Author Topic: U.S. Army contracts for full-rate production on M109A7 weapon vehicle  (Read 639 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Army contracts for full-rate production on M109A7 weapon vehicle
Lisa Daigle, Assistant Managing Editor

ARLINGTON, Va. The U.S. Army has awarded BAE Systems a contract that paves the way for full-rate production of the company’s M109A7 Self-Propelled Howitzer and M992A3 ammunition carrier vehicles. The contract includes an initial $413.7 million portion to complete the third and final option for low-rate initial production on the program; the contract includes additional options that would begin the full-rate production phase, which -- if exercised -- would bring the cumulative value of the award to approximately $1.7 billion.

http://mil-embedded.com/news/u-s-army-contracts-for-full-rate-production-on-m109a7-weapon-vehicle/

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: U.S. Army contracts for full-rate production on M109A7 weapon vehicle
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 02:42:01 pm »
Good reliable system, the ammo carrier not withstanding. Vastly improved since my A1 days.  But has it ever gone to someone other tha BAE? My friends will have a happy new year now that they have another tech manual to update.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Suppressed

Re: U.S. Army contracts for full-rate production on M109A7 weapon vehicle
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:42:18 pm »
Good reliable system, the ammo carrier not withstanding. Vastly improved since my A1 days.  But has it ever gone to someone other tha BAE? My friends will have a happy new year now that they have another tech manual to update.

Yup.  Good system.

The Crusader and NLOS Cannon were canceled.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn