Poll

Which current Major League Baseball parks have you been to for a game?

Angels - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA
5 (12.2%)
Astros - Minute Maid Park - Houston, TX
1 (2.4%)
Athletics - Oakland Alameda County Stadium - Oakland, CA
1 (2.4%)
Blue Jays - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON
0 (0%)
Braves - Sun Trust Park - Atlanta, GA
1 (2.4%)
Brewers - Miller Park - Milwaukee, WI
0 (0%)
Cardinals - Busch Stadium III - St. Louis, MO
0 (0%)
Cubs - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
2 (4.9%)
Diamondbacks - Chase Field - Phoenix, AZ
4 (9.8%)
Dodgers - Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles, CA
6 (14.6%)
Giants - AT&T Park - San Francisco, CA
2 (4.9%)
Indians - Progressive Field - Cleveland, OH
1 (2.4%)
Mariners - Safeco Park - Seattle, WA
0 (0%)
Marlins - Marlins Park - Miami, FL
0 (0%)
Mets - Citi Field - Queens, NYC, NY
0 (0%)
Nationals - Nationals Park - Washington, DC
0 (0%)
Orioles - Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Baltimore, MD
3 (7.3%)
Padres - Petco Park - San Diego, CA
3 (7.3%)
Phillies - Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA
1 (2.4%)
Pirates - PNC Park - Pittsburgh, PA
1 (2.4%)
Rangers - Globe Life Park in Arlington - Arlington, TX
2 (4.9%)
Rays - Tropicana Field - St. Petersburg, FL
1 (2.4%)
Red Sox - Fenway Park - Boston, MA
1 (2.4%)
Reds - Great American Ball Park - Cincinnati, OH
2 (4.9%)
Rockies - Coors Field - Denver, CO
0 (0%)
Royals - Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City, MO
2 (4.9%)
Tigers - Comerica Park - Detroit, MI
0 (0%)
Twins - Target Field - Minneapolis, MN
1 (2.4%)
White Sox - Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL
0 (0%)
Yankees - New Yankee Stadium - The Bronx, NYC, NY
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: BASEBALL 2018---BRING IT ON!  (Read 50138 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: BASEBALL 2018---BRING IT ON!
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2018, 04:18:40 pm »

Only 4 hits for both teams, with the Dodgers only run coming on a Peterson lead-off home run.

No Correa or Altuve this series for the Astros.

Good win, but if we don't get out of these offensive doldrums we are going to be in trouble.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2018, 04:25:13 pm »
Good win, but if we don't get out of these offensive doldrums we are going to be in trouble.

Tell me (NATS) about it....... **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2018, 04:27:24 pm »
Verlander strikes out 14 in the Astros win over the Dodgers last night, 2-1.
Verlaner went 7-2/3rds for the win.
Only 4 hits for both teams, with the Dodgers only run coming on a Peterson lead-off home run.
Springer knocked in the Astros 2 runs.
Rondon closed it, a 4 out save.
Dodgers 1st baseman  Muncey looks like he'll be fun to watch in the future, already tearing the cover off the ball this year.
No Correa or Altuve this series for the Astros.

As a fan of the snakes, I was glad to see that, it gave us the chance to tie up the top slot in the Western Division.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2018, 05:25:09 pm »
Tell me (NATS) about it....... **nononono*

Dang, I hadn't looked that closely at the NL standings for a while. 

Talent alone,  the Nats should make the playoffs.  OTOH, and I don't know how you will take it or respond, but how much of the Nat's woes have to do with Harper's clubhouse presence?

We got a huge argument in our ranks about that issue here after what Osuna might bring. 

Verlander after the Osuna's abuse  event, tweeted a very public FU to him.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:26:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2018, 05:52:07 pm »

Talent alone,  the Nats should make the playoffs.  OTOH, and I don't know how you will take it or respond, but how much of the Nat's woes have to do with Harper's clubhouse presence?

We got a huge argument in our ranks about that issue here after what Osuna might bring. 

Verlander after the Osuna's abuse  event, tweeted a very public FU to him.

Personally, I don't think Bryce Harper is a clubhouse issue.  He WAS a lineup issue. 

Everybody is entitled to a slump at that level.  It's also his long-awaited contract year.  He's been waiting for this season all his life.

So...it's self-induced pressure.

Since the All-Star Break; his not being traded IF they can make a pennant push...he's a completely different man in the batter's box.

I've seen him hit crisply to left field more times since the AS break than the entire 1st half of the season.  Maybe because he sees the rest of the lineup barreling up?  He's not trying to jack everything.

Right now, they have no place to put Ryan Zimmerman except 1st base.  And forget that, since Adams in putting up serious numbers.

And Robles' return will create a jam fielding outfielders.  Who sits?

Michael A. Taylor?  Who runs like a deer?  Pennant contenders need great defense up the middle.  He's more than adequate defensively.
IMO...his swing is too long.  And he's a lousy guesser.   :laugh:

Murphy at 2nd is the weakest link at 2nd.  But right now, the ball looks huge.

All good problems to have.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 06:39:59 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2018, 06:07:41 pm »

That's OK, nobody does.  Who's led NL West for most of the season?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2018, 06:38:03 pm »
That's OK, nobody does.  Who's led NL West for most of the season?

LOL  Point taken.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2018, 06:41:15 pm »
LOL  Point taken.

Even MLB dot com has been ignoring it in their stories, along with the rest of the nation's sports writers.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2018, 07:02:29 pm »
Personally, I don't think Bryce Harper is a clubhouse issue.  He WAS a lineup issue. 

Everybody is entitled to a slump at that level.  It's also his long-awaited contract year.  He's been waiting for this season all his life.

So...it's self-induced pressure.

Since the All-Star Break; his not being traded IF they can make a pennant push...he's a completely different man in the batter's box.

I've seen him hit crisply to left field more times since the AS break than the entire 1st half of the season.  Maybe because he sees the rest of the lineup barreling up?  He's not trying to jack everything.
It's like I told you on another thread---he looks like he has the right weight balance in the box now. He seemed to have lost that balance earlier in the season. Maybe part of it was the kind of pressure you put on yourself in a walk year, especially the first one of your career, especially when your name keeps coming up in trade rumours, but when you don't have the balance in the box you don't have the consistent accuracy in the swing, no matter how good you are at reading pitchers and working with what they throw you. Right around the All Star break it looked like Harper was beginning to solve his balance problem. His swings have looked far better since, and he's getting results. He doesn't look awkward in the box. (I suspect the turning point have have begun not long after that incident where he whacked into a double play and didn't run it out---probably out of sheer disgust after doing that with a pitch he'd normally rip for a line drive somewhere.) The biggest point in his favour before that was that he was still sharp enough a thinker in the box to be able to take all those walks and get on base anyway.

Right now, they have no place to put Ryan Zimmerman except 1st base.  And forget that, since Adams in putting up serious numbers.

And Robles' return will create a jam fielding outfielders.  Who sits?

Michael A. Taylor?  Who runs like a deer?  Pennant contenders need great defense up the middle.  He's more than adequate defensively.
IMO...his swing is too long.  And he's a lousy guesser.   :laugh:

Murphy at 2nd is the weakest link at 2nd.  But right now, the ball looks huge.

All good problems to have.
If those are their only problems, they should acquit themselves well enough. But watch out for the Braves. They're an anomaly this year---they don't have an all-or-nothing lineup and they're pains in the ass on the bases. That's why they jumped into a pennant race about a year before they were supposed to.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2018, 08:29:58 pm »
It's like I told you on another thread---he looks like he has the right weight balance in the box now. He seemed to have lost that balance earlier in the season. Maybe part of it was the kind of pressure you put on yourself in a walk year, especially the first one of your career, especially when your name keeps coming up in trade rumours, but when you don't have the balance in the box you don't have the consistent accuracy in the swing, no matter how good you are at reading pitchers and working with what they throw you. Right around the All Star break it looked like Harper was beginning to solve his balance problem. His swings have looked far better since, and he's getting results. He doesn't look awkward in the box. (I suspect the turning point have have begun not long after that incident where he whacked into a double play and didn't run it out---probably out of sheer disgust after doing that with a pitch he'd normally rip for a line drive somewhere.) The biggest point in his favour before that was that he was still sharp enough a thinker in the box to be able to take all those walks and get on base anyway.
If those are their only problems, they should acquit themselves well enough. But watch out for the Braves. They're an anomaly this year---they don't have an all-or-nothing lineup and they're pains in the ass on the bases. That's why they jumped into a pennant race about a year before they were supposed to.

LOL!  I'm conflicted because I was an avid O's fan before the NATS showed up.

And IMO, Nick Markakis, who was a Baltimore town fan favorite and now an all-star with the Braves, deserves this stage he's made for himself.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2018, 03:38:44 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2018, 05:00:01 am »
Even MLB dot com has been ignoring it in their stories, along with the rest of the nation's sports writers.  :shrug:

Strange season.  NL is a free for all, with only about four teams out of the playoff hunt.

Versus the AL, where pretty much everything is set.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #337 on: August 05, 2018, 01:41:23 pm »
Strange season.  NL is a free for all, with only about four teams out of the playoff hunt.

Versus the AL, where pretty much everything is set.

True.  In NL Central and West, the fourth place teams are less than 10 GB.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2018, 12:42:57 am »
My 'creepy eyes' still work.

