was brought into the AWA in 1960 as Gagne's protege. He briefly held the AWA tag team titles with Duke Hoffman, but in 1963, he became a heel, "Pretty Boy" Larry Hennig, forming a tag team with "Handsome" Harley Race, which helped carry the territory for several years, working against all the top area babyfaces. Hennig & Race, taunted as The Dolly Sisters, had one of the biggest feuds in AWA history with Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher, which was really the feud that made Bruiser & Crusher tag team legends...

His grandson, Joe Hennig, works in WWE as Curtis Axel, with Axel being a tribute to his grandfather. Larry would regularly attend WWE shows in the Twin Cities...

More

Wikipedia