Author Topic: GOP Business Tax Cuts Force Other Countries to Compete  (Read 820 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
GOP Business Tax Cuts Force Other Countries to Compete
« on: December 27, 2017, 06:30:34 pm »
The Republican tax plan has a lot of moving parts, but its centerpiece is a major long-term cut in corporate taxes. American businesses have been eagerly anticipating these cuts, and 2017’s strong stock performances were driven in part by an expectation in the market that they were coming.

Liberal critics are apt to downplay the impact that corporate tax rates have on the competitiveness of American business — but the news from around the globe suggests that our economic competitors are very aware of the threat that the “Trump tax cuts” will lure more business back to the United States, or stem the departures of existing businesses, unless they take steps to keep up...

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454958/gop-tax-cuts-forcing-other-countries-compete
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP Business Tax Cuts Force Other Countries to Compete
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:32:13 pm »
Imagine what would happen if we cut it to zero.  Where it properly should be BTW.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: GOP Business Tax Cuts Force Other Countries to Compete
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:50 pm »
Imagine what would happen if we cut it to zero.  Where it properly should be BTW.

Here we go, the next time a Lib starts in about 'Trickle Down Economics' having been 'proven' to be a lie that didn't work.

"Japan: The Journal notes that the Japanese have been ahead of the game, but may be spurred to additional action: Japan’s government, which is already cutting its main corporate rate to 29.74%, is studying cutting the effective tax rate to as low as 20% for companies that follow certain pro-growth policies. The tax debate in Japan “responds to developments in the U.S. and Europe and is desirable from the viewpoint of competitiveness,” said Takeshi Niinami, chief executive of beverage maker Suntory Holdings.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is, however, pressuring companies to raise wages in order to qualify for the cuts.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com