Author Topic: SO WRONG! Stanford Band MOCKS Border Wall, During Alamo Bowl Halftime Show [VIDEO]  (Read 789 times)

rangerrebew

SO WRONG! Stanford Band MOCKS Border Wall, During Alamo Bowl Halftime Show [VIDEO]
30 Dec, 2017 by Russell

Don’t Mess With Texas. That age old adage was on display during the halftime show of the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, Texas. Stanford University has no mascot because anything it chooses will be considered offensive to someone; they are political correctness personified. They came rolling into town to support their team in the Alamo Bowl against Texas Christian University. And boy did it get wild.

Deep in heart of Texas, the fruitcakes from the bay area mocked all things sacred to Texans: the border wall, Whataburger, and Texas pride. The Stanford band is known for poking fun during its performances, but this one may have gone too far. Audience members booed the band very loudly, and deservedly so.

http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/wrong-stanford-band-mocks-border-wall-alamo-bowl-halftime-show-video/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sophomoric. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
 Whataburger®
✔
@Whataburger

Maybe if the Stanford band had some Whataburger they wouldn’t be so unhappy
9:39 PM - Dec 28, 2017

160 160 Replies
    1,985 1,985 Retweets 6,712

Lesson learned is to not invite crap bands from California to play in Texas, especially when the real musical talent is already in Texas.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Dictionary

asinine
as·i·nine
adjective
extremely stupid or foolish.

"Lydia ignored his asinine remark"
synonyms:   stupid, foolish, brainless, mindless, senseless, idiotic, imbecilic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, nonsensical, fatuous, silly, inane, witless, empty-headed; informal halfwitted, dimwitted, dumb, moronic
"an asinine stunt"

Offline LadyLiberty

They have to talk smack to divert the attention away from how awful their band is.  Stanford's band can't do any better than that?  We have high school marching bands here in Texas that put them to shame!  And this is what happens on the University level:  ! No longer available

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We have the Rice band in Texas that does fine in mocking. 

The reason both bands have to do this is to deflect attention from the football program. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington