Author Topic: Mattis: ‘I’m saving money for bombs’ instead of tokens of gratitude for troops  (Read 488 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattis: ‘I’m saving money for bombs’ instead of tokens of gratitude for troops
By Julia Manchester - 12/31/17 10:05 AM EST

Defense Secretary James Mattis said he does not carry tokens of gratitude to hand out to U.S. troops and has instead opted for saving for bombs.

Mattis told Breitbart News he is saving up for bombs after a reporter relayed a message from a U.S. Marine who asked whether the secretary was carrying challenge coins during a trip to an international terrorism conference in Jordan earlier this year.

Defense leaders often carry the coins and hand them out to servicemen and women as a sign of their gratitude.

The anecdote comes as the Trump administration approaches its one-year mark.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/366913-mattis-im-saving-money-for-bombs-instead-of-gratitude-tokens
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Apparently also saving for the sex change operations.  I love it when the government is frugal with my money.

Offline goodwithagun

We get stupid little tokens at work also. Every time I get an ink pen, coffee mug, or Christmas ornament with our logo I think of how much I wish they would spend that money on a qua,it’s copy machine. I need a copy machine, not another mug.
I stand with Roosgirl.