Just as I suspected, ...since the All Star Break, 50% of Bryce Harper's hits have been to left-of-dead center field.

He's batting at a .376 clip and seems to have forgotten the shitty first half.

** Creepy eyes is what the Statheads in the Orioles' Usenet newsgroup called it, because I only used statistics to confirm my observations.
It was the Statheads vs the Dugout Boyz.

Dugout Boyz acknowledged the existence and value of team chemistry, which gave Statheads in the group the vapors.  LOL!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:51:07 am by DCPatriot »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2018, 01:48:11 am »
My 'creepy eyes' still work.

Just as I suspected, ...since the All Star Break, 50% of Bryce Harper's hits have been to left-of-dead center field.

He's batting at a .376 clip and seems to have forgotten the shitty first half.

** Creepy eyes is what the Statheads in the Orioles' Usenet newsgroup called it, because I only used statistics to confirm my observations.
It was the Statheads vs the Dugout Boyz.

Dugout Boyz acknowledged the existence and value of team chemistry, which gave Statheads in the group the vapors.  LOL!
@DCPatriot

From the All-Star break through the end of play Sunday, Bryce Harper hit .367 with fourteen runs driven in in fifteen games. And from GM Mike Rizzo telling him the day before the non-waiver deadline that he wasn't going anywhere, even though the Nationals could have gotten a delicious haul of prospects back for him, through Sunday again, Harper hit .471 over those six days.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2018, 05:28:31 pm »
'Childish Bambino' is one of the greatest teenagers in MLB history
Eddie Matz

[video at link]

WASHINGTON -- That the Washington Nationals were open to trading Bryce Harper speaks volumes.

First and foremost, it speaks to just how disappointing the first half of the season was, for both Harper and the Nats. Second, and almost as importantly, it speaks to just how good Juan Soto has been.

One of the main arguments against trading Harper, an idea that would've seemed blasphemous not too long ago but gained traction as the deadline approached and the Nats continued to hover around the .500 mark, was about this winter: Regardless of whether it made baseball sense, shipping the star right fielder elsewhere -- or even the mere thought of doing so -- might offend him and/or agent Scott Boras and greatly decrease the odds of Harper re-signing with Washington after his current contract expires.

By all accounts, there were no hard feelings around all the trade talk. "He understands this game as good or better than all of us," general manager Mike Rizzo said of Harper last week. "He would think we're not doing our job if we didn't address everything to try and make this organization better."

more at:   http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24309870/juan-soto-face-nats-bryce-harper

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IMHO, I don't believe he's 'only' 19 years old.  He's built like, and has the eyes of a 25 year old.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »
I REALLY hate this stupid "Watch today's game ONLY on Facebook Live!!" thing.
 9999hair out0000
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2018, 05:19:15 pm »
 9999hair out0000

You can say that again!  I am so pissed at MLB for this...they write off uncounted viewers, while gaining nothing.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2018, 05:22:55 pm »
You can say that again!  I am so pissed at MLB for this...they write off uncounted viewers, while gaining nothing.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

9999hair out0000

(You had to know that was coming!)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #344 on: August 09, 2018, 05:25:56 pm »
 9999hair out0000

(You had to know that was coming!)

During the season, every team's fans get a taste of this wonderful idea.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #345 on: August 09, 2018, 05:31:41 pm »
During the season, every team's fans get a taste of this wonderful idea.

Yep. And it stinks!

I pay for MLB.TV because I'm out of market for my team. I watch a solid 85% of their games,  but I feel cheated when they have one of these ridiculous Facebook games.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #346 on: August 09, 2018, 06:02:01 pm »
Yep. And it stinks!

I pay for MLB.TV because I'm out of market for my team. I watch a solid 85% of their games,  but I feel cheated when they have one of these ridiculous Facebook games.

I'm in-market, so MLB-TV is worthless to me.  Even when I travel out of town to my favorite Casino, it's still considered "in-market" because it's the same county, so it's blacked out. I bought that last year so I could watch there, but I ended up not watching a single game, and MLB refused to refund my money.  That shit's expensive.

FB TV is the equivalent of "No TV" for me.  There doesn't seem to be a source to stream the video for my Fire Stick, either, so it's literally "No TV" at my house.

I hope MLB can buy a clue by next season and strangle this baby in the crib.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2018, 07:02:29 am »
The Orioles are officially eliminated from the Post-Season, the earliest elimination in the Divisional Era (since 1969).

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2018, 02:22:13 pm »
As I had posted on another thread, the AL west and the NL west are getting interesting.
As an Astros fan, more interesting that I would like.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2018, 02:58:10 pm »
As I had posted on another thread, the AL west and the NL west are getting interesting.
As an Astros fan, more interesting that I would like.

I have been wondering if it hasn't been purposefully made so by the league controllers. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